Books from the Backlog is a fun way to feature some of those neglected books sitting on your bookshelf. You might be surprised by some of the unread books hiding in your stacks. Go to Carole's blog and add your blog post link in to join in the fun! Hosted by Carole at https://carolesrandomlife.blogspot.co.uk/
This seems like a fun feature and I have been planning to take part since Carole launched this so at last, here we go! I have a TON of unread books to choose from in various genres and I'm looking forward to sharing some of them with everybody.
When Ellie and her friends return from a camping trip in the Australian bush, they find things hideously wrong — their families are gone. Gradually they begin to comprehend that their country has been invaded and everyone in their town has been taken prisoner. As the reality of the situation hits them, they must make a decision — run and hide, give themselves up and be with their families, or fight back.
I read and loved the first two books in this series but life got in the way of me getting the rest of the series read so I really want to finish the series and the spin-off books. I wish they had turned this into a TV series rather than just doing one film!


What a scary prospect!
ReplyDeleteBad things always happen when you go camping...!
DeleteSounds like you'll like this as well. It does sound like it could make a good TV show.
ReplyDeleteI gave the first two books 5 stars each so I'm looking forward to reading the rest of them!
DeleteWow, they came back to a shocker. Looks like you're in for an exciting ride when you get to this one.
ReplyDeleteNot exactly the homecoming you'd want! I really enjoyed the two that I read and must find time to catch up.
DeleteI was planning on doing this feature this year but with my move there's no time. I hope to once I get settled and by then every book will be a backlog book lol
ReplyDeleteKaren @ For What It's Worth
You must be very busy! There'll be time to catch up with blog things once you get settled. Good luck!
DeleteI never finish a series. It's a major flaw in my reading life.
ReplyDeleteThis year I'll be finishing lots of series that I've neglected for years!
DeleteI loved the first one of these books! But I never got around to reading the rest. For awhile my library didn't even have the rest of the series. And then I kind of forgot about them. It'd be interesting to see how they end. :)
ReplyDeleteIt was good wasn't it! I really want to find out what happens!
DeleteI am cheering for you to read this one, though I am guilty of leaving the final book in series unread (why do I do this?)
ReplyDeleteWith me it is a matter of just having too many books to deal with that I get behind on series! I intend to do a lot of catchup this year!
DeleteI rarely finish a series. Doesn't bother me too much, because I have so many books and more coming in, that I forget all about them...usually.
ReplyDeletesherry @ fundinmental
I'm determined to get a lot of series looked at and either finish them or get rid of them!
DeleteWhoa, this sounds excellent. And the fact you loved his other books puts this on my list!
ReplyDeleteI've read the first two in this series but not anything else by the author.
DeleteWhat a creepy premise! I can definitely see how it would make a fantastic TV series. Too bad it just got a film.
ReplyDeleteThe film was meant to be the first in a series based on each book but they pulled it because of poor cinema ratings yet barely bothered to market it outside Australia. I liked the film so I was disappointed!
DeleteGo on a trip and everything is different. Uggh that has to be scary. I can see why you like the series. I will have to pick this up myself.
ReplyDeleteMary
I really need to get back and finish this series!
DeleteI love the sound of this series, Chuckles! I hope you enjoy the rest of the series when you get the chance to read it!
ReplyDeleteI gave the first two books 5 stars so I have high hopes for the rest of the series!
Delete