It has been another pretty busy week at the Book Cave but I have managed to be a bit more organised than last week. I had another dentist appointment and I'm delighted to report that two out of my three front teeth have now been fixed so I'm less likely to frighten children now! Hopefully my next appointment in a month's time will fix the third front tooth and I'll feel able to start smiling in public again! My dentist is happy with the way things are going and I'm pleased that I'm continuing to face my fears and get these teeth fixed at last. I'm also pleased that this work in the garden has led to me losing an inch or two from the fat parts!
Things are busy around the house with us gutting the place to discover what goes straight to the rubbish dump and what we can donate to the charity shop. It amazes me how much stuff can be hidden away in cupboards and corners that we just don't need to keep. It's good to see it leaving the house and gradually things are getting tidied. My dad hopes to get the gate painted next week if the weather is good and plans to do that himself. I'm on a different and not much fun duty!
My task is, I'm trying to get a pile of newspapers dealt with. For those who don't know, since 1994 I have been doing scrapbooks of all the big events in news, pop culture and sport. It means going through every newspaper to rip out articles of interest and storing them, and at a later date fitting all the news and cartoons and stuff into the scrapbooks-it's like a giant jigsaw puzzle trying to get everything to fit and look nice and the whole process is time consuming. I let it slide for a while (a year!!!) so now I have a huge pile of papers to check through and get to the dump! Once I get them all cut I then get back to sticking the stuff in the scrapbooks. It can take weeks to get each month stuck into the scrapbook and is it a really frustrating task. The last thing I stuck into my scrapbook was the opening ceremony of the 2012 London Olympics! Hey, only seven years behind!!! *groans*
I finished my rewatch of Game of Thrones season two and I am fitting in some reading, which is always good. I also managed to get a few book reviews written so I have now reviewed everything I read in January, February and March, which I'm really happy with and done a few Game of Thrones related posts this week too. I did treat myself to a few books this week just as a little pat on the back treat for Chuckles for a fully productive week!
What are you guys up to at the moment? Anything fun or productive?

You have accomplished so much! My internet was down for a week. They came and fixed it and it went down again the next day. They fixed it again and now it seems to be okay. I spent the down time working in the yard and reading. So much to catch up on now that the internet is fixed. I am sorting photos and finally getting them into albums so I can relate about your scrapbooking.
ReplyDeleteIt is so annoying when the internet goes down and you are just wanting to get on with the blog and reviews and things! So many small tasks need doing but they just take so long!
DeleteSo glad your dentistry work is going so well! And good luck catching up on your scrapbooks. :)
ReplyDeleteI'm so relieved that the dental work is progressing well. I hope to have it all done by the end of the summer!
DeleteI feel like the only person on the planet, who did NOT watch GoT. I was just never interested. That's really awesome that you make scrapbooks of big world events. Good luck with that, because it's a great project.
ReplyDeleteI'm not big on fantasy epics myself but I found it was more like political intrigue with war and a few fantasy elements, rather than straight out fantasy. I think that's why I enjoyed it so much-the human relationships and betrayals!
DeleteOMG, I think I'd cry at having to go through 7 years to catch up with the scrap booking! That said, I like your idea of keeping a log of big events like that. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteI do want to cry when I think about it! It will take so long to catch up with it all but the sooner I get started the sooner I finish I guess! I'll need good luck!
Delete