Friday, 16 October 2020

Chuckles Weekend Roundup

 

Welcome to my feature Chuckles Weekend Roundup where I will be looking at what books I've received, anything interesting I've done or bought or watched and other random stuff. I'll be taking a look back at what happened in my blogging world too, sort of like The Sunday Post that some of you do!

Please note that I'll be visiting your STS/SP as normal, but I don't follow or leave comments on blogs run by Google Plus, or DISQUS as I refuse to join something just to leave comments, and I won't allow DISQUS to follow new people, update my profile or post tweets 'on my behalf'. I am the only one who does that on my social media! I won't comment on any blog that makes me sign in using another account. Sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress-they try to block me because I deleted my account with them but I will persevere as it only happens the odd time!
 
Another week has passed and it's still pretty cold. I decided it was time to treat myself to another pair of fluffy slippers and a pair of big thick Harry Potter knitted slipper socks! They are fleeced inside which makes them nice and warm and perfect to slip inside my fluffy slippers for an extra layer of snugness! I also treated myself to some Harry Potter chocolate and a few bottles of Butterbeer so I can have a nice night snuggled in my bed watching the extras on my Harry Potter blu-ray sets! Should be a good night tonight!
 
After battling with the images I decided to delete the other two. It was getting too complicated and everyone knows what a bottle of beer looks like anyway! It was Flying Cauldron Butterbeer (non alcoholic!) The chocolate bar has a wrapper that looks like the train ticket to Hogwarts. 

What else has happened this week? I decided to do some work in the house. The hall looks a bit better as I've stuffed as much under the stairs as I can-we have a gap about the size of Harry's cupbard-and that will do to let us move about without falling over things, at least until we can do a full sorting. I also did some work in the living room after buying a few plastic storage boxes to put stuff into. It's a work in progress but it's better. Of course I'm putting off the work I need to do in my bedroom...Other than tidying, I haven't done much. I did read a couple of books this week. Non fiction rather than horror but that and sleeping a bit better seems to be getting me more motivated to read just as my winter hibernation approaches!
 
Chuckles Blogging World 
I'm not too far behind this week for a change and should be fully caught up either tonight or tomorrow. I also have a few blog posts ready to go for next week so that's good!
 
Book Reviews 
 
Michael Bond-Paddington Goes To Town (Paddington Bear #8)
 
Regular Posts
 
Around The Blogs With Chuckles

Top Ten Tuesday
 
Discussion Posts
 
Fixing The Normal/Paragraph Setting
 
60 Years Of Coronation Street-1985/1986 
 
Autumn Blues #2

The Best Shark Books #1
 
Reading Challenges
 
Tackling The TBR 
 
Films & TV & Music
Nothing much to report. I'm now watching through all my Harry Potter Blu-Ray DVD's and the extras on them. 
 
Book Tags/Blog Awards  
 
A Killer Halloween Book Tag
 
The Week Ahead
 Who knows! I hope to keep reading, whatever the subject!
 

16 comments:

  1. Hope you have a great start to your weekend. :) Blogger is killing me- is it getting WORSE??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is worse I think. The last two days I've had vanishing text, setting stuck on subheading instead of paragraph or normal and a graphics nightmare!

      Delete
    2. Oh it's definitely worse for me! My last few posts have been nightmares to put up!

      Delete
    3. You just don't know what new crap you're going to face each time you go to do a post! Doing a lot of book tags and lists has been hard this month!

      Delete
  2. guess what? Librarything just changed their layout. So now almost every site I'm on has completely frak'd me over. Sigh.

    Glad to hear you are getting some reading done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WHY are they insisting on changing everything around during a pandemic when we all need our computers more than ever!!! It's unbelievable isn't it. You'd think they wanted us all to quit blogging. It's a nightmare.

      A few non fiction books about Coronation Street is better than nothing I guess! But spooky booky month has been a washout!

      Delete
  3. Hi! Same with me, I can only comment on other Blogger pages, not Wordpress or something like that. I loved your Harry Potter socks and it is a pity that you couldn't upload the pictures of the butter beer and the chocolate. Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Wordpress issue is because I set up and then cancelled an account with them so they won't let me sign up. I can get round it by signing in using a different email address which is what I do. The socks are nice and warm and I'm wearing them now! Butterbeer photo is on my Autumn Blues post! Hope you had a good weekend!

      Delete
  4. Love the HP socks!

    We're getting a sort on too... Mostly, we're trying to sort the shed so we can install power to it and get a chest freezer out there. We had a chest freezer in our old rental but we sold it as we didn't have space when we bought this one. Needless to say, with covid and no-deal brexit looming we're regretting that and are trying to fix it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had space for one! I'd love to get a few frozen treats in for Christmas...vienetta, arctic roll, cheesecakes, key lime pie...but no space even for a table top freezer!

      Delete
  5. Love your Harry Potter socks! I need so comfy cozy socks and may have to do some shopping soon and the butter beer and chocolate sound pretty good! Hope you have a great week and stay warm and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cream soda can be hit and miss but the butterscotch cream soda is very nice! The socks are cozy and easy to walk about in though I use them with my furry slippers which are wide enough to take them!

      Delete
  6. I love the socks! I’ve never tried Butterbeer, but I’m a massive chocolate fan. Have a great week!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had my eye on the chocolate frogs as I want the wizard cards but they are so expensive on Amazon! I want to go to the studio tour if we ever get back to normal in the UK!

      Delete