I saw this posted by the lovely Karen over at http://www.fwiwreviews.net/ and I decided to join in. Why not join in too?
1) Last thing you googled
The opening hours for the chemist near my uncle's house so we know what time to collect his prescription for him.
2) Last book you read
The last book I finished was 'Aftershock' by Jules Mountain but I'm currently re-reading The Prisoner of Azkaban. I love that book and the film!
3) Last film you watched
This morning I watched Alfred Hitchcock's 'The Birds' for the first time in years. Imagine how scary a remake of this could be now with special effects!
4) Last thing you did before socially isolating
Did a small shop at the supermarket. That was before the queues and panic buying began, when we could still take a stroll round with the trolley and find everything we needed!
5) Couch potato or over achiever
I'm always a professional couch potato thank you very much! Even before the virus came, I was honing my veg out in front of the TV skills! During the day it is housework and blogging but at night it is relaxing with a book or watching TV! I don't feel the need to achieve anything...
6) Average number of hours you sleep at night
6-8 hours usually unless my insomnia pays a visit! Or restless leg. I bloody well hate that!!!
7) Last thing you ordered online
Snowdonia Black Bomber extra mature cheese! I love my cheese and this variety is really tasty-creamy, crumbly, brilliant on cheesy biscuits, especially with a cold beer while watching a favourite DVD box set. This new supply should see me through the summer. I also ordered a meat order at the same time-smoked tuna, salmon, smoked chicken breasts, smoked sausages. YUM! Oh and a new pair of slippers...
8) First thing you'll do when this is over
I fear that everyone will rush out to work, the shops, for leisure and another wave of virus will hit, so I'll be staying in lockdown for an extra three or four weeks until I'm sure things are returning to normal. I'm in no rush to go anywhere. There is a brilliant fish and chip shop down on the west cost that does great fritters, toasties and onion rings, and great ice cream. I look forward to a few trips there once it has quietened down after the initial rush. I will pig out soooo much!
9) Who would be your ideal quarantine companion
Dobby the house elf from Harry Potter. He can help me with the housework and cooking and go to the supermarket or shops for me! It'll leave me more time to watch TV, blog, read or lie in my bed every morning!
10) What are you most grateful for
That my entire family are for the moment virus free. If it stays that way I can put up with any amount of lockdown.

Thanks for joining in!!
ReplyDeleteI need to find a place to order cheese! In one of my searches I found that we have a cheese driving loop lol I'll be sure to check that out when this is all over but I need it delivered for now.
I'm not going out right away either. I can already see my local places getting busier and people getting lax about masks and distancing so no way am I going out with all rules lifted. I'll wait for another 3-4 weeks and see what happens.
*high five* to us couch potatoes!!
Karen @ For What It's Worth
I got mine through Amazon-lots of lovely Welsh and English cheese on offer! I couldn't bear lockdown without cheese and I feel I'm doing my bit to keep these companies going by ordering meat and cheese online. That's my excuse!
DeleteCouch potatoes rool!!!
Glad you and your family are still virus free! And I love when you do these posts. They're always so fun to read. The first thing I'm going to do when everything opens back up? Go to the library! And I think I could happily become a professional couch potato now, too. Have a good day! :D
ReplyDeleteI think a lot of people are missing their library. I have my own version of a library in my room so I'm doing ok there! I like staying in so I'm in no great hurry to leave my sanctuary!
DeleteAwesome tag! I think I'll do it as well. I agree, Dobby would be such a fun guest.
ReplyDeleteDobby would make my life a lot easier! He can stay forever if he wants!
DeleteAnd The Birds scared the heck out of me when I saw it for the first time when I was little - I don't know how I could handle a modern one now. :)
ReplyDeleteIt made me REALLY nervous of birds for a while! A new version would be horrific and give us nightmares. I'd still want to watch it though as I'm a bit twisted!
DeleteThe Birds scared the heck out of me, when I saw it as a kid. I was paranoid of all the birds outside for quite a while after that. I agree. I am also lucky, that no one I personally know has been affected by the virus. Now I want onion rings and ice cream. Yum! I will definitely be trying to get a haircut, when this is over. I never wear my hair this long. It's making me nuts.
ReplyDeleteYeah I was nervous especially of the bigger birds! We get lots of crows, seagulls, magpies and starlings in our area. I've been cutting my own hair for nearly two years and as I wear it in a ponytail, it looks ok! I REALLY want fajitas but I can't seem to catch them in stock at Asda. Grrr.
DeleteI remember watching The Birds as a kid and it really scared me! I hate restless leg syndrome. I am sitting here trying to remember the last time we did anything before all of this started and am drawing a blank. I think your plan to continue to stay home for a bit even when things open is a good one. I plan to do the same thing.
ReplyDeleteThe Birds had pretty good effects for the time it was filmed but it could be really scary now. I think most of us were nervous about birds after we first saw that film!
DeleteYes I'm in no rush to go out and join the masses again and now that we can access supermarket deliveries, I'm a lot happier to keep that going after lockdown ends.
I feel the same way about my family not having the virus and I hope they stay that way.
ReplyDeleteIt's ok having my dad with me so I know what is happening with him-it's what my uncle is getting up to that gives me grey hairs! Once Ken is home, that will be one worry off your mind. I hope it comes very soon. x
DeleteI don't think I ever watched The Birds... Not really my thing as I don't like the scares, lol.
ReplyDeleteOne of the things I want to do is just go to the shopping centre and walk around and grab food in the food court. I just want that little slice of normal that I usually take for granted and complain about... We'll probably be Christmas shopping again by the time that happens but I'm looking forward to it just the same. :)
A wander around our nearest shopping centre just to spend a bit of money sounds good. I think my dad is getting bored yet he never wants to take over the housework...funny that!
DeleteChristmas shoppers-now there's a pandemic spreading situation...
Fun tag! I definitely fall into the couch potato category! I've never watched the movie The Birds but the short story scared me to death. Creepiest thing I've ever read!
ReplyDeleteI can't remember if I ever read the short story for the Birds. I think I probably did. My favourite Hitchcock is Dial M For Murder. I love that film!
Delete