Sorry for being a bit absent this week from the blog but the weather has been good and that means more manual labour in the garden! This week I varnished the garden gate while my dad got rid of the moss from the metal driveway gates ready to get that painted black. I'm not looking forward to that as there are all these wee annoying swirls and designs on the gates-pretty to look at but hellish to paint! We are also getting the weedkiller down on all the weeds but instead of using the specialist stuff which costs a fortune, the £1 bleach bottles from Aldi are doing a much better job! It is tiring and time consuming but we are slowly getting stuff done! In a few weeks time we'll be getting a delivery of plum slate to use beside the path and driveway so that should add another bit of colour.
I've been sitting in front of the TV most nights rewatching seasons one and two of Game of Thrones along with the extras on the discs which are fun. I love the lore read by the actual characters. Listening to Viserys and Robert give the two sides to Robert's Rebellion have been great! I'm doing bits and pieces of reading when time allows but not as much as I hoped. My targeted reading is getting rid of unwanted stuff so as long as the TBR is reducing I'm not bothered how it is happening. My dad has started reading A Song of Ice & Fire too. He's about 200 pages in so far and enjoying it. I've been staying away from the leaks about the final season but with one episode to go, some nasty buggers are putting the spoilers up on Twitter and I think I saw it the other day. I don't think I'll be happy with the ending if those spoilers are correct! You always get total tossers and muppets ruining it for everyone!

Yes, people are stupid! I am so nervous for Sunday's episode. I hope that I can live with the ending. Sounds like you are getting a lot done outside. We trimmed the holly tree out from last weekend (Which I affectionately call Cousin It). I need to kill some weeds this weekend too.
ReplyDeleteI used to call our rose bush Fang as it seemed to attack everyone who came down the path except our family! I don't think the postman liked it much but that was before I had the Internet so he didn't deliver too often! Cousin It is a good name for it!
DeleteWe're getting non stop rain this week. But we needed it so I'm trying to just go with it. It's been gorgeous so I can't complain too much.
ReplyDeleteKaren @ For What It's Worth
This week was a bit warmer than I like but it was bearable indoors thankfully!
DeleteSounds like you're getting stuff done. I'm sure you'll be happy when it's all finished.
ReplyDeleteIf we can finally get the house and garden done and relax this winter, I'll be pretty happy!
DeleteWow. You really are making progress with your tasks. I plan to buy the complete set of GOT when it is available. I like all the special extras too.
ReplyDeleteI'll be buying it the second it comes out! I still need to get the Blu Ray sets for S6 and S7.
DeleteUgh, I do NOT like spoilers! Hopefully what you saw wasn't actually a spoiler.
ReplyDeleteI'm really mad because I stayed away from all the links to the spoilers and then some idiot decides to ruin it for others! Other people on Twitter confirmed that this guy did reveal what was on the leaked spoiler page sadly.
DeleteSpoilers are sometimes photoshopped, so it can be hard to tell if it's real or not!
ReplyDeleteIt wasn't picture spoilers, it was a guy on Twitter saying what happens to every character and I think it is genuine.
DeleteUGH! Spoilers are the worst!!
ReplyDeleteIt was really annoying!
DeleteI avoided the internet until I'd watched the final episode Monday night... Although, I don't mind spoilers.
ReplyDelete