Sunday, 5 May 2019

Chuckles Cover Love #124-Radiant Reds!


If there is one thing that makes a great book even better, it is when it has a cover that we love! The cover design is what catches the eye as we browse through a bookstore shelf or check out the Amazon or Goodreads recommendations. The right cover makes me look closer at a book, to read the blurb and maybe make a purchase. A poor cover might mean I never look at the blurb at all.

NB: I don't follow or leave comments on blogs run by Google Plus, or DISQUS as I refuse to join something just to leave comments, and I won't allow them to follow new people, update my profile or post tweets 'on my behalf'. I won't comment on any blog that makes me sign in using another account.   

This Week! Covers I love with red on them.







14 comments:

  1. I love books that are red. I think my second favorite color for books is a mix of blue and green <3 I've haven't read any of these books yet, but I have heard of Red Rising and I've read some of Kelley Armstrong's other works so I might check those books out :) Thanks for the recommendations!

    Elle @ Keep on Reading

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red is a good bold colour for covers if used well! I hope you found a few books of interest in the pile!

      Delete
  2. Those are cool and a nice reminder that I've yet to read the Simone Pond book on my kindle...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only tried one of her series so far but I have at least another two on my ereader that I need to get to.

      Delete
  3. I've read that Charlaine Harris series. I like the red covers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed her Southern Vampire series but I never much liked True Blood when I watched it. I didn't like the portrayal of some of the characters like Jason and Tara and I got bored with all the sex.

      Delete
  4. Nice! And I enjoyed reading several of these along with loving the covers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Strange Practice's cover looks really intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The covers actually fooled me into thinking the book was Victorian setting rather than modern!

      Delete
  6. There's definitely a style of cover that always catches my eye. Strange Practice is the one here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's just something interesting and different about that cover which is why I like it!

      Delete
  7. This is a great color scheme. I have a lot of these on my list to read. I think my favorite color you have done has been the purple. =)

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like seeing any vivid colour on a cover with nice art work. Purple is a big favourite!

      Delete