Wednesday, 8 April 2020

Top Ten Tuesday-Spring TBR

Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.  http://www.thatartsyreadergirl.com/top-ten-tuesday/

NB: I don't follow or leave comments on blogs run by Google Plus, or DISQUS as I refuse to join something just to leave comments, and I won't allow them to follow new people, update my profile or post tweets 'on my behalf'. I won't comment on any blog that makes me sign in using another account. 

A bit out of sequence, this week I'm looking at the spring TBR. These are what I'd like to read but I'm not sure if I'llget any of them done!


1) Steve House-Beyond The Mountain
My uncle loves mountain climbing non fiction so if I can get this book read, I can pass it on to him as soon as I'm done. He's bored in isolation and needs books.

2) MR Carey-The Boy On The Bridge
I liked the first book but the blurb on this one is a bit vague and I sort of want to get it out the way if I might not like it.

3) JK Rowling-Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
I would like to get this re-read and a decent review done!

4) Martin Bell-A Very British Revolution
This book is about the MP expenses scandal in 2009, which made headlines in the UK for weeks. After I read this, it'll go in a bag for donation to my uncle's mens club when it re-opens.

5) Andrew Glencross-Why The UK Voted For Brexit
This 'book' turns out to be only 82 pages so that should be a quick look at the reasons why David Cameron didn't get the result he wanted.

6) Michael Kodas-High Crimes
Another mountain climbing book to read and send to my uncle!

7) Jon Athan-?
I don't know which one to read first! I have a shed load of his horror novellas and I really enjoy his writing, but I'm not sure which one to read next!

8) Griffin Smith-Annihilation
This is a 46 page introduction to an apocalypse series by an author I haven't tried. I love zombies and I'm hoping for a new series to enjoy!

9) TW Gallier-The Horde Rises
This is another serial zombie series by an author I haven't tried and I'm always looking to find new series to follow.

10) Kyla Stone-Chaos Rising
This is another new author I haven't tried and this is her prequel to the EMP series. It'll give me a chance to see what her writing is like.

16 comments:

  1. 5 - I'm not sure that 82 pages on that particular topic could be classed as a book... It feels more like a long essay being titled a book for want of a better word, lol. It'll be a quick read though, as you said.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes using the term 'book' somewhat loosely! I doubt there is anything new in it but I'll try and get it read.

      Delete
  2. I hope you enjoy them all! It’s been a few years since I did a Harry Potter reread. I always love rereading those books.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking about having a few days in my bed with the Prisoner of Azkaban audio cd and a pile of junk food to cheer myself up a bit!

      Delete
  3. Can't wait to hear if any of these are good. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I just need the motivation to get them read! I need to use this virus lockdown to get books read!

      Delete
  4. I admire you for re-reading rather long books. I hope HP holds up for you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to re-read Harry every year but not for the last few years! I really do want to get more reading done but it feels like hard going at the moment.

      Delete
  5. I haven't read Carey yet but one of these days...

    #5 lol.

    Annihilation sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked The Girl With All The Gifts but this one doesn't set the heather alight with the blurb. I hope it turns out to be a decent read. I'm DNFing a few this week already. Not sure if it's me or the books!

      Delete
  6. i hope you enjoy them all. each time i got a new harry potter book, i would go back and start at the beginning. it's been a long time now though i do watch the movies now and then on cable. i wonder if they would hold up so well after all this time
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know my brain is in a bad way when I struggle to even read Harry Potter! I'm going to try and get a few books dealt with over this weekend-at least, that's the plan! I do still enjoy the Harry Potter films.

      Delete
  7. I loved The Girl With All the Gifts but haven't read Boy on the Bridge yet. I don't know why actually. I hope you enjoy all of these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't felt inspired by the blurb for this book-it seems a bit vague and uninteresting, but hopefully it'll be good. I must get my reading back to normal as I have so much to get through.

      Delete
  8. Oh I am anxious to hear your thoughts on Boy on the Bridge. I'm very curious about that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very much in two minds over this one-that's why I need to make it a priority!

      Delete