Monday, 7 January 2019

Reading Challenges Update 1


The idea is to read books with a royal theme ie Kings, Princesses, Queens, Dukes, Knights, Castles, Kingdoms, Quests etc. This challenge is hosted by Adriana Garcia over at https://shesgotbooksonhermind.blogspot.com/ .

1) David Baldwin-Henry's Last Love
2) Shrabani Basu-Victoria and Abdul
3) Jane Bingham-The Tudors
4) Lady Colin Campbell-The Royal Marriages (read-4 star)
5) Lady Colin Campbell-Diana in Private
6) Sharon Kay Penman-The Queen's Man
7) Dinah Lampitt-Pour The Dark Wine
8) E Knight-My Lady Viper
9) Elizabeth Fremantle-Sisters of Treason
10) Katherine Longshore-Tarnish
11) Laurien Gardner-Plain Jane
12) Margaret Campbell Barnes-My Lady of Cleves
13) Diane Haeger-The Queen's Mistake
14) Judith Arnopp-Intractable Heart
15) Kate Emerson-The Pleasure Palace


WORLD READS
1) Lee Murray-Into the Mist (New Zealand)
2) Lee Murray-Into The Sounds (New Zealand)

ROYAL CHALLENGE/NON FICTION
1) Lady Colin Campbell-The Royal Marriages (read-4 star)

SERIES CATCHUP
1) Joelle Charbonneau-The Testing (re-read-5 star)
2) Joelle Charbonneau-Independent Study (read-4 star)
3) Joelle Charbonneau-Graduation Day (read-4 star)
4) George RR Martin-A Dance With Dragons pt 2 (read-5 star)

PAPERBACK PURGE
1) A American-Going Home (The Survivalist #1)
2) CJ Tudor-The Chalk Man
3) Annie Berdel-Alpha Farm (Prepper Chick #1)

EBOOK ELIMINATOR
1) Bobby Akart-Axis of Evil (Lone Star #1) (DNF)
2) Bobby Akart-36 Hours (Blackout #1) (DNS)
3) Bobby Akart-The Loyal Nine (Boston Brahmin #1) (DNF)
4) WR Benton-Premonition of Death (Fall of America #1)
5) Saul Tanpepper-Gameland (read-3 star) 
6) Diana E Anderson-The Farm


I'm intending to catch up on quite a few series this year, starting with a few of the shorter series that have been lurking on my shelves for a while! If I can clear them it will help in the battle to reduce the never-ending tbr! 

 SERIES TO BE FULLY READ

1) DD BARANT-BLOODHOUND FILES
1-Dying Bites
2-Death Blows
3-Killing Rocks
4-Better Off Undead
5-Back From The Undead
6-Undead To The World

2) JAYE WELLS-SABINA KANE 
1-Red Headed Stepchild
2-The Mage In Black
3-Green Eyed Demon
4-Silver Tongued Devil
5-Blue Blooded Vamp
 -Violet Tendencies #2.5 
 -Rusted Veins #5.5

3) MLN HANOVER-BLACK SUN'S DAUGHTER 
1-Unclean Spirits
2-Darker Angels
3-Vicious Grace
4-Killing Rites
5-Graveyard Child 

4) CHRISTINA HENRY-BLACK WINGS
1-Black Wings
2-Black Night
3-Black Howl
4-Black Lament
5-Black City
6-Black Heart
7-Black Spring 

5) KELLY MEDING-DREG CITY 
1-Three Days to Dead
2-As Lie the Dead
3-Another Kind of Dead
4-Wrong Side of Dead
5-Requiem For the Dead
6-The Night Before Dead 

6) JOELLE CHARBONNEAU-THE TESTING 
1-The Testing (re-read-5 star)
2-Independent Study (read-4 star)
3-Graduation Day (read-4 star)




A) A Dance With Dragons
B)
C)
D)
E)
F)
G) Gameland
H)
I) Independent Study
J)
K)
L)
M)
N)
O)
P)
Q)
R) The Royal Marriages
S)
T) The Testing
U)
V)
W)
X)
Y)
Z)




Welcome to my ebook challenge! This year I plan to get as many books off the ereader and the tbr and free up space for other things. 

1) Bobby Akart-Axis of Evil (Lone Star #1) (DNF)
2) Bobby Akart-36 Hours (Blackout #1) (DNS)
3) Bobby Akart-The Loyal Nine (Boston Brahmin #1) (DNF)
4) WR Benton-Premonition of Death (Fall of America #1)
5) Lee Murray-Into The Mist
6) Lee Murray-Into The Sounds
7) Donna Galanti-Joshua & The Lightning Road
8) Jeff VanderMeer-Annihilation
9) Meg Collett-Fear University
10) Alex Hughes-Clean
11) Adam J Wright-Lost Soul
12) Norman Christof-Destination Lost
13) Seth Skorkowsky-Damoren
14) Simone Pond-Exodus of Magic
15) Steve McHugh-Crimes Against Magic
16) Suzanne Lazerar-The Secret Life of Rock Stars
17) Michael F Haspil-Graveyard Shift
18) Lisa Blackwood-Betrayal's Price
19) Bobby Adair-Ebola K
20) Ania Ahlborn-The Shuddering
21) Saul Tanpepper-Gameland (read-3 star)
22) Hunter Shea-The Devil's Fingers

14 comments:

  1. I love how you have everything all planned out. I'm so envious. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to make progress on most of the challenges. I'm still trying to decide whether to go with first or last names for authors so I'll revisit that challenge at the end of the month.

      Delete
  2. Ts the time to nail down the challenges. I have the usual ones and plan to maybe add another. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The plan is certainly to pick a few for each challenge so I can make gradual progress on each one. It seems to be working ok at the moment!

      Delete
  3. oh wow this is ambitious but if there is someone that can succeed with all these challenges is you Chuckles! I know I don;t have to say it but... good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I generally read between 150 and 250 books a year so these are all modest challenges covering less than 100 books so plenty room for mood reading each month.

      Delete
  4. That Royal Reading Challenge sounds like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good excuse to tackle some non fiction and move them on!

      Delete
  5. I'm going to flag this email to help motivate me to get my challenges in order.
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't updated a couple as I haven't done any books for those challenges yet but putting them all together on one post saves me a lot of space y'know? Better than having a pile of seperate posts!

      Delete
  6. Oh wow, you've already got so many on these lists! I need to get more reading time allocated!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm determined to get a pile read this year! I'm doing well so far. After I finish this book I'm on, I have five more 'musts' to read and then I can mood read!

      Delete
  7. I have literally one read on book so far and it's already the 14th. I just don't have time to read right now. I am to concentrated on Chemistry right now - I am already pulling my hair out from it. =)

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The thing is you have school to worry about so that gives you less time to get stuff done so don't beat yourself up about it! Ugh Chemistry! It wasn't a favourite at school-balancing equations and molarity were horrible!

      Delete