Welcome to my feature Chuckles Weekend Roundup where I will be looking at what books I've received, anything interesting I've done or bought or watched and other random stuff. I'll be taking a look back at what happened in my blogging world too, sort of like The Sunday Post that some of you do!
Please note that I'll be visiting your STS/SP as normal, but I don't follow or leave comments on blogs run by Google Plus, or DISQUS as I refuse to join something just to leave comments, and I won't allow DISQUS to follow new people, update my profile or post tweets 'on my behalf'. I am the only one who does that on my social media! I won't comment on any blog that makes me sign in using another account. Sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress-they try to block me because I deleted my account with them but I will persevere as it only happens the odd time!
****************
Another Friday, another roundup! I'm in a pretty good mood today and had a much better week with decent sleep and no stress! I got back to some serious reading and deleted more from the TBR. I feel pretty motivated and that I think is down to switching from my set reading list back to mood reading. I don't seem to know what I'll be in the mood to read from book to book so it is a bit up in the air, but I'm happy to go with the flow right now. The important thing is reading something so it doesn't matter about the genre switching all the time! I did treat myself this week but not to books-I bought the dvds of the first three seasons of one of my favourite reality TV shows SAS Who Dares Wins! I should get that tomorrow.
I'm so pleased to finally defeat the backlog of book reviews that has been haunting me! For the first time since starting this blog, I am fully up to date and everything has been reviewed and posted-except the latest review as it is sitting on an unpublished Mini Reviews post and will stay there until I get a few others to keep it company! Hopefully that will be posted next week. Now I can concentrate on other tasks on the computer like re-doing the reviews that Goodreads ate/reviews I never did at the time (GROANS), sort out my Goodreads shelves (UGH), maybe re-format all my old blog posts (NOOOOO!) finally note down everything on my ereaders and get them on to Goodreads (GAH), and on my incomplete master list of what is on my ereaders get page numbers and notes of good and bad review comments so I know what people said about it. It helps me better choose which are priority reads. Don't these tasks sound like FUN!
PAPERBACKS/HARDBACKS
These three books were bought over the summer but I forgot to add them to my TBR!
Chuckles Blogging World
This week was all about getting caught up with the book review backlog and it is such a relief to finally get it up to date. It was a lot of work to catch up but now I can just review a book as soon as I read it and not worry about it!
Book Reviews
JR Tate-Breakdown
http://chucklesbookcave.blogspot.com/2019/10/book-review-breakdown-by-jr-tate.html
Tim Lebbon-The Hunt
http://chucklesbookcave.blogspot.com/2019/10/book-review-hunt-by-tim-lebbon.html
Keith RA DeCandido-Resident Evil Extinction
http://chucklesbookcave.blogspot.com/2019/10/book-review-resident-evil-extinction-by.html
Eli Constant-Awakening
http://chucklesbookcave.blogspot.com/2019/10/book-review-awakening-by-eli-constant.html
KW Callahan-Downfall (Systemic Series #1)
http://chucklesbookcave.blogspot.com/2019/10/book-review-downfall-by-kw-callahan.html
KW Callahan-Quest (Systemic Series #2)
http://chucklesbookcave.blogspot.com/2019/10/book-review-quest-by-kw-callahan.html
John Skipp-Fright Night
http://chucklesbookcave.blogspot.com/2019/10/book-review-fright-night-by-john-skipp.html
Chuckles Mini Reviews Catchup
http://chucklesbookcave.blogspot.com/2019/10/chuckles-mini-reviews-catchup_12.html
Regular Posts
Chuckles Friday Reading Roundup
http://chucklesbookcave.blogspot.com/2019/10/chuckles-friday-reading-roundup_11.html
Around The Blogs With Chuckles
http://chucklesbookcave.blogspot.com/2019/10/around-blogs-with-chuckles_12.html
Top Ten Tuesday
http://chucklesbookcave.blogspot.com/2019/10/top-ten-tuesday-things-that-freaked-me.html
Books From The Backlog
http://chucklesbookcave.blogspot.com/2019/10/books-from-backlog-dwellers.html
Discussion Posts
none this week
Book Challenges
Tackling The TBR
http://chucklesbookcave.blogspot.com/2019/10/tackling-tbr_15.html
Autumn Reading List
http://chucklesbookcave.blogspot.com/2019/10/chuckles-autumn-reading-list-revamped.html
Book Review Backlog Challenge
http://chucklesbookcave.blogspot.com/2019/10/book-review-backlog-challenge.html
Films & TV
In the mornings I'm watching reruns of Pimp My Ride and My Kitchen Rules South Africa. My dad and I are still watching a mixture of Sasuke (season 26 and 27) and American Ninja Warrior (season 4) in the afternoons for fun and relaxation. I've spent more time reading this week so only a bit of Doomsday Preppers this week!
