Friday, 10 April 2020

A Message From Chuckles


Firstly, happy Easter to all who celebrate it. Secondly, I hope all you chocaholics had the chance to get some Easter Eggs in for munching on. My plan tonight is my cheeseboard with chutney and a can of cold lager and lime. That will be followed by a nice Easter Egg of some sort. I'm thinking about listening to my audio cd of The Prisoner of Azkaban and snuggling beneath the duvet with my furry monkeys!

I have quit Twitter. I was sickened by the horrible comments about Boris Johnson this week and it just reminded me how toxic social media really is. The hopes that Boris would die, that his fiancee' would miscarry, that they deserve it for their policies-it just shows how sick and evil people are. Frankly I don't need that in my life anymore and I'm cutting it out as from today. I'm sorry to say goodbye to all my Twitter friends but I can't stay on there anymore.

I will be spending Easter with my dad, working on my scrapbook, watching DVDs and reading if I can. I'm not going to be posting on Chuckles Book Cave at the moment. I have caught up with the comments left on my blog before I go into my break. I'm not sure when I'll be posting again, as to be honest, I don't feel good mentally, emotionally and physically this week, and I'm not going to resume things until I feel up to it. I don't have the virus or anything but I just need to get away from stuff for a bit. Hopefully during this blog break, I'll still be posting comments on your blogs to keep up with your news and how you guys are getting on.

Stay safe everyone. 
Chuckles

26 comments:

  1. Have a very happy and hopeful Easter! And definitely take care of yourself. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes life just gets on top of you doesn't it. I think the stress of this pandemic has surprised a lot of us!

      Delete
  2. Stay safe Chuckles and enjoy your break. Twitter had slightly redeemed itself for me right after everything started going really crazy but it's gone back to the vile place it was and I've gotten away from that too. Take the time you need to take care of yourself and unwind. Your plan for tonight sounds like the perfect unwind plan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to decide what to do about Twitter. If I do reactivate, I must stay away from the general feed and only look at tweets from people I followI just wish all the tpossers would leave and let decent people post in peace!

      Delete
  3. People are so horrible! I'm glad you are taking some time for yourself as that is critical right now. I'll miss you but will catch you at The Farm. Take care and enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't get much productive done in the end! Doing bits and pieces of reading but nothing big. I hope everything is going ok at the Farm.

      Delete
  4. I'm sorry you had such problems with Twitter. I just block anyone who spouts things I don't like. My block list is huge. lol I hope you get to feeling better. I know right now with everything going on in the world, it can really get to you emotionally. But I hope a break will help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I think I'll be making more use of block and mute and trying to stay away from trends and hashtags! I think I'll stick to reading what my friends write. I really hope you are finding strength from your daughter at such a trying time.

      Delete
  5. WOW! People are absolutely insane... I have so many things muted on there so I can try to avoid stuff like that...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to have to do that as well if I want to keep my sanity...

      Delete
  6. Oh goodness, yes, Twitter is a cesspool of toxicity. I've gone on social media much less in the last few years because of this reason. Happy Easter to you too, have a great time with your dad!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must learn to stay away from stuff that stresses me out, especially during this pandemic! I think I need a new project-getting my hellhole of a bedroom sorted out for a start!!!

      Delete
  7. Look after yourself Chuckles! Enjoy the break.

    Twitter can be utterly vile. Most social media can. I've got pretty good at blocking out the stuff I don't want to see anymore and I avoid political twitter like the plague... It does nothing good for anyone.
    The stuff people were spouting about Boris was hideous. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the end my break was more stressful so I decided just to get back to my routine! Twitter is vile. I wish the trolls would be kicked off but that rarely seems to happen so I guess I better get around it!

      Delete
  8. i totally understand. i use social media for books and my blog, but don't spend a lot of time on other stuff. now i'm afraid to even check and see if i need to unfollow someone or, like you, quit altogether. take care, read some good books, watch some great movies and tv, snuggle with those who love you and have a great easter with your dad
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd think it isn't too much to ask to be able to chat to people with similar views without being abused by trolls! Twitter is useful for keeping updated on books and what my friends are doing but I must stay away from the crap that goes with it. Yes to good books, films, friends and family!

      Delete
  9. Happy Easter to you. Enjoy your movie, monkeys, and chocolate. Twitter can be, like all other social media platforms, pure poison. I have a lot of words filtered on mine and so many people muted, but I still , stuff that riles me gets through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I get stressed I cuddle one of my furry monkeys and settle either in my bed or on the sofa to watch TV! They are very soft and warm and soothing! Hmmm, filtering words could be useful...

      Delete
  10. I have Twitter but don't spend a lot of time on it. I find that I am happier to just focus on my blog, my books, and my family.

    I am glad that you are taking the break you need. It is so important to take care of yourself, especially during crazy times like this. Take as much time as you need and we will be here when you get back.

    I hope you have a wonderful Easter and enjoy your well-deserved break!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My blog is usually my happy place where I can interact with friends, share fun stuff and books and have a laugh. I need to recreate that on Twitter if I'm staying on it. The break wasn't relaxing but it gave me time to think and get my brain in better order!

      Delete
  11. Yes, people can be horrible. I don't spend much time on twitter anymore. It's hard to find something good to chat about there. Take care and be well! See you when you come back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Laura. I just don't get WHY people have to be so nasty all the time and ruin things for those who want a quiet life!

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. You too Greg! May you have over indulged in chocolate!

      Delete
  13. Breaks are always good. Take as long as you need and enjoy your shows and books & cheese! lol

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could use a month holiday to be honest but it isn't very practical to vanish offline for that long! I'm trying to get some decent reading done but it has been tough to knuckle down and do it!

      Delete