Monday, 21 December 2020

Winter Blues #2

 

Hi everyone, Dave reporting from Mission Control!
Well, maybe that makes it sound too exciting but huge progress was being made in the DIY nightmare. My grandpa has cleared a ton of stuff and it's now a lot safer to venture in there to deliver the ironing without having a near fatal accident! But he has now decided to swap two more pieces of furniture over and my mum is in despair about it!!! The last thing we all need is more work to do this winter! She has made progress too-just two more bags of stuff to deal with and her nightmare is about over. After that, there are just a few storage units to look through and re-organize the cds and dvds inside them.
 
We would have had it done over the weekend except that on Friday morning, mum and grandpa both came down with a stomach bug. Mum was in bed all weekend but was cheered up on Saturday by a great edge-of-the-seat-of-our-pants win for our football team, coming from behind for a great 3-2 win. Go St Mirren!!! Mum did still enjoy watching the World Championship Darts on TV, which is a festive tradition in our house. We do love a game or ten of arrows! I wish it was an Olympic sport. Both are feeling a bit better today but it ruined the weekend of work we had planned. Mum even resorted to one of those powders you put into water to rehydrate yourself and this was how she reacted to the taste of it...
 
 
Seems it tastes just as bad as Night Nurse liquid and that is a very bad thing! I hate that oozy and disgusting slime that creeps back up the wee medicine cup even when you think you have finished the disgusting thing. Mum tried to give me that when I was sick last year and I responded by trying to bite her fingers off! But although it is just a typical virus, we are baffled as to how we caught it as mum has been confined to house for months and grandpa has been out to grab bread and milk ONCE this week, wearing a full mask in an empty shop and washing his hands three times coming home! The mind boggles...
 
Mum is trying to answer questions on a big book tag at the moment but the questions require a bit of thought and research so it could take a few days. Still no books read for Mum this month which is disappointing her and we worry that with Covid still doing the rounds, next year could prove to be more of the same. I hope not as there are lots of tasty looking books in the Book Cave that I really want Mum to read to me! No book buying until January but we could do with clearing the shelves a bit over this winter. I hope she gets a reading mood soon as I can't turn the pages on my own, having no limbs you see.

It's actually quite scary here at the moment. This new strain of Covid is in our region of Scotland just days after being identified in London and the south of England. They say it is 70% easier to catch but I've heard nothing about whether furry pumpkins are immune so I'm nervous despite mum saying I am immune-but I'm worried about my humans and their friends and families around the world. Please stay safe, wherever you are and whatever you're doing.  
 
Love from Dave and family. 
 

 

12 comments:

  1. Sorry you've been sick! Hope you're feeling better now. And it sounds like you're almost done with the reorganizing, etc. Hooray! Have a good week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm having to put the rest of the sorting on hold until next year but yes, not too much to be done, which is the good thing. I wish this virus would just vanish so I can get on with it!

      Delete
  2. Oh my that's not good! I hope you're all feeling better over there! That's exciting about the football win, and honestly? I've never watched darts but it sounds like a lot of fun.

    I've been hearing about this new strain and good grief- do we need MORE bad news? Anyway stay safe Dave!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm addicted to watching the darts competitions whenever time allows! It's off for a few days for Christmas but will be back on shortly. Ugh this virus is kicking my butt and I'm so craving a big cheese pizza!!!

      Dave: Thanks! I'm a safe kind of pumpkin!

      Delete
  3. Ughhh, stomach bugs are the worst! Glad you're doing better now.
    Hopefully a vaccine will make '21 a better year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we'll be luck y to get vaccinated by the summer and with these new strains on the loose, I'm certainly concerned. Maybe 2022 will have some kind of normal...!

      Delete
  4. The mind boggles, indeed! I'm always amazed that we're still managing to catch the odd bug here and there despite the masks and hand washing!
    Glad you're feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does make you wonder if any of it is going to stop Covid if these stomach bugs are getting in. There's a cheerful thought. The virus hit again on Christmas Eve so I feel like crap again!

      Delete
  5. Stomach bugs are terrible. The new corona virus strain is really scary. I am afraid that 2021 may look a whole lot like 2020 did. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dad and I are really worried about these new strains. My group of the population are not down to get the vaccine until April so I think it will actually be summer before I get it. I don't think that 2021 is looking too great right now, I must say!

      Delete
  6. Stomach bugs are terrible and so sorry to hear you've been feeling ill! We got hit by one about a month or so ago and were equally confused as we haven't come in contact with anyone in months!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nasty things aren't they. They have a way of putting your mood in a complete downer! The worst thing was missing our Christmas dinner and the chocolate!

      Delete