Welcome to my feature Chuckles Weekend
Roundup where I will be looking at what books I've received, anything
interesting I've done or bought or watched and other random stuff. I'll
be taking a look back at what happened in my blogging world too, sort of
like The Sunday Post that some of you do!
Please note that I'll be visiting your
STS/SP as normal, but I don't follow or leave comments on blogs run by
Google Plus, or DISQUS as I refuse to join something just to leave
comments, and I won't allow DISQUS to follow new people, update my
profile or post tweets 'on my behalf'. I am the only one who does that
on my social media! I won't comment on any blog that makes me sign in using another account. Sometimes,
I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by
Wordpress-they try to block me because I deleted my account with them but I will persevere as it only happens the odd time!
Hi everyone. Sorry I've been a bit absent this week but I really needed a break away from the blog so I could work on other things. I hoped to get more reading done but that didn't really happen as all I want to do at the moment is sloth around watching TV, interacting with our squirrel horde who are so cheeky and funny, and getting on with other stuff in both the house and on the computer. I still have plenty work to do on my Goodreads Group, moving good blog posts over to it and getting it ready for opening hopefully sometime next month. I think I'll keep my blog open for now and see how things are at the end of the year, whether Blogger has fixed enough stuff, if I'm liking the group better etc before any other decisions are taken. I will probably open the group up anyway, once I have things ready. Not sure when though!
Jeez it's annoying having to keep reminding Blogger to keep me on Normal Spacing for blog posts-it keeps throwing me on to Paragraph and it's annoying. If I WANT Paragraph, I'll put it to that myself!!! I feel no urge to do posts with graphics as it is too much hassle but of course on my Goodreads Group, my posts are graphic-less too. Bummer. Anyway, I'll be around this week though I'll also be busy off the blog too, once I get caught up with this week and what I missed. I added a couple of books that I saw on other people's blogs and got a few in. I'm about to battle to try and put in the book covers now *sighs* That was a nightmare AGAIN. This Blogger is beyond useless for trying to do a quick and normal blog post. Fifteen minutes to get three images in a row and the text below in the right place. Utter nightmare. You need the patience of a saint which I don't have. And now it won't let me start a new paragraph at all. Wonderful. The joys of blogging are being sucked out of me every day I spend on stupid Blogger.
Chuckles Blogging World
I've spent the last two days trying to catch up on about nine days of stuff that I missed on your blogs and I didn't have time to get to everything, sorry, so there aren't as many comments as I'd like to have left. Hopefully this week willl be a bit better! I'll be catching up with comments on my own blog as soon as I get my roundup posts completed. The rest of today will be getting posts ready for next week and then watching the football on Twitter while I continue to sort files around my computer, maybe move some stuff to Goodreads. I'll be doing a post about what is going to be on my Goodreads Group too.
Book Reviews
None this week as Blogger is pissing me off
Regular Posts
Around The Blogs With Chuckles
Top Ten Tuesday
Prepping With Chuckles
Discussion Posts
60 Years of Corrie-Best Characters 60's/70's
The Falling Leaves Of Autum #3
Authors Behaving Badly
I've Had It To The Back Teeth With Blogger
Reading Challenges
Tackling The TBR
Films & TV & Music
I've continued my morning routine of watching Harry Potter while I blog in the mornings as it helps me to relax. At night I'm watching Corrie documentaries mostly or doing a few chapters of reading but not much.
Book Tags/Blog Awards
none until Blogger gets a grip
The Week Ahead
Busy! I'm trying to delete unwanted files, gut my ereaders, move posts from Blogger to Goodreads, chase cats away from our squirrels, do housework and not have a meltdown over anything that goes wrong! I might even read a little as I want to finally get that Goodreads Challenge off my back!
I so agree about the normal vs. paragraph spacing on Blogger! It is annoying to have to keep changing it back. Hope you have a slothfully happy weekend. :D
ReplyDeleteIt drives me mad! Why can't they just leave it on whatever one we want until we decide to change it!
DeleteGlad you're holding off until the new years to make the final decision about moving.
ReplyDeleteI swear though, it's like it's a conspiracy to make hobbies as unfun as possible now...
It's an evil conspiracy for sure! Blogging recently has felt like a chore rather than a hobby! I'm also worried about how much work the Goodreads group could be especially if I don't fully shut down the blog!
DeleteI hope that Blogger finds a way to fix all these problems.
ReplyDeleteI think we're all hoping for common sense from these tech folk but it ain't happening yet!
DeleteOne of the issues I’m having with Blogger is the normal/paragraph thing. Sometimes when I change it to normal, nothing happens with the spacing. It stays on paragraph. I’ve decided to give them a few months to fix things before I make any decisions about moving the blog. I’d have to pay someone to move it, which I’d rather not do.
ReplyDeleteAj @ Read All The Things!
It's that paragraph thing that is driving me crazy too. There must be a way to get it set onto normal as the default. I never use any other option in that settings list! Today it took twenty minutes to get it to change and stay on normal to complete a few lines on my TTT!
DeleteThe changes to blogger just don't make any sense honestly. I get doing occasional updates but the spacing thing just is a big why. I'm so tempted to buy the Allie Bosh book but am trying to talk myself into waiting to get it from the library which will be probably around January!
ReplyDeleteThat paragraph to normal thing is really getting me mad on a daily basis and they better fix it. I love the graphics in Allie's books so I can't wait to read it once I get my mojo back!
DeleteI hope things get better with Blogger and your headaches become fewer. Cass really wants to come and watch the squirrels with him. As you are aware, they are his favorite.
ReplyDeleteI realized that I'm not having the same fits with pictures because I subscribe to PicMonkey which allows me to do photo collages and graphics and then drop them into where they are needed. It's less that $5.00 a month is that would be something you want to look into.
Hope you have a wonderful week and enjoy your new books. I hope Night of the Mannequins works better for you.
Cass would love our squirrels! They are such funny wee guys! We had four sitting on the fence feeding today and they are all so cute! Thanks for the suggestion but I just don't pay to blog y'know? If I can't do it free, I just don't bother!
DeleteI'm going into Mannequins knowing about mixed reviews so we'll see how I get on! (When I finally get round to it of course!)
i hate when something works well for me and 'they' have the urge to 'improve' the site. i am still playing around with wordpress trying to figure everything out.
ReplyDeletesherry @ fundinmental
'They' have a lot to answer for, they really do! They just have to mess about with everything for the sake of it, regardless of what we want!
DeleteThe new blogger has a learning curve but I'm not having any of these issues so I wonder if people are getting different versions???
ReplyDeleteKaren @ For What It's Worth
I'm not sure but the constant battle between paragraph and normal setting is grinding me down!
Delete