Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish
in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of
2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to
bring bookish friends together. http://www.thatartsyreadergirl.com/top-ten-tuesday/
NB: I don't follow or leave comments on blogs run by Google Plus, or DISQUS as I refuse to join something just to leave comments, and I won't allow them to follow new people, update my profile or post tweets 'on my behalf'. I won't comment on any blog that makes me sign in using another account.
This week, the topic is best books released in the last decade. I'm too tired and busy this week to go searching for answers so I'm doing something simple instead. Here are ten books I liked that made good films and TV series.
1) George RR Martin-A Song of Ice & Fire
2) JK Rowling-Harry Potter
3) Suzanne Collins-The Hunger Games
4) Michael Shaara-The Killer Angels (Gettysburg)
5) Mario Puzo-The Godfather
6) Stephen King-It
7) Michael Crichton-Jurassic Park
8) John Marsden-Tomorrow When The War Began
9) Dan Brown-The Da Vinci Code
10) Stephen King-Cycle of the Werewolf (Silver Bullet)
NB: I don't follow or leave comments on blogs run by Google Plus, or DISQUS as I refuse to join something just to leave comments, and I won't allow them to follow new people, update my profile or post tweets 'on my behalf'. I won't comment on any blog that makes me sign in using another account.
This week, the topic is best books released in the last decade. I'm too tired and busy this week to go searching for answers so I'm doing something simple instead. Here are ten books I liked that made good films and TV series.
1) George RR Martin-A Song of Ice & Fire
2) JK Rowling-Harry Potter
3) Suzanne Collins-The Hunger Games
4) Michael Shaara-The Killer Angels (Gettysburg)
5) Mario Puzo-The Godfather
6) Stephen King-It
7) Michael Crichton-Jurassic Park
8) John Marsden-Tomorrow When The War Began
9) Dan Brown-The Da Vinci Code
10) Stephen King-Cycle of the Werewolf (Silver Bullet)

I adored Silver Bullet and thought it was a good adaptation as well. I can't wait for the second part of IT. I know the new one makes the old one look cheesy but I like it as well, if nothing but for nostalgic reasons. Your list rocks!
ReplyDeleteI still haven't seen the new IT films! I'm struggling to find time to watch films at the moment but I need to do some of that this summer!
DeleteI was surprised by how much I liked the IT movie! Some of my family watched it with me awhile ago and now we're waiting for IT Chapter 2!
ReplyDeleteI still haven't seen it! I need to get some films watched this summer.
DeleteIT, HP, Jurassic Park were all good. I won't watch THG because seeing a movie of a book I loved ruins it for me. I can never see the characters the way I did when I was reading again.
ReplyDeleteKaren @ For What It's Worth
I've seen the first Hunger Games film and it was a good adaptation from the book. I always worry about adaptations as some can be terrible!
DeleteI thought Harry Potter translated well to film though I did wish they had kept more of the humor that was in the first book in the movie and I loved The Hunger Games as a film. I haven't seen the rest!
ReplyDeleteThere were so many funny bits with Fred and George that I'd love to have seen in the films plus the meltdown that Snape had when Sirius escapes him!
DeleteI was too tired to figure out this Top Ten theme, too. Besides, who can remember their favorite book from ten years ago?
ReplyDeleteI read 150-250 books a year and my memory is really bad! I do plan to do a few posts about the best books released in various years. It'll be a work in progress though!
DeleteThis is the type of thing I would have done. I don't have the publication dates handy so it would be work to figure it all out :-)
ReplyDeleteBookstooge.wordpress.coom
Time is just against me this week for a time consuming topic like that! I do plan to do a few posts in the future on the best books released each year but it might take a few weeks to put together!
DeleteI saw six of these films, but never read the books. I speak purely from a cinematic viewpoint, and can say, they were all great films.
ReplyDeleteI need to find time to get more films watched but it eats into my reading time!
DeleteGood list! I'd add Andy Weir's The Martian.
ReplyDeleteI haven't read the book or seen the film for that but both are on my radar.
DeleteI loved the new It. Can't wait for the second part.
ReplyDelete~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum
I still need to watch the first one!
Deletejust binge watched jurassic park
ReplyDeletesherry @ fundinmental
I really love those films! I love my dinosaurs!
DeleteThe Hunger Games were awesome movies. I really liked The Da Vinci Code too. Jurassic Park was okay, IT still gives me nightmares and the first Harry Potter movie was good but I hated almost all the others...
ReplyDeleteI was starting to think I was the only one who liked the Da Vinci Code!I still have to watch the new IT films but I'm sure I'll love them!
DeleteI loved Cycle Of The Werewolf. Still have the book from way back when. And I just watched The DaVinci Code and Angels & Demons again last week.
ReplyDeleteI love the graphics in the book. I really enjoyed seeing Silver Bullet and Gary Busey was so funny in it! I found Angels and Demons dragged a bit at times in the book but I really enjoyed the film.
Delete