It's the first month of the year, the darts are finishing soon and it'll be back to a full reading schedule for Chuckles! Now it is time to share my plans for the month ahead on the reading side of things.
The plan is to stop going overboard with lists of 30 books a month which is unrealistic. Instead I'll pick a few related to various challenges that I'm doing and books I just feel like reading. No stress, no huge targets but something to motivate me. After I read these books I can add on anything else I get to at a later date!
WORLD READS
1) Lee Murray-Into the Mist (New Zealand)
2) Lee Murray-Into The Sounds (New Zealand)
ROYAL CHALLENGE/NON FICTION
1) Lady Colin Campbell-The Royal Marriages
SERIES CATCHUP
1) Joelle Charbonneau-The Testing
2) Joelle Charbonneau-Independent Study
3) Joelle Charbonneau-Graduation Day
4) George RR Martin-A Dance With Dragons pt 2
PAPERBACK PURGE
1) A American-Going Home (The Survivalist #1)
2) Diana E Anderson-Premonitions (The Farm #1)
3) Annie Berdel-Alpha Farm (Prepper Chick #1)
EBOOK ELIMINATOR
1) Bobby Akart-Axis of Evil (Lone Star #1)
2) Bobby Akart-36 Hours (Blackout #1)
3) Bobby Akart-The Loyal Nine (Boston Brahmin #1)
4) WR Benton-Premonition of Death (Fall of America #1)
5) Saul Tanpepper-Gameland

Good luck! One of my New Year’s resolutions is to catch up with the Song of Ice and Fire books. I stopped after the third one.
ReplyDeleteAj @ Read All The Things!
People slag off the fourth book because of the missing characters but it was fun to get Cersei's POV for the first time and see more of Sam, Asha and Jamie. For me there was too many Greyjoys and too much unnecessary stuff in Dorne but I still gave the book 4 stars. A Dance With Dragons is a great book!
DeleteGood luck! Sounds like you have a great year planned already.
ReplyDeleteYeah I was working on all this through December so I can concentate on the book reviews next!
DeleteI see your New Zealands :-)
ReplyDeleteMy OH has the first few George Martin books on his Amazon so I could 'borrow' them, but I'm not sure whether to take the plunge. I believe they're often different from the TV series?
The first book is pretty much the same as Got, the second and third stick pretty close but with added story threads and plots. You can recognise a lot of what is going on from the TV series but there is more about the Ironborn, Dorne and Slavers Bay. Some bits are unnecessary but some of it is really interesting. There are extra characters and pretenders to the throne too. One difference is the fates of some characters who are still alive in the books when they died earlier in the series and some plots from the series actually happened to different characters. I think HBO wanted to cut out the unnecessary characters so they switched their interesting plots to the main cast. I've given all the books 5 stars except book 4 which got 4 so overall I've enjoyed them personally. I'll probably get more out of the books each time I reread them and seperate my thinking from what is or isn't in the screen version!
DeleteI've read a couple Joelle Charbonneau books- they weren't bad!
ReplyDeleteThe Testing was right up there with The Hunger Games for me so that should be a fun reread and then complete the trilogy!
DeleteI was really overwhelmed by your list, but then I noticed you called it "unrealistic". Hey, you never know, you may knock them all out. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteNo what I said was "The plan is to stop going overboard with lists of 30 books a month which is unrealistic" This list of 15 is my minimum reading list and then I'll mood read the rest of the month.
DeleteWish you luck!
ReplyDeleteThanks! January is usually a good month as I feel all motivated!
DeleteI am thinking like that too, I want 2019 to be stress free so I am not making unrealistic stacks for each month either. Just read and enjoy. :)
ReplyDeleteExactly! I want to make sure I get some essentials done for my challenges and have time to mood read for the rest of the month!
Delete