Friday, 4 December 2020

Chuckles Weekend Roundup

       Welcome to my feature Chuckles Weekend Roundup where I will be looking at what books I've received, anything interesting I've done or bought or watched and other random stuff. I'll be taking a look back at what happened in my blogging world too, sort of like The Sunday Post that some of you do! 
 
Please note that I'll be visiting your STS/SP as normal, but I don't follow or leave comments on blogs run by Google Plus, or DISQUS as I refuse to join something just to leave comments, and I won't allow DISQUS to follow new people, update my profile or post tweets 'on my behalf'. I am the only one who does that on my social media! I won't comment on any blog that makes me sign in using another account. Sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress-they try to block me because I deleted my account with them but I will persevere as it only happens the odd time!
 
It hasn't been a productive week on the blog or for reading...but it has been more productive for me dealing with what is left from my Big Tidy project! This week I've focused on painting and spraypainting an old bathroom storage unit-several coats over several days. It's done now and ready to put my medications, cold remedies, pens etc in tonight, which unpacks another bag of stuff. Last night I disposed of two small cardboard boxes and put away their contents. Slowly getting there but still a fair bit to sort through. I really want to be done with it by next weekend but that might be wishful thinking! We'll see how I get on. I'll be doing more tonight.
 
No reading happening at the moment which is a pain but I'm concentrating on getting the room sorted right now as that is priority. Reading has been a bit of a bust all year anyway and I'm thinking of doing themed fortnights next year to try and get myself reading a few more genres. This year has been pretty much non fiction and kids books plus a few re-reads and I need to get through some UF, horror, apocalypse and tudor fiction. That's the current plan but we'll see how next year goes! I'm not buying any more books until next year-I have a pre-ordered book coming in this weekend and a creature feature I ordered with it. No more book buys for Chuckles until January! ARGGHH!!!  

Chuckles Blogging World
I went through all the blog posts from last month and saw I'd missed a few comments that you guys left so I got those replied to. Sorry about that! I'm going into this weekend caught up and trying to get my weekend posts up sharpish this time. I want to do some special December posts this month, maybe a booktag or two if I see good ones...it all depends on how Twisted Blogger decides to be. The paragraph setting is back with a vengeance this week which has been a bit frustrating and I haven't had time to battle with it.
 
Book Reviews
none this week
 
Regular Posts
 
Around The Blogs With Chuckles

Top Ten Tuesday
 
Discussion Posts 
 
Winter Blues #1
 
Reading Challenges 
 
Tackling The TBR

Films & TV & Music
For some reason my brain has been continually singing Billy Joel's 'We Didn't Start The Fire' all week and I'm not even sure why as I haven't listened to it! I'm still catching up with Coronation Street 1992 episodes which has been fun. 
 
Book Tags/Blog Awards 
none this week
 
The Week Ahead 
More tidying up stuff *great* but headway is being made. We're also hoping to switch the furniture in my dad's room but that is much easier than it was in my room so should take half an hour at the most.
 
 

10 comments:

  1. Blogger’s been giving me a lot of problems recently too. I tried to put three graphics next to each other yesterday and almost caused the apocalypse. It kept deleting my graphics! I eventually got it to work, but things shouldn’t take this long.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've given up on my Friday Reading Roundup because of the three images in a line issue. I just feel it isn't any fun to blog at the moment as I wonder what issue I'll have next with Blogger.

      Delete
  2. I've been doing a little bit of clearing out too. I boxed up the things of Ken's that I wanted to keep and sent some of his clothes to Goodwill. I have a bag of nice long sleeve shirts to give to my brother the next time he comes down also. Hopefully you'll get all the stuff done that you want to get done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I well remember how depressing and upsetting it was to have to sort through my mum's stuff and my uncles stuff more recently. Clearing out my own stuff is more frustrating and time consuming but I'll get there eventually. I hope you are doing ok Mary.

      Delete
  3. I am sure that you are happy to see progress being made. I am trying to do a little at a time myself. Blogger has been driving me nuts lately too! I don't understand the need for change. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I get in this gloomy mood, I just want to delete the whole blog and have done with it! I'm tired of a hobby giving me all this grief when I have so much else to get on with!

      Delete
  4. Good luck getting things finished! I can't believe we're in December already but I'm ready for Christmas even though it's going to be a different one. I just want to curl up, with no work, and read! Reading would be nice... I also have a ton of chocolate waiting to be eaten. I'm contemplating a book buying ban period next year. I've gotten way out of hand this year so it's time to reign it in! Good luck with yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Book bans seem to have limited success with me. I'm ok on the 6 week ban until January as that is more about post issues but if I go too long I explode with a book binge! Good luck!

      Delete
  5. I've been humming random songs lately and I have no idea why lol

    It sounds like you got some things accomplished even if it wasn't reading.

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just want it all done but it could be a couple of weeks of hard work yet. We're doing my dad's room at the moment as well so both rooms are in chaos!

      Delete