Monday, 7 December 2015

New Year, New Blog!


As we start to countdown to the end of the year, I've been thinking hard about my blog and what I have on it. This year has been tough due to bouts of illness, fatigue, depression and a bit of lazyness at times and I hope things are better next year and that my blog gets updated more regularly! So I've been thinking about my aims and what features I plan to keep.

What's on Chuckle TV:
This will be back again but I hope to have more time to watch TV series and films than I had this year. Hopefully there will be more of these posts next year!

Reading with Chuckles:
I will continue to update what I've read in the last week along with updates on any reading challenges I'm doing and what the state is of my poor tbr!

Stacking the Shelves:
My favourite book meme will still be featured every week, showing off the books I have bought, won, borrowed or traded.

Book Reviews:
These are the bane of my life as I hate writing them! I am determined that next year I will clear the backlog of reviews from the last few years and then get the books reviewed as I read them. Well that's the plan anyway!

Travels with Chuckles:
I grabbed a new camera in the Amazon sales and I hope to be out and about more in Scotland to show off the scenery that my country has to offer. I hope to also show places that I've been to by uploading the photos to the computer.

Chuckles Rants:
These posts will be about the everyday things that drive you mental and make you want to tear your hair out. It is a good excuse to moan and complain! This will feature my grumpy frog, Alfie!

Cover Love:
I'll be bringing this back to show off beautiful book covers. I did this feature for a while but I lost time for it so will have to bring it back again.

Chats with Chuckles:
I hope to start doing discussion posts about all things books to get some interesting conversations going on the blog!

Chuckles Presents:
This will be where I highlight things that have been on the news, trending on social media, funny videos, anything of interest I want to share an opinion on.

I might also take part in another meme or two online. I found Top Ten Tuesday too time consuming and not all the topics suited me so I'll look at the memes others are hosting and maybe join in with a couple if I see something quick and interesting.

I also hope to get back into tour hosting this year if I manage my time a bit better. I felt too rushed and stressed this year to take part but I hope to do that and more author promotion next year.   I also plan to do more book recommendations on the blog. There are other ideas that I'm thinking about so other new stuff might be happening.

Hopefully the blog will be more interesting to visit next year!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great plan. I can't wait to see some of your features. Good luck and hope we both have a great 2016!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to make sure I'm more motivated and organised next year! This year was a bit chaotic on the blog!

      Delete
  2. I think you have been updating lots!! I just haven't felt like blogging at all this last few weeks.

    2016 looks very good and it is so exciting to plan it out!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blogging slumps are as annoying as reading slumps, and both can be hard to get out of!

      Delete