Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish
in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of
2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to
bring bookish friends together. http://www.thatartsyreadergirl.com/top-ten-tuesday/
NB: I don't follow or leave comments on blogs run by Google Plus, or DISQUS as I refuse to join something just to leave comments, and I won't allow them to follow new people, update my profile or post tweets 'on my behalf'. I won't comment on any blog that makes me sign in using another account.
These are some of my recent TBR Additions. I haven't actually bought many books this year so far so there aren't many to share!
1) Sarah Lyons Fleming-Mordacious
Carole at https://carolesrandomlife.blogspot.com/ is always talking about this author and her zombie books. I have the first book in both series now and look forward to trying her work.
2) Christopher Artinian-Rise of the Rams
I can never resist trying a new-to-me zombie series and the cover for this one was like a graphic novel and really caught my eye!
3) Lisa Jewell-Watching You
I like the plots that this author comes up with so I picked up two of her books recently. This sounds intriguing and I'm looking forward to trying a new author.
4) Saul Tanpepper-Gameland omnibus season 2
I started off the year finishing Gameland, a huge omnibus zombie novel-then I discovered a second omnibus so I just had to get it to complete the story.
5) Genevieve Taylor-Masterchef Street Food of the World
I love Masterchef and on the US, NZ and Canada versions I love the street food challenges from different countries and I wanted to try some recipes for myself!
6) Martha Wells-The Murderbot Diaries
I read these on e-book last year and decided to treat myself to the hardback set just for fun. They arrived in the last week and I need to introduce my dad to them!
7) Robert Boren-Bug Out California #13
I loved the original Bug Out series. This is the second spin-off series so I just had to grab the latest installment this month!
8) Terry Tyler-Tipping Point
I'm always a sucker for apocalypse reads and this one was on my wishlist for a while. I got this on Kindle for 99p on January 18th.
9) Anthony J Melchiorri-The Tide omnibus
The Tide has been on my tbr for over a year but when I saw the first four books in an omnibus for 99p it was a no-brainer to grab it!
10) Stan C Smith-Diffusion
The story sounds interesting but I was in two minds about whether it would suit me-however when I saw the book free I just had to grab it.
NB: I don't follow or leave comments on blogs run by Google Plus, or DISQUS as I refuse to join something just to leave comments, and I won't allow them to follow new people, update my profile or post tweets 'on my behalf'. I won't comment on any blog that makes me sign in using another account.
These are some of my recent TBR Additions. I haven't actually bought many books this year so far so there aren't many to share!
1) Sarah Lyons Fleming-Mordacious
Carole at https://carolesrandomlife.blogspot.com/ is always talking about this author and her zombie books. I have the first book in both series now and look forward to trying her work.
2) Christopher Artinian-Rise of the Rams
I can never resist trying a new-to-me zombie series and the cover for this one was like a graphic novel and really caught my eye!
3) Lisa Jewell-Watching You
I like the plots that this author comes up with so I picked up two of her books recently. This sounds intriguing and I'm looking forward to trying a new author.
4) Saul Tanpepper-Gameland omnibus season 2
I started off the year finishing Gameland, a huge omnibus zombie novel-then I discovered a second omnibus so I just had to get it to complete the story.
5) Genevieve Taylor-Masterchef Street Food of the World
I love Masterchef and on the US, NZ and Canada versions I love the street food challenges from different countries and I wanted to try some recipes for myself!
6) Martha Wells-The Murderbot Diaries
I read these on e-book last year and decided to treat myself to the hardback set just for fun. They arrived in the last week and I need to introduce my dad to them!
7) Robert Boren-Bug Out California #13
I loved the original Bug Out series. This is the second spin-off series so I just had to grab the latest installment this month!
8) Terry Tyler-Tipping Point
I'm always a sucker for apocalypse reads and this one was on my wishlist for a while. I got this on Kindle for 99p on January 18th.
9) Anthony J Melchiorri-The Tide omnibus
The Tide has been on my tbr for over a year but when I saw the first four books in an omnibus for 99p it was a no-brainer to grab it!
10) Stan C Smith-Diffusion
The story sounds interesting but I was in two minds about whether it would suit me-however when I saw the book free I just had to grab it.

