Friday, 24 April 2020

Virus Days 5


TUESDAY
I was running about like an idiot when I got up this morning, getting ready for the food delivery from the supermarket. The guy arrived just after 9am and unpacked everything and my dad and I got the stuff into the kitchen to put away. That was so much easier than going to the supermarket where you have to get the stuff into your trolley, onto the conveyor belt, into the trolley in bags, into the car, out of the car and into the house then unpack in the kitchen and put away. My next booked delivery is ten days and we'll get stuff in for my uncle. If Aldi would do a delivery service, life would be sweet as they are much cheaper, but at least Asda can deliver so we'll make use of them. Maybe Aldi need to think about starting a proper delivery service. I've heard that receiving substitute items on these supermarket deliveries can be a real lottery but what we got was useable.

The same can't be said for Amazon. Have you noticed how dumb their recommendations can be? Based on the fact I'd looked at face masks, I was recommended a thong. I don't think THAT would give your face much protection from the virus! 

WEDNESDAY
We don't think my uncle has the virus. The issues with his breathing seem to have been caused by the pharmacy not sending inhalers in his last prescription and he was rationing the inhalers until the new ones arrived which was Monday. He is already feeling a bit better but has decided to stay home for a while until he feels a lot better. We supplied him with fresh meat, toilet roll and newspapers today which cheered him up. My dad drove over to his house to drop off the package and when he came home I nearly had a fit because my dad was wearing his mask upside down! That isn't going to help!!! 

Today I was trying to get more housework done which is becoming a problem as my right arm is painful when I try to lift or grip anything. Sore as it is, it isn't an emergency so I won't trouble the doctor with it but I am getting really frustrated at being tired and sore all the time. But at least it isn't the virus, which I'm grateful for. I cheered myself up with fresh chicken fillets in a chasseur sauce and mashed potato for dinner. It's one of my favourite meals. I also had some extra mature cheddar as a snack with cheesy biscuits!

THURSDAY
WHY am I finding it so hard to just get stuff done online? I'm sorry that I haven't been around much these last two weeks on my own blog. I've just struggled to get anything done. Hopefully I can start fresh this weekend as I have a few ideas for book related posts to get me back on track! I've also stopped watching SKY and BBC because these news outlets are getting on my nerves. The viewer's questions to the experts are the same every day. The Downing Street daily briefing is a waste of time as the same questions are asked every day-PPE, exit strategy and why can't we copy Germany. These questions have been answered a million times! I'm spending my mornings watching favourite films and the afternoons watching Gold Rush box sets with my dad. Also had a boiled egg and soldiers for lunch, and finger rolls with german hot dogs, tomato sauce and sour cream for dinner...YUM!

My next plan is to catch up with favourite cookery shows, game shows and reality TV. I have tons of stuff waiting to be watched so that will be perfect for nights where I'm not reading. I'm just about done with the Prisoner of Azkaban. I might try reading a few other things before going on to the Goblet of Fire.

FRIDAY
I watched the news this morning with some alarm, listening to Donald Trump sharing his ideas for virus treatments involving UV light blasting the skin and disinfectant injections! I was also alarmed to see the scale of the anti lockdown protests in the US. That lack of social distancing at these rallies could infect thousands. It's pretty worrying. We're still getting over 600 deaths a day and MPs and so called experts are still wanting to end lockdown! I'm not considering coming out of my hidey hole until at least autumn!

I haven't done enough posts this week to justify a roundup post so I'll add the little I did this week on to next week's posts and do a roundup post next weekend instead. I need to get back into my blogging routine but housework and stuff have been keeping me busy. Need to put more effort in!

I hope everyone is staying safe and my thoughts are with anyone currently suffering with the virus, health issues with loved ones and everyone who is under stress at this time.

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I think it is a problem with the nerves in the arm but not sure exactly what condition it is! I've had bouts of bursitis (not sure of the spelling) and ongoing neuralgia from time to time. I'm trying out wrist splints to see if that straightens the nerves and solves the issue!

      Delete
  2. I can't believe the president of a country like the US can honestly stand there and advocate that crap (UV and disinfectant...) I mean, sweet baby Jesus, disinfectant has warnings all over the labels about internal use/consumption for a reason! Instead of C-19 they're going to have hospitals full of people in multi-organ failure as a result of stupidity. It's extraordinary!

    I think people are just so desperate for life to get back to normal that stupidity is taking over and it's terrifying when you consider how long we'll be expected to maintain social distancing AFTER the lockdowns end. :/ Not to mention second and third waves when people fail to do so. :(

    I'm also sick of the same questions from journalists over and over... Anyone who thinks governments will keep people in lockdown for longer than they need to (trashing their economies while they do it) for giggles needs their head examined. As soon as something changes, we'll be told, you know? Grrr.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I was pretty staggered by his comments for sure. Dettol couldn't wait to step away from that idea and tell us not to do it. I heard that medical helplines were swamped with people wanting to know if they should use bleach in that way. You couldn't make it up! Idiots trying this will be clogging up hospital wards soon, I agree.

      I'm getting so mad with anti government heckling from journalists and opposition MPs. I stay off the news now and just scan the online articles that interest me. Now Labour mayors are talking about opening pubs. On your own head be it. I bet these guys won't let their families to go there but it's ok to risk the rest of us! No thanks I'll be staying in lockdown long after it ends! I never thought I'd be so pleased to see Boris back at work to knock heads together.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad to hear about your Uncle. Maybe he'll settle down a tad. We're doing okay but I'm ticked I can't get my hands on the new King book. Amazon isn't making books a priority so who knows when I'll get it. Oh well, there are worse problems.

    I was watching some news clips last night so when Mr. Barb came to bed, I told him all we needed to do was mainline bleach and apparently we'd be ok. I swear, when did Trump get a medical license. What's worse is that some people will believe him.

    Stay safe and sending lots of puppy love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've certainly had a wait of a few weeks for the paperbacks that I ordered but now I'm just waiting on the new Grady Hendrix one. It's not like I'll run out waiting for it but I just want it to be here!

      Trump just needs to read out prepared and approved speeches and stop making up dumb stuff! I couldn't believe that UV and bleach stuff!

      Delete
  4. It's getting weird out here. People were so good but they're getting impatient and feel emboldened by the persona at the top encouraging them to push local governments to open. So far my state refuses to cave to the pressure.

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you have sensible local government. We have the same issues here. I'm following the advice of the UK government but the Scottish government keep wanting to do things different. Our household has had no offer of any help from the Scottish government and the helpline for our area STILL hasn't been set up!

      Delete
  5. I hope your arm starts feeling better soon. I am glad that it seems like your uncle doesn't have the virus. I think that it is hard to keep up with stuff right now. I would say to just do what you feel up to. We will be here when you do post. I hope that you and your dad both stay healthy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so hard to tell with all these coughs going around! My dad still wears a mask and distances from my uncle when we drop things off to him. I'm feeling a bit livlier this weekend so hopefully more posts!

      Delete
  6. Sorry to hear about your arm! Hope it's feeling better. We had grocery delivery a time or two before all this and one time they substituted my diet coke for diet pepsi and I still haven't gotten over it! I am really glad it worked out for you and yes with all the stress you've had to go through I imagine it was nice to be able to tick that box off and relax a bit. Glad your uncle seems to be virus free and hopefully he'll behave a bit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The issues with the arm have been ongoing for about a year but it seems to be bugging me more now because I have food deliveries and Amazon packages coming-boxes needing to be ripped and put in our recycling bin! I did get sent Cream Soda (ugh) instead of Lime in the last delivery which was bad but everything else was ok!

      Delete