Thursday, 31 October 2019

Autumn Reading List

Welcome to my Autumn Reading List! I had great success with the Summer version so I hope that this list motivates me through towards the end of the year. The idea is to pick a big pile of books that I want to read as priority, scattered over various genres.  This time I'm focusing a lot on horror and SF as I have two big challenges for that coming up in October and November. I'm also trying to get a pile of series finished before the year ends, finishing up a few challenges and fitting in a few other genres for fun.

From September 1st to December 31st, I'll try to read as many of them as I can. I'm choosing 100 books for the three month reading period of autumn and for December to round off my reading year so I can start a new Winter Reading List in January! Anyone who wants to join in with this is welcome!

October 31st update...I was disappointed by the Spooky Booky Total this month and NONE made it past 3 stars. The Callahan apocalypse books were good but the rest were a letdown really. I did much better withall but the Alan Clark diaries being good reads.Only the Eli Constant zombie book was good in that category but I did get three more for the Alphabet Author Challenge. Two months to go and more effort required!

Spooky Booky Month!
1) John Skipp-Fright Night (read)
2) Paul Tremblay-The Cabin at the end of the World (DNF)
3) Peter Tremayne-The Morgow Rises (DNF)
4) Belinda Bauer-Snap (DNF)
5) Tim Lebbon-The Hunt (read) 
6) Jonah Buck-Carrion Scourge (DNF) 
7) Gin Phillips-Fierce (read)
8) Preston & Child-Relic (read)
9) Ezekiel Boone-The Hatching (DNF) 
10) Robert Boren-Horror Road (DNF)
11) Anthony Renfro-Nightlight Tales 2 (read)

Apocalypse Angst!
1) Mike Kraus-Final Dawn (DNF)
2) Mike Kraus-No Sanctuary (DNF)
3) Jack Hunt-Darkest Hour (DNF)
4) Jack Hunt-As We Fall (DNF)
5) Jack Hunt-Blackout (DNF)
6) John J Vance-Death (DNF)
7) JR Tate-Breakdown (read)
8) KW Callahan-Downfall (re-read) 
9) KW Callahan-Quest (read)
10) Jack Hunt-Phobia (read) 

Non Fiction
1) Chris Bonington-I Chose To Climb (read)
2) Chris Bonington-The Next Horizon (read)
3) Lyle Blackburn-The Beast Of Boggy Creek (read)
4) Alex MacCormick-Shark Attacks (read)
5) Alan Clark-Diaries 1972-1982 (read)
6) Jeffrey Archer-Hell (read) 
7) Jeffrey Archer-Purgatory (read) 

Zombies!
1) Eli Constant-Awakening (read)
2) Samie Sands-Lockdown (DNF)
3) Madeleine Roux-Sadie Walker Is Stranded (DNF) 
4) Keith RA DeCandido-Resident Evil Extinction (read)

Author Alphabet Challenge
U) Shaun Underhill-Survive (read)
Y) Michael Yowell-Sliggers (read)
Z) Joseph Zuko-Jim's First Day (read)

4 comments:

  1. There are a lot of DNFs here. Sorry to learn you've so many below par reads. Fingers crossed November will be better?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm ok with the DNFs as I did select some reads with tropes I was unsure about and mixed reviews. As long as I get them off the TBR I'm ok!

      Delete
  2. Dang! This is awesome! I'm sorry to see so many DNF's but also glad you didn't waste time on books you weren't enjoying! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DNFs are good for the TBR and I have been going for books with mixed reviews so I can get them dealt with quicker!

      Delete