Tuesday, 1 January 2019

Paperback Purge 2019


This year, I really need to get a pile of paperbacks off the tbr and bookshelf, and out to the charity shops! Every month I'll be trying to tackle a few that I'm not sure I'm going to like based on gut feelings, reading tastes or Goodreads reviews. On this list I'll indicate what I managed to read, what was DNFed and if any of them are keepers! I'll be adding to the list through the year and the challenge will end in December.

1) A American-Going Home (The Survivalist #1)
2) Annie Berdel-Alpha Farm (Prepper Chick #1)
3) Justin Somper-Allies & Assassins (Allies & Assassins #1)
4) Michael J Sullivan-The Crown Tower (Riyria Chronicles #1)
5) Candace Robinson-Quinsey Wolfe's Glass Vault (Glass Vault #1)
6) Candace Robinson-The Bride of Glass (Glass Vault #2)
7) Conn Iggulden-Darien (Empire of Salt #1)
8) RL King-Stone And A Hard Place
9) Stephen King-Revival
10) Joseph Nassise-Eyes To See
11) Joseph Nassise-By the Blood of Heroes
12) Boyd Craven-Breaking Point
13) Mary Kubika-Every Last Lie
14) CJ Tudor-The Chalk Man
15) DB Thorne-Troll
16) Seth C Adams-If You Go Down to the Woods
17) Belinda Bauer-Snap
18) Terry Brooks-Running With The Demon
19) Thomas E Sniegoski-The Demonists

8 comments:

  1. I love this!! I'm doing the same with my TBR stacks that were gifted to me or that I snagged from second hand shops. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll need it, thanks Erica! Hopefully we can both reduce the pile! I got most of these in sales and charity shops!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a great idea. I see the dreaded Chalk Man here. I really enjoyed Revival though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I'd actually put The Chalk Man on my January reads but I see I haven't! Darn it! I do plan to get to it this month though and see how I get on with it! I don't have high hopes for Revival and other King ones I got as freebies but if I can deal with them quick, they're off the tbr one way or another!

      Delete
  3. I do this a couple of times a year, usually. This last year I got them in boxes but never took them to donate. Now I need to add more and I will get it done. It's so hard to let my babies go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm already filling my third bag for the charity shop which we'll go to in the next two weeks! The more I can get rid of the better! I need to be harsher this year and start letting go of books I enjoyed but won't find time to read again.

      Delete
  4. That's a great goal/challenge. I have some books I need to read and then give away, too. Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pray for DNFs! I need a reduction in the pile!

      Delete