Friday, 4 September 2020

Chuckles Weekend Roundup

Welcome to my feature Chuckles Weekend Roundup where I will be looking at what books I've received, anything interesting I've done or bought or watched and other random stuff. I'll be taking a look back at what happened in my blogging world too, sort of like The Sunday Post that some of you do!

Please note that I'll be visiting your STS/SP as normal, but I don't follow or leave comments on blogs run by Google Plus, or DISQUS as I refuse to join something just to leave comments, and I won't allow DISQUS to follow new people, update my profile or post tweets 'on my behalf'. I am the only one who does that on my social media! I won't comment on any blog that makes me sign in using another account. Sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress-they try to block me because I deleted my account with them but I will persevere as it only happens the odd time! 

I'm trying to do this blog post using the new version of Blogger and my temper is rising as it is taking me longer to find everything I normally use so it could take a while. If I find it too complicated or hate the finished product, my blogging days could be numbered so we'll see. I've had computer issues all day, being forced from legacy to the new blogger, missing layouts and navbars and I'm really tired and fed up with it all. This week has been a struggle with the never ending insomnia which has been driving me crazy. I only got an hour of sleep before I had to get up for the Asda delivery, AND I have toothache. A great weekend beckons!!!
 
On the book side I did get some reading done, all be it non fiction. I've been reading a couple of new Paddington purchases and focusing on non fiction connected to my favourite TV shows Coronation Street and SAS Who Dares Wins. I'm hopeful of reading some horror fiction this week but I've been saying that for about a month now! I want to ensure two months of mainly horror reads so I can enjoy the autumn and the scary season! I'm trying to pretend I didn't buy a couple of books this week...
 
Chuckles Blogging World
After an enforced break due to insomnia I was in catchup mode this week. I'm pleased to say that I'm back on track and however bad the lack of sleep is, I have plenty to keep me awake through the days and some junk food that hopefully won't annoy my tooth too much! There are two posts for ATBWC and TTT because there was no roundup post last weekend.
 
Book Reviews  
none this week
 
Regular Posts 
 
Around The Blogs With Chuckles #1
 
Around The Blogs With Chuckles #2
 
Top Ten Tuesday-Author Questions
 
Top Ten Tuesday-Food
 
6Degrees Of Seperation
 
Discussion Posts
 
Dog Days Of Summer #13
 
Dog Days Of Summer #14 
 
60 Years of Coronation Street 1978-1979

60 Years of Coronation Street Disliked Characters
 
Reading Challenges 
 
Tackling The TBR
 
Films & TV & Music 
I watched a bit of the Premier League of Darts, a few Harry Potters and some Coronation Street documentaries and things I found on YouTube which was fun.
 
Book Tags/Blog Awards 
 
Monsterathon 2020
 
The Week Ahead
I hope to finish the Corrie book I'm on and fit in a few horror novellas and maybe then another Corrie one. Hopefully it will be a good reading week! I really want to get on with rearranging my books and moving bookcases in my bedroom but I'm already tired just thinking about it and I'm not sure if I'll get started. I sort of want to and don't want to! Anyway these are my planned reads for the week ahead.
 

6 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better and the toothache goes away. I also hope you manage to get some sleep. My college Alma Mater is actually attempting a football game tomorrow so I'm excited to watch that - from the comfort of my safe living room. Hope whatever you do this weekend you get some rest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The toothache finally faded over the weekend which was a bit puzzling really. I'm now wondering if it was an attack of neuralgia instead. Weird. I hope you got to enjoy that football match. I've been watching the darts for entertainment again.

      Delete
  2. I find it highly suspicious that blogger AND wordpress both forced "upgrades" of their editors on their users at the same time. Stinks!

    I've only used the blogger new editor once and really didn't like it, so I am NOT looking forward to having to get used to it AND the new editor at wp.Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's much worse for you, having to deal with both of them messing you around. It's a bit of a nightmare really. It just goes to show that these companies don't care about the wishes of the user!

      Delete
  3. Ugh, sympathies for the toothache! I had work done today and my jaw is ACHING, it's such a pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so hacked off about not being able to get my teeth fixed at the moment. I have bought a dental repair kit to fill my own teeth. I saw the suggestion on our dentist's web site so I guess that means they aren't opening for a long time!

      Delete