Saturday, 12 October 2019

Chuckles Autumn Reading List (revamped version)

Welcome to my Autumn Reading List! I had great success with the Summer version so I hope that this list motivates me through towards the end of the year. The idea is to pick a big pile of books that I want to read as priority, scattered over various genres.  This time I'm focusing a lot on horror and SF as I have two big challenges for that coming up in October and November. I'm also trying to get a pile of series finished before the year ends, finishing up a few challenges and fitting in a few other genres for fun.

From September 1st to December 31st, I'll try to read as many of them as I can. I'm choosing 100 books for the three month reading period of autumn and for December to round off my reading year so I can start a new Winter Reading List in January! Anyone who wants to join in with this is welcome!

October 12th update-OK things have not gone great with this list over the six weeks of the challenge so far. I don't seem to be motivated to read and I seem to be not in the mood for a lot of what I had chosen so I'm re-doing the list. From now on the list will feature what I have read and DNFed in each genre and I'm switching 100% to mood reading!

Spooky Booky Month!
1) John Skipp-Fright Night (read)
2) Paul Tremblay-The Cabin at the end of the World (DNF)
3) Peter Tremayne-The Morgow Rises (DNF)
4) Belinda Bauer-Snap (DNF)
5) Tim Lebbon-The Hunt (read) 
6) Jonah Buck-Carrion Scourge (DNF)

Apocalypse Angst!
1) Mike Kraus-Final Dawn (DNF)
2) Mike Kraus-No Sanctuary (DNF)
3) Jack Hunt-Darkest Hour (DNF)
4) Jack Hunt-As We Fall (DNF)
5) Jack Hunt-Blackout (DNF)
6) John J Vance-Death (DNF)
7) JR Tate-Breakdown (read)

Non Fiction
1) Chris Bonington-I Chose To Climb (read)
2) Chris Bonington-The Next Horizon (read)
3) Lyle Blackburn-The Beast Of Boggy Creek (read)
4) Alex MacCormick-Shark Attacks (read)

Zombies!
1) Eli Constant-Awakening (read)
2) Samie Sands-Lockdown (DNF)
3) Madeleine Roux-Sadie Walker Is Stranded (DNF)4) Keith RA DeCandido-Resident Evil Extinction (read)

Author Alphabet Challenge
U) Shaun Underhill-Survive (read)
Y) Michael Yowell-Sliggers (read)
Z) Joseph Zuko-Jim's First Day (read)

4 comments:

  1. That's a lot of DNFs. Are you finding it harder to get into books because of your reading slump, or might it be an unlucky run of titles that's the cause? I hope you find your reading mojo again soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No it's just not liking the characters or the plot being too slow etc. I've been selecting books that have mixed reviews or ones that have things I don't like so Ican deal with them quickly and move on!

      Delete
  2. Nice list. And I'm curious about the non fiction ones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The non fiction books have been a success so far!

      Delete