FRIDAY
I feel as if I'm eating pasta salad for Scotland! The last few days I've had bits of tuna pasta, prawn pasta, chicken and bacon pasta, cheese coleslaw, normal coleslaw, potato salad, melon, pineapple and grapefruit juice. It is a pain to take out all the bits of sweetcorn as I hate it-I find it slimy and bleah! WHY does every pre-prepared salad have to be full of bloody sweetcorn or peppers???
Tonight I got stuck into reading The Roo. While I liked the story and the death scenes well enough, I was getting fed up with the pointless swearing all through it. I'm no prude and I swear with the best of them but I found it distracting and annoying to have so much of it. Decent read but not one I'd keep to look at again. I do like the cover though.
SATURDAY
Had to get up early (6am) to unlock my bins and keep an eye on them to make sure nobody dumped their rubbish in them. I had to keep watch for hours as the binmen were slow to collect today. Wahey! The men came to get started on the back fence! As it was dry, they got the holes dug for the big support posts and cemented them in. They'll be back next Saturday/Sunday to get that fence finished if the weather holds out so fingers crossed. One of the guys is an electrician so he said he'll come up to fix our security lights during the week. That would be a relief as they haven't been working since last autumn and we've had junkies wandering into the garden to look for things to steal. We don't have anything for them to steal so if they want to risk breaking their necks in the mess of our garden in the pitch black, hell mend them!
On the bright side my beloved team drew another match, this time with Livingston so that puts us back to sixth in the table. Happy with that! I actually managed to read a horror novella by an author I like. I was up to my eyes in man eating plants, dinosaurs, sea monsters and a lost island setting. It was a fun read.
SUNDAY
Had a nice long lie until 10am this morning as no packages were due to arrive and I needed it after yesterday's early start. Lazed about doing a bit of blogging ahead for the week and watching a bit of sport on the TV. Need to be up early tomorrow as a package is due. I'm suddenly in the mood for memoirs of 80's pop stars so I can enjoy a bit of retro in my life and relive my youth!
I got another short novella read tonight, by the same author of last night's read. This was a cryptid book about government agents chasing a killer Sasquatch. I very much enjoyed reading this. I'm on a roll with three books in three days and it's a real joy to get back into some horror reading!
MONDAY
At 8am this morning the electrician arrived to sort the two security lights for us. It took him 2.5 hours to do and including the £40 cost for the light itself, we only got charged £90 in total for parts and labour. We just need to adjust the timers on it ourselves which is going to be a bit of a pain. It can take a while to set the beam to cover the right area and stay on long enough to see/scare off intruders but not enough to run up huge bills. And of course we need to do it in the dark to get it set right. We got the front light sorted for now but our ladders don't reach the back one so we'll need to borrow a ladder for that.
Today I got interested in reading articles about dumb answers in TV quiz shows and it was such a laugh that I'm constructing regular posts about it to give everyone else a much needed lockdown laugh. I hope to have part one up this week. I'm also working on a post about the dumb things Amazon recommend to you based on your purchases. That might take a few weeks to construct, depending on how soon I get enough stupid recommendations!
On the bright side I read all night! Yes I read a 100 page horror novella which was decent, then a prequel short story to a zombie series that was ok but nothing great, and I DNFed a hot mess of a short horror story. All will be on my Friday Reading Roundup post this week if I can get Blogger to let me do the graphics for it.

You got some rest and a few things done so good week overall :-)
ReplyDeleteKaren @ For What It's Worth
I've been reading like a mad thing all week and I'm so happy about it! It's the first great reading week since last summer!
DeleteI am so glad that you were able to get your lights fixed and that work has started on your fence!
ReplyDeleteThe tricky part with the lights is getting the buggers set to cover the right part of the garden and stay on the right time! That will be a work in progress!
DeleteAnxious to see what memoirs you get. I love reading 80s stuff. I read the Samantha Fox one a few years back and really enjoyed learning more about her. She is way smarter than I ever gave her credit for back in the day. I have the Leif Garrett one yet to read and just got an arc of the Andrew McCarty one.
ReplyDeleteGlad the fence is finally working out. It's taken you guys long enough. I wish when I had read Roo I had counted the "F" word. I'm kind of convinced that that word along made it into a novella from a short story. Hope you have a wonderful week!
I bought Elton John, Boy George, Jim Hutton (Freddie Mercury's boyfriend in his final years) and Pete Burns. They all sound like biographies that tell a warts and all story. I hate ones that cut out the bits that make them look bad ie Dannii Minogue. I prefer the honesty. I've read everything from Adam Ant to Katie Price, some good some crap but I do like that kind of thing sometimes!
DeleteIt's been a nightmare but the guys are back this weekend and I hope they get most of it done. One guy did more prep work today which was good. Ugh, you were right about Roo. It could've been better without the language!
Yay for the fence and the lights! Amazon is always recommending me absolutely bizarre things. Looking forward to your posts!
ReplyDeleteI need to get moving on a few of the posts. It's been a bit of a mad week!
Delete