Book Tags/Blog Awards
none this week
Currently Reading/Up Next
I've ploughed through a dreadful book which was the diary of an MP. I usually love these books but this guy is a self obsessed, vain, racist, obnoxious Nazi and I was getting really mad at him. I feel like I need to scrub my brain to get rid of the stench from it from just reading this! I'm doing my mood read thing at the moment so I have no idea what to pick up next.




I have two more reviews to write then I'm caught up! It's such a nice feeling. I've promised myself I'll go back to the "read a book, write review before reading next book" pattern I used to have... We'll see how long I manage it! lol Although, I AM pretty determined, so fingers crossed.
ReplyDeleteI hope you enjoy your dvd boxset. Have a good weekend chuckles!
Well done Nicci! It is hard work catching up when we fall behind on reviews isn't it! Hopefully we can both stick to this new plan of read and review straight away! Have a great weekend too!
DeleteI know it has to feel good to have those reviews caught up. Hope the other tasks don't get too overwhelming. I'm also glad you slept better and had a better week overall. It was a tad rough at The Farm this week. The holidays are bringing up Booker T issues. But Cass is proving to be a wonderful emotional support dog :)
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry that this has been such a hard time for you. My family always made a big fuss at Christmas with lots of presents and stuff but after my mum died it just felt kind of empty and we haven't bothered since so I can get how hard it is for you to get into Halloween this year. Booker T was your family, your furry child and each 'first' without him must hurt. Cass, give your mummy a big cuddle...
DeleteYay for being up to date on your reviews! That's awesome. :D
ReplyDeleteI'm trying not to feel smug and failing badly!
DeleteGlad you had a great week - both in life and reading!
ReplyDeleteI haven't been in the mood to read but I've caught up on reviews so it's fine.
Karen @ For What It's Worth
It's weird how reading moods come and go so quickly. I hate the spells when I'm struggling to read! Catching up on the reviews is productive so well done on that!
DeleteIt's good to treat yourself to something every once in a while.
ReplyDeleteThat's my excuse for sure! At least it wasn't more books for the pile!
DeleteCongrats on getting caught up on reviews! Honestly, if I had been in your shoes I'd probably have swept about a month's worth under the rug with a stock review something like "I read this. The End." :-)
ReplyDeleteBookstooge.wordpress.com
It was tempting sometimes! I moaned and complained about it plenty as I was ploughing through them! These kind of tasks seem to take ages but it feels great to complete one!
DeleteGood to hear you are sleeping better. That really does make such a difference. I am so jealous you are up to date with reviews. I am four in the hole right now. It's good you are switching to mood reading, if you find it works better for you. I kind of do a mix.
ReplyDeleteI was sleeping ok until last night when I had another encounter with a huge spider. It freaked me out so bad I was up sick all night which was just what I needed! I'm hoping the mood reading will help but I keep getting derailed by stress!
Deletecongratulations on being all caught up. i have did the major catchup, now i need to go through back emails and see what i have missed. if i knew when i began blogging what i know now....
ReplyDeletesherry @ fundinmental
I had no idea that blogging was such hard work until I got started! Now it seems to take up so much of my time but I don't want to give it up! Trying to find that balance is key but we all seem to struggle with it!
DeleteOooh, congrats on being caught up!
ReplyDeleteThanks Nikki, it feels pretty good!
DeleteI don't think that I have every been completely caught up with reviews! Good for you!
ReplyDeleteIt's certainly the first time for me! Now I need to maintain it!
Delete