Thursday, 10 January 2019

Books From The Backlog-Turbulence


Books from the Backlog is a fun way to feature some of those neglected books sitting on your bookshelf.  You might be surprised by some of the unread books hiding in your stacks. Go to Carole's blog and add your blog post link in to join in the fun! Hosted by Carole at https://carolesrandomlife.blogspot.co.uk/

This seems like a fun feature and I have been planning to take part since Carole launched this so at last, here we go! I have a TON of unread books to choose from in various genres and I'm looking forward to sharing some of them with everybody. 


The passengers of Meridian Flight 6-delayed for hours and mistreated by rude and inept airline personnel-have been pushed to the edge. When Captain Phil Knight makes a forced emergency landing in war-torn Nigeria, abandoning his copilot to certain death, violence erupts inside the airplane as the enraged passengers attempt the first-ever commercial airline mutiny.
But what they don't know could kill them: The unscheduled loss of radio contact has led NATO and the CIA to believe they have been hijacked by terrorists and must be carrying a deadly chemical weapon into the heart of Western Europe. 


In the pressurized last moments as Flight 6 approaches, NATO scrambles to uncover the truth of the plane's cargo, while Navy pilots bring the 747 into their gun sights and the lives of innocent passengers hang in the balance. 

Back in about 2009 I read and loved Blackout, by this author and I then grabbed a whole pile of his air drama books. I've never got to reading any of them but they sound great!

14 comments:

  1. This does sound great and tension filled read. I hear you about never getting to read good books -- I have the same problem lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping to make a good dent in the backlog this year for sure! I'm targeting books where I have a few in a series picked up as bargains but haven't read any, books with less than great reviews online and books I'm less sure I'll like. Hopefully I can reduce my numbers quicker by doing them first!

      Delete
  2. This sounds like a very tense thriller. Flying is already scary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a long time since I've been on a plane. It was before 9/11.

      Delete
  3. It certainly sounds suspenseful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been guilty of snagging a stack of similar books or books from an author's backlist after loving a book. And, then never getting around to them.
    This one sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll get round to everything eventually! I just want to read them all NOW!

      Delete
  5. This sounds pretty exciting. I do think that we are a lot alike. I tend to buy up a ton of books by different authors and then never get the chance to read them. I hope you enjoy this one when you do get to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These books are all quite thick which does put me off a bit but I do need to read them!

      Delete
  6. Oh man, I already hate flying. lol
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never used to be too bad a flier but I think I'd be pretty nervous about it now!

      Delete
  7. Eek! I shouldn't have read this! haha I'm a sucker for any story set on a plane... but I am TERRIFIED of flying... and I have to fly to DC on Monday! Oops! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not the world's best flier, especially at take off!

      Delete