Friday, 25 October 2019

Chuckles Weekend Roundup


Welcome to my feature Chuckles Weekend Roundup where I will be looking at what books I've received, anything interesting I've done or bought or watched and other random stuff. I'll be taking a look back at what happened in my blogging world too, sort of like The Sunday Post that some of you do! 

Please note that I'll be visiting your STS/SP as normal, but I don't follow or leave comments on blogs run by Google Plus, or DISQUS as I refuse to join something just to leave comments, and I won't allow DISQUS to follow new people, update my profile or post tweets 'on my behalf'. I am the only one who does that on my social media! I won't comment on any blog that makes me sign in using another account. Sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress-they try to block me because I deleted my account with them but I will persevere as it only happens the odd time!
****************
 Another week gone and the clocks are about to change this weekend. There is that winter bite to the air as I get my last supermarket shopping trips done with! The freezer is full of meat, fish and meals, my cupboards are nearly full and ready to go and I just stocked up on bottled water and essential winter medical stuff so I don't need to traipse out when I'm already feeling ill! Soon I will do my bear thing and go pretty much into hibernation until the festive season and sales are finished and sanity returns to shopping centres! I might do a post about Chuckles the Bear and what I'm getting up to!

This week I did get back into reading. Spooky Booky month has fallen a bit flat as I haven't been targeting the horror books that were on my initial list. Instead I'm going for the books I think I'm less likely to want to keep and those with questionable reviews or that are in less favoured genres. It's pretty much an attempt to clear the decks of books to give me space on my shelves. The more I can read, DNF and delete, the lower the TBR number by the end of the year. And that makes me happy!

DOWNLOADS
 
 
 
PAPERBACKS/HARDBACKS
 
 

Chuckles Blogging World
I'm working on a few things on the computer at the moment. I'm putting together a list of everything on my ereaders Maurice and Myrnin, noting the number of pages and comments from reviews about love triangles, pacing, poor characters and so on, to help me when I'm deciding what to read next. It's taking quite a while as I'm going through a lot of reviews for each book to get a good sense of what people liked or hated about it. I have deleted a few from my Goodreads list as I've went along if there are too many things I don't like the sound of. This task will continue next week too.
 
Book Reviews 
 
Gin Phillips-Fierce
 
Retro Rescued Reviews-Resident Evil Genesis

Regular Posts
 
Chuckles Friday Reading Roundup

Around The Blogs With Chuckles
 
Top Ten Tuesday
 
Books From The Backlog
 
Discussion Posts
 
Chuckles Chuntering

Book Challenges
 
Tackling The TBR
 
Films & TV 
In the afternoons this week, my dad and I watched Sasuke 28 and season 5 of American Ninja Warrior. At night I watched and enjoyed Spartan Ultimate Team Challenge seasons one and two and season one of The Titan Games. 
 
 Book Tags/Blog Awards
 
Halloween Creatures Book Tag

Currently Reading/Up Next
It's hard to choose in advance when you're mood reading! I'm finishing up with Relic which was more mystery than horror which was a bit disappointing. These might be the next planned reads.
 
 

16 comments:

  1. Surface Prey looks awesome and I really hope you enjoy The Hatching. And yes, you need to do a Chuckles the Bear post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chuckles The Bear post has been delivered as requested and it was fun to do! Surface Prey does look good doesn't it! Sadly I didn't enjoy The Hatching as I hated the characters!

      Delete
  2. This is my first cold winter in decades and I already feel the pull to hibernate lol

    Karen @ For What It's worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'll be a shock to the system to have winter again! Do the bear thing, it's fun! Of course work always get in the way of bear stuff...

      Delete
  3. I hate going out this time of year and doing shopping. But at least most of the stores are open 24/7 here in Las Vegas. I've been doing a lot of online shopping these days though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I detest all kinds of shopping so being able to avoid all supermarkets for 8 weeks is a joy! I find Amazon a good tool for reducing shopping trips too!

      Delete
  4. Goodreads is so handy for weeding out the ol' ereader -- though it's kind of discouraging when I look at how many books I actually bought but am probably not gonna read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dread to think how many books I deleted without reading but at least I got most free or cheap!

      Delete
  5. Gahhh! You just reminded me, that our clock change is soon. Seriously, why do we still do this? We have electricity now, can't we stop? The Monday after the time change is always tough for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm ok with the extra hour in bed but I hate losing that hour in March! The EU are getting rid of the clock change thing but with the UK leaving the EU, we'll still be doing clock changes.

      Delete
  6. It has been a nippy week!
    I love the clock change. I find it so easy to handle the return to GMT but HATE the switch to BST in the Spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been the same up here weather wise so I'm ready to hibernate now! I hate losing that extra hour in my bed in spring too!

      Delete
  7. I wish I could avoid the stores all winter. My husband drinks so much milk and I drink too much soda. We could store the soda but I don't think we could store the milk. I have that King book to read and I enjoyed The Hatching but it has a lot of points of view to keep track of. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah milk is the one thing I can't stockpile sadly. I love my milk! My dad and I are stocking the fizzy stuff over the next month to keep us going though. I didn't like the characters in The Hatching which was a shame.

      Delete
  8. Oh! I haven't even heard of The Long Walk!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was sure I'd read all the Bachman books King did but I don't recognise the blurb at all. I didn't get round to reading it though...maybe December!

      Delete