Thursday, 9 April 2020

Virus Days 2


WEDNESDAY
Good news to hear that the PM is improving in hospital, sitting up in bed and talking to the medical staff. I hope he is out of hospital soon. Best wishes to all the other people around the world who are fighting this disease and I hope as many as possible can pull through. 

My dad is becoming totally addicted to watching Gold Rush! I knew he would enjoy watching it! We watched eight episodes today from season two, which was fun. I'm so much enjoying the chance to watch it all over again from the start. Hopefully I'll get to watch more tomorrow. Tonight I was watching the end of Deadliest Catch season 12 so I can get ready to watch the dvd box sets that recently arrived for seasons 13 and 14. 

I believe my hand is healing and is going to be ok which was a relief. I was in a state of anxiety all day because I kept coughing this morning but that seems to have gone this afternoon. Every cough, splutter and sneeze sets off a chain of worry! A big plate of macaroni cheese for dinner tonight, followed by extra mature cheese with apple chutney on Ritz cheesy biscuits!

THURSDAY
I've taken the step today of changing settings on my blog and social media accounts, starting with protecting my tweets on Twitter. It should not affect anyone who is already following me but if there are problems, just stick a comment on my most recent blog post to let me know. I'm useless at technical stuff but will try to sort it out! I'm so sick of looking at all the toxic crap on Twitter right now, and I find myself again debating if I should stay on it. I don't actually LIKE Twitter but it can be useful. Och I don't know.

I get that people don't like our PM, didn't vote for him, don't like his policies, and that's ok. People are free to share that opinion on Twitter or their blogs and I can choose to read it or not read it. Democracy right? And I am trying to avoid reading stuff I don't agree with, staying away from the really toxic comments and keeping out of fights as I can't deal with extra stress at the moment. I want to avoid the hate from opponents of the government which isn't useful right now. During a national and world health crisis I don't personally think it's time for political point scoring and finger pointing. After the crisis, we can look at the mistakes, improve the plans and be better prepared for a future crisis but lets get through this first!

Today, a blogger friend decided that my blog was the perfect place for her rant against Boris and his government. I didn't publish it as it was pretty much a serves him right he's sick and maybe it'll teach him thing. With the man in intensive care at the moment and not out of danger yet, I was a bit pissed. I'm no fan of Corbyn, McDonnell, Trump or Pelosi, but I would be horrified to see them seriously ill in hospital, y'know? Corbyn refused to self isolate (he's 70) and kept going to Parliament despite advice not to but if he had caught the virus I wouldn't be saying 'serves you right'! I'd be rooting for them as a human being and thinking of their families. Anyway, I've taken steps to prevent her trying that again.

The Hit Parade of Morons continues. Yesterday the Tottenham football team manager and players had a full training session in a public park. Two men in Lancashire smeared saliva on supermarket food, leading to food being destroyed. Idiots travelling to the Lake District for a holiday sent home by police. A convoy of caravans heading to Devon cause a crash that blocks lorries from delivering vital supplies to the area. Woman in London claims to be 'exercising her mind' when challenged by police for flouting the rules. 84 year old woman has to eat from a bin after her food delivery is stolen. Asshat arrested in supermarket in Liverpool for violence against staff members. Off road motorbikers assault a woman in her 50's after riding across the golf course and create terror in the village. Postman wipes content of his nose on doorbells, railings and handles. Manchester police shut down 660 parties, 122 groups playing sports, 173 park gatherings and 112 incidents of anti-social behaviour LAST WEEKEND!!!

At a time when the Royal Family are doing their bit for the country ie Camilla becoming a volunteer for the NHS, The Queen sending messages of support to the nation and Boris loved ones, virtual school visits by William and Kate etc, Harry and Meghan do their bit...by announcing the name of their new money raising foundation. Jeez, can't THAT wait until the world is out of crisis? And Meghan, what are you thinking taking that poor baby into a big city on virus alert and lockdown instead of that safer island in Canada or an isolated country estate in the UK, and then moaning you can't get out to see your mother because of vital social distancing??? MP's are trying to get the Home Secretary to a committee hearing allegedly about the virus situation but everyone knows it'll be an excuse to quiz her about historical bullying allegations against her. FFS let the government deal with the bloody crisis and stop with these constant interrogations! 

To top off my day I got a political leaflet through the door today from a Labour MSP, slagging off Scottish government policies. I happen to agree with a lot of his points but is this really the moment to be having postpeople delivering political propoganda through our doors? The MSP in question is also holding his constituency surgery on Friday, despite the lockdown, and he is holding it at a local supermarket!!! Social distancing anyone???

10 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear that Boris Johnson is doing better. Fingers crossed he's out of the hospital soon! (And I freak out a little every time I start to cough, too.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I was relieved at the news that Boris was out of intensive care. I don't like seeing anyone sick with this horrible virus. And putting aside the human side of it, the thought of a leadership contest in this crisis is not something I wanted to think about.

      Delete
  2. I was feeling sick yesterday and getting nervous about it but then I woke up with such awful allergies and the pollen is very bad right now so I'll chalk it up to that.

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the worry might kill us before the virus does. I'm not being flippant by saying that. I feel as if the fear is eating me up right now and I'm struggling to cope some days. Others have it worse, especially those with sick relatives. Look after yourself Karen.

      Delete
  3. So sorry about the blogger friend unloading on you. I don't get the point of the negativity but that's all we seem to have now. If you don't agree with someone it's suddenly become so personal and no longer just a difference of opinion. I don't understand all the people wishing other people ill or hoping the virus proves fatal to someone we disagree with. I saw some of the pictures from William and Kate's virtual visits and thought they were so cute and the Queen's message was beautifully spot on. I don't get the Meghan/Harry move or basically anything they've done recently. I wanted to like her but she does seem to make it difficult.
    I'm so glad to hear your hand is better and hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest it's been a week to forget. I was surprised how upset I got with the whole Boris illness. I think the thought of losing the leader of our country made me even more fearful for my family and friends. I've been very low this week and it has taken a toll. I have been slightly cheered by the Royals doing their bit for morale. I'll be spending Easter with my dad and trying to heal myself a bit!

      Delete
  4. I don't like for things to turn political either. It kind of leaves me frustrated how political this health crisis has become. I want to hear from people who know the science, you know. Sorry you had to deal with someone's rant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's disappointing that the personal politics of people are more important to them than human lives. I also bet that some of the people who are outside clapping to support the NHS each Thursday night are heading out this weekend to flout the rules! I won't be dealing with any comments of that nature from now on-I'm changing stuff today!

      Delete
  5. Glad your hand is doing better! And that's great news about Boris Johnson too. It's so good amidst all the gloom to hear when people recover

    That parade of morons blows my mind. Those motorbikers?!? Good grief. I thought all the asshats were over here lol with their flouting the lockdown and some of our states barely even distancing! I shouldn't joke though, there are bad sorts all over I suppose! And I agree with you about the political stuff. I mean I feel pretty strongly about things but I wouldn't wish this virus on ANYONE.

    Your cheese sounds fabulous. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My cheese situation looks good for the next couple of months at least! Now that I have a delivery booked for a supermarket I can relax about my uncle having enough supplies as I can get stuff for both households and take bags over to him.

      It is amusing in a scary way to watch the Trump press conferences-the way he says something one day and u turns or denies he said it the next! The lockdown breakers don't seem to get that the more they flout it the longer it will last!

      Delete