Friday, 12 June 2020

Chuckles Weekend Roundup


Welcome to my feature Chuckles Weekend Roundup where I will be looking at what books I've received, anything interesting I've done or bought or watched and other random stuff. I'll be taking a look back at what happened in my blogging world too, sort of like The Sunday Post that some of you do! 

Please note that I'll be visiting your STS/SP as normal, but I don't follow or leave comments on blogs run by Google Plus, or DISQUS as I refuse to join something just to leave comments, and I won't allow DISQUS to follow new people, update my profile or post tweets 'on my behalf'. I am the only one who does that on my social media! I won't comment on any blog that makes me sign in using another account. Sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress-they try to block me because I deleted my account with them but I will persevere as it only happens the odd time!
****************
This has been a really trying week! It started with the bout of hayfever dying down a bit as the pollen levels dropped but then came the insect bites which have become infected. Bloody cleggs have given me cellulitus which is kind of nasty. Last night I managed to break my third tooth of lockdown and had a panic attack that kept me up all night. Today I went out to put something in the bin and got bitten again and the pollen levels are back up so the hayfever has flared up again. I think it's safe to say that it hasn't been the best of weeks plus my dad is all stressed out about all the legal phone calls he is having to make. Grr. 

On the reading side of things I've zoomed through the final Harry Potter book and will get that finished tonight. I've really enjoyed my re-read though it has taken much longer than I expected. I've made a start to the first of Enid Blyton's Wishing Chair adventures and it has been fun to take a trip down memory lane with that! My reading is still sporadic but it's better than not reading at all. I still hope to improve my reading tally in the second half of the year so we'll see how things go with that.

Chuckles Blogging World
I've been so busy offline this week that as usual I'm going to be playing catchup over the weekend. I'll be popping into your blogs to say hello over the next couple of days and catching up with blog comments.
 
Book Reviews
none this week
 
Regular Posts
 
Chuckles Friday Reading Roundup
 
Around The Blogs With Chuckles
 
Top Ten Tuesday
 
Discussion Posts 
 
The Dog Days Of Summer
 
Reading Challenges 
none this week
 
Films & TV & Music 
Finished watching season 9 of Great British Menu and I'm moving on to season 10. I watched re-runs of darts and crickets. I stayed off all news channels. On the film side of things I watched Harry Potter, The Mummy, The Fog and Jumanji.
 
Book Tags/Blog Awards
none this week
 
The Week Ahead
I'm hoping to finish The Wishing Chair and maybe get a few short horror reads done. I am refusing to step outside my door until the pollen levels go down and a supply of deet arrives from either Amazon or the pharmacy! 
 

12 comments:

  1. Those kinds of phone calls can be stressful. My allergies have finally started to get better and then the wind starts blowing and it gets worst again. I hope things get better for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh allergies can be so crippling and make you feel so miserable. The pollen levels are up today which is just what I didn't need!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a rough week indeed. Trust that next week will be better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've had nothing but medical issues all through the lockdown and we're both pretty sick of it!

      Delete
  3. Sorry you had a tough week, but at least you’re enjoying your books!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that I'm done with Harry Potter I'm at a loss as to what I want to read next!

      Delete
  4. What a tough week! I hope things get better. My reading this year is the worst ever and I've given up on challenges or worrying about it. No way can I catch up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My reading has been the worst ever as well but I'm not sure why. Lockdown hasn't altered my routine at all but I seem to be busier around the house for some reason! Challenges have fallen by the wayside here too but I'm working on an ebook list to go with my paperback list-maybe that will motivate me better!

      Delete
  5. i have been having a terrible time with sinus/allergy stuff too. hang in there. it will pass

    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's horrible isn't it! It makes me feel really sorry for myself! As soon as I get the bug spray from Amazon I can finally get helping my dad over at my uncle's house!

      Delete
  6. Hayfever is kicking my ass at the moment too and anti-histamines make me drowsy and miserable so I normally just tough it out. :(

    Sorry to hear about the tooth! The dentists down here have started to re-open and are prioritising emergencies so hopefully it wont be long before Scotland follows suit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. According to a news report, pollution from cars catches the pollen and pushes it away-the reduced car fumes are allowing it to float free. Who thought car pollution was useful! Scotland is drifting along way behind the rest of the world and it's really annoying!!!

      Delete