Wednesday, 2 January 2019

Can't Wait Wednesday-The Dust Of Dawn


Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at http://www.wishfulendings.com/ to spotlight and discuss books we're excited about but haven't read, which may not even be released yet. 

NB: I don't follow or leave comments on blogs run by Google Plus, or DISQUS as I refuse to join something just to leave comments, and I won't allow them to follow new people, update my profile or post tweets 'on my behalf'. I won't comment on any blog that makes me sign in using another account. 


Zabat's Comet promises a stunning astronomical display as it narrowly passes our planet. Then a solar flare nudges it hurtling toward Earth. Humanity crumbles during the countdown to Doomsday.

But Zabat is more than just a comet. The impact brings not swift extinction but a massive cloud of dust that appears to have a mind of its own. A sinister intelligence. A force that threatens to change what's left of humanity.

Jack, Colleen, Lara, and Dan survived the violent chaos of the countdown. They survived the threat of extinction. Now they're about to find out that after Doomsday, there are horrors even worse than death. 


I like the sound of sinister dust clouds! It sounds part apocalypse and part scifi so I want to take a look at this one. It came out on December 3rd so I'll pick this up soon!

16 comments:

  1. I like the sounds of sinister dust clouds too -- definitely the first time I've read that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like that movie Night of the Comet but different. A sinister dust now that sounds wicked. Great choice. I see it's already out - I am going to have to check it out.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sound a bit different! I want to know WHY it is sinister!

      Delete
  3. Agreed - the sinister dust cloud does give this an extra bit of edge. Nice pick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the idea of a comet bringing doom and disaster. Hope this one lives up to its premise! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have many comet disasters on my shelves so I was pleased to hear about this one!

      Delete
  5. This sounds interesting! I would like to know your thoughts when you have to chance to read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It could be a while before I get to it with my giant tbr!

      Delete
  6. This sounds interesting. I have never thought about a dust cloud being sinister but I like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm imagining a dust cloud with Freddy Kruger's face for some stupid reason!

      Delete
  7. Oh yay, a killer asteroid story! With a cool weird twist too, by the looks of things!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sound as if it has an interesting twist!

      Delete
  8. ohh an apocalyptic event due to a comet! I haven't read any of those! Hope it is good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have many like this on my e-reader so I'm hoping to grab it soon!

      Delete