Saturday, 20 June 2020

Chuckles Weekend Roundup


Welcome to my feature Chuckles Weekend Roundup where I will be looking at what books I've received, anything interesting I've done or bought or watched and other random stuff. I'll be taking a look back at what happened in my blogging world too, sort of like The Sunday Post that some of you do! 

Please note that I'll be visiting your STS/SP as normal, but I don't follow or leave comments on blogs run by Google Plus, or DISQUS as I refuse to join something just to leave comments, and I won't allow DISQUS to follow new people, update my profile or post tweets 'on my behalf'. I am the only one who does that on my social media! I won't comment on any blog that makes me sign in using another account. Sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress-they try to block me because I deleted my account with them but I will persevere as it only happens the odd time!
****************
I've been so busy this week that I'm running a bit late on all my posts-what with a funeral and that fire on Monday, the oven drama on Tuesday, the usual housework during the week, the food delivery and the sorting of the paperwork all day yesterday...ugh I need a rest this weekend. We have six months to empty my uncle's house of everything so we can avoid further council tax on it until we sell it, so next week we start clearing it out in earnest. I'm not greatly looking forward to it as our own house also needs a good tidy but needs must! I also have six full bookcases of dvds to sort today which will be fun!
 
I did a small bit of reading on Thursday and Friday but I'm still falling behind in my reading especially when I was able to grab a few books off my wishlist this week. It was productive for ADDING to my TBR but not much else! I'm sharing those new books with you on this post. I keep feeling the urge to obtain books especially with all the online bargains but I need to get back to actually reading the buggers! 
 
DOWNLOADS
 
  




Chuckles Blogging World
Yet another week on playing catchup due to being too busy off the computer. It looks like a long and tiring summer ahead.
 
Book Reviews
none this week
 
Regular Posts
 
Chuckles Friday Reading Roundup
 
Around The Blog With Chuckles
 
Top Ten Tuesday
 
Discussion Posts
 
The Testing Of My Patience

Reading Challenges
 
Just Get On With It Reading List Update #1
 
Short E-Books I Really Need To Read

Films & TV & Music
Not much to talk about really. I watched the same Harry Potter films along with the original Jumanji again. I also completed Great British Menu season 10 and started on season 14.
 
Book Tags/Blog Awards 
none this week
 
The Week Ahead
The word 'busy' comes to mind! On Monday my dad will be going over to my uncle's house to clear out some stuff that he is giving to my uncle's friends-fishing gear and waterproof clothes, things like that. I'm staying at our house to tackle the big bookcase move. I spent four hours this morning on it but I'm not half done yet and my back is in spasms. I reckon it'll take two more days to get it done. Once the furniture is all in its new home I can finally get our living room tidy and user friendly! I do hope to read but who knows!

10 comments:

  1. Good luck with clearing out your uncle's house!

    For the DVDs you're not planning on keeping have you considered something like Music Magpie? They can be a good way of clearing them out. They take DVDs, CDs, books etc. The price they offer varies item to item (popularity, availability etc) but they send a courier to collect and all you need to do is box them up. (Sorry if this is something you're aware of!) I used them when moving house and was happy with how little effort it took compared to lugging it to various charity shops etc. (Although I had to do a fair amount of that too!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I do know Music Magpie but you need a computer printer to print out the barcode label to put on the boxes and I don't have one-no space to keep one really and it isn't something I'd use often enough. The charity shops will be happy to have them I hope! My uncle wasn't a big film watcher other than old westerns so the dvds are mostly boxing and fishing!

      Delete
  2. Clearing out a house is always such a lot of work! Good luck with your uncle's house...and sorting through all your DVDs. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trying to totally clear up two houses at the same time is proving to be horrible!

      Delete
  3. Wow you grabbed some great books and I know what you mean. There have been some Kindle sales I haven't been able to avoid as well.

    It's understandable that you feel like you haven't gotten a lot of reading done. I mean, look at all you're dealing with! I think you're doing great and just keep pushing on. You'll get there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a long slog this spring and early summer! But we've knuckled down this weekend and started work on our living room which was total chaos! Reading has taken a back seat to just slothing around in front of the TV watching favourite films and series!

      Delete
  4. I remember when my mom passed away they apartment complex gave us a week to clean out her apartment and take what they wanted before they changed the locks. My brothers left all the paperwork and phone calls to me to do while they did the heavy lifting. That stuff is never fun but it has to get done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow a week to move things out? That is pretty harsh. You're right of course, it isn't fun but has to be done. Luckily my uncle owned his house but had paid off the mortgage so that gives us breathing space for at least six months to get it ready to sell. The phone calls as you know are mentally draining-you've been through it too-but that is all over now I'm happy to say.

      Delete
  5. I'm falling behind on everything right now but that seems to be how things are going for all of us these days.

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been determined to get stuff done in the house to compensate for not getting much reading done. We've just been hit with a heatwave this week which is not helping me to de-sloth!

      Delete