This has been a much better week! I completed the second coat of the raspberry coloured fence in the back garden so my work on that is done. Yet again I was dive bombed by that big mad wasp/hornet thing as I worked. I had hoped that the cooler temperatures would have got rid of the bugger but no such luck! There is one section of that fence to do but it is right beside the garden shed where the huge spiders live so my dad is dealing with that bit! There's no way I'm risking those hairy horrors crawling anywhere near me! I just need a few days of decent weather to get the other fence two coats of varnish but there are storms coming in tomorrow so that needs to wait another week at least. If I can just get that done, the rest of the garden will be over to the garden guy we are hiring. I'm still hoping we can get it done before winter but time is running out!
My dad has met the new renters next door and he likes them! He said they are a quiet spoken, friendly and they told my dad they gave up clubbing and now prefer quiet nights in front of the TV. They picked our area because a friend said it was pretty quiet. No noisy kids and no cats! Yea! I was worried about cats crapping all over our garden but all they have are guinea pigs and rabbits which is fine with me! Despite moving their stuff in all week, they have hardly made a sound and at the moment, I'm feeling pretty positive about things. I'll be meeting the two of them at some point but my dad is certainly happy! Fingers crossed that things may be looking up on that side of things!
I've had a bit of a struggle with my reading but I'm determined to get through spooky booky month and get some books read! I've had a lot of DNFs recently but that does help to reduce the pile a bit so I'm not too concerned about that! My new plan is to go through Goodreads checking out reviews for all the books I own and haven't read to see if there are any I can just get rid of, and make a list of those I still plan to try but I'm not as excited about. I might change the Autumn Reading List to accomodate some of these meh-er sounding books so I can deal with them quicker and get them off the shelves before the year ends. I haven't quite decided on that yet. This winter I also intend to go through the physical shelves in my bedroom and have a mass clearout in January of books I won't read again and get some shelf space back!
Hope everyone is having a good week!

Glad to hear things picked up! I hope you do manage to get your fence finished... All we've had is rain for a week down here! :(
ReplyDeleteI like guinea pigs and rabbits... I'd definitely be asking my neighbour if I could give them a cuddle, although I also adore cats. (Mad cat lady here!)
It's cold and wet here right now! It was freezing last night! I am looking forward to getting a look at the bunny! I do hope they reinforce the hutch as we do get lots of foxes in these gardens.
DeleteI need to clear some shelf space too. It sounds like you may have hit then jackpot with the neighbors. Glad it all seems to be working out.
ReplyDeleteThey are certainly quiet! I expected a lot of noise this week but they've hardly raised a bang. They aren't blocking our driveway either which is a bonus!
DeleteNice to hear the outdoor work is almost done. I can't stand spiders! Yuck! And glad that the new neighbors appear to be quiet.I'm lucky that all of the houses in my area are set far apart:)
ReplyDeleteI'm not much of an outdoor kind of girl! I like looking at nice gardens and landscapes but I hate all the insects outside! I'm paranoid about the spiders right now. I stand guard at the door every time my dad goes out to the car or bin so none can sneak in! Our house is terraced so we have neighbour's houses joined on to both sides of our building! We do need non noisy neighbours!
DeleteThat's great about the new neighbors! Hope you get everything else done before the cold sets in.
ReplyDeleteMy reading is bleh. I just can't seem to focus on anything.
Karen @ For What It's Worth
We are sooo running out of time to get stuff done! Trying to get my dad to move on getting stuff done is like moving a giant tortoise with a toothpick!!! I hear you about the reading-I've lost my mojo a bit just when I need a strong finish to the year!
DeleteI'm glad your new neighbors sound nice! The house across the street from me is being renovated and then they'll probably rent it out. I'm not happy about it, but what can you do?
ReplyDeleteI hope you get decent new neighbours. There is nothing more stressful than worrying about who is moving in. I've been living that for the two years since our neighbour died. I'm so hoping that these people are as nice as they seem!
Deletesounds like things are going well. i am curious about the fence. will you be sharing pics?
ReplyDeletesherry @ fundinmental
Yes, I'll be putting up some pics as soon as I remember to take a few! Hopefully next week. Then I can take some 'before' photos! I just hope we get the work done soon! We're waiting on the builder now to get back to us.
DeleteYay rabbits! :D We're in a bit of a feud with our downstairs neighbour (we live in a maisonette) whose dog barks loudly and snarls at me whenever I leave the house, sigh.
ReplyDeleteOh lovely! That must be pretty scary every day. That owner needs to sort that dog out. I'm excited about seeing the bunny next door-more so than the new neighbours!
DeleteHurray for quiet neighbors! I am so glad to hear that. And if they've made a good impression on your dad, that's half the battle right there, right?
ReplyDeleteHave a great weekend.
Bookstooge.wordpress.com
They've been very quiet so far. The odd door slam or item dropped but you expect that. No loud voices or music or DIY at three in the morning so I'm happy!
DeleteGood luck with the fence. Sounds a bit challenging with all the insects. Quiet neighbors are always a plus, especially if they are in close proximity.
ReplyDeleteThat one wasp had brought me terror all year! I wish it would hurry up and die off so I get it done!
DeleteGlad the new neighbors seem nice and yay for no cats! I'm sorry to hear about all the DNFs you've had lately but glad you're not sticking with books you're not enjoying. Hope your reading picks up in the fall!
ReplyDeleteI'm happy to at least be reducing the pile even though the book standards have been up and down! I still have three weeks of Spooky Booky month to get a good pile read!
DeletePhew! Getting all the outside work done before winter can certainly be stressful! I'm glad you made some progress that you are happy with! :)
ReplyDeleteWe're not going to make it by the look of it-the builder has been too busy to get it started at the moment and I'm losing hope.
Delete