I've heard only great things about Murderbot. I really need to read those because I think I would like that bot's attitude.
ReplyDeleteI can identify with Murderbot! I hate being in big crowds of people and having to interact with strangers, and I get a lot of anxiety about things! I also prefer watching shows I enjoy!
DeleteYum, street food. I hope you enjoy all these!
ReplyDeleteAj @ Read All The Things!
A lot of the recipes look so good! As soon as I get my kitchen finished, I'll start trying the simple ones!
DeleteThat "Bug Out" series caught my eye, though I try to avoid reading a lot of prepper lit. It's fun, but..grim, sometimes.
ReplyDeleteI think I must enjoy the excitement of disaster in prepper books! If you were to read Bug Out, it might be best to start with the original Bug Out series just in case there are overlaps or spoilers!
DeleteThe Murderbot Diaries sounds awesome! I haven't heard of any of these, but I always look forward to yours, I get a lot of book ideas from you lol.
ReplyDeleteHere's our TTT: http://jennreneeread.blogspot.com/2019/01/top-ten-tuesday-and-most-recent.html
I think a lot of SF fans will enjoy Murderbot! I'm a fan of SF films but don't read a lot of the books so I'm surprised I loved these books. I think I might be dipping my toe into more SF this year!
DeleteThe Murderbot Diaries are books I really want to read this year. :)
ReplyDeleteI hope you enjoy them as much as I did!
DeleteI'd like to read the Lisa Jewell too! I listened to one of her books last year and really enjoyed it and really want to read more. She definitely does some twisty plots.
ReplyDeleteHer books sound like they have interesting plots. I don't read a lot of thrillers but I do like the sound of a few of hers.
DeleteThe Lisa Jewell one is cropping up in a few lists! I hope you enjoy it when you get it. :)
ReplyDeleteI already have it-this is my latest additions to tbr list!
DeleteLisa Jewel's book has been popping up all day. I really need to read something by her.
ReplyDeleteI have a shelf of thrillers I bought last year sitting in my room that I need to get to plus these digital books!
DeleteI have tons of recent additions...this coming post on the 31st is going to be a hot mess for me!!
ReplyDeleteOh no Sarah! Part of me is gutted for you but the other part is excited at the thought of book hauls!
DeleteI see Lisa Jewell's books get featured a lot on the blogs I frequent, and I admit it does make me kind of curious to check out her work.
ReplyDelete~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum
I picked a book of hers up cheap on Amazon during the sales as I liked the sound of it. Her plots do sound interesting!
DeleteWatching You sounds like a really great read.
ReplyDeleteIt caught my eye as soon as I heard about it!
DeleteI am so excited that you are going to be trying Sarah Lyons Fleming soon! I do want to read more from Lisa Jewell and Murderbot is always a good choice.
ReplyDeleteI'm not so sure about 'soon' as I have such a huge backlog but I'll get there at some point!
DeleteI only have the first Murderbot novella in physical form the rest are on Kindle. I really should have all four.
ReplyDeleteI love my little hardback set! It is more than I like to pay for books but it was a treat to myself!
DeleteLisa Jewell is on so many book lists recently, I think I need to add her to my TBR.
ReplyDeleteI'm seeing her books everywhere right now!
DeleteI just got Watching You and can't wait to dig in. I have so many that I want to read - I wish I never had to sleep. I could read all the time than. Well, things will be different when I am out of school. Hope you are having a good week.
ReplyDeleteMary
I've always fancied the idea of being a vampire-no need to sleep or work and lots of time and money to spend on books!
Deleteoh I Can't wait to hear what you dad thought of The Murderbot Diaries. I know that's a very dear series to you. Have you dad ever written a post on your blog?
ReplyDeleteMy dad has similar taste in books to me so I think he'll love Murderbot! My dad is not a computer person so he's not online at all.
DeleteI'm with you Chuckles. I've thought of being a vamp too...just think of the possibilities. :-)
ReplyDeletesherry @ fundinmental
The blood drinking is the down side as I love cheese too much! I like the immortal and not having to sleep parts though!
DeleteI'm reading Diffusion now and plan to get started on the Murderbot series real soon. Thanks for sharing these others. A few look good for me.
ReplyDeleteI really hope you like Murderbot when you read it!
Delete