Thursday, 17 January 2019

Books From The Backlog-Haunted House


Books from the Backlog is a fun way to feature some of those neglected books sitting on your bookshelf.  You might be surprised by some of the unread books hiding in your stacks. Go to Carole's blog and add your blog post link in to join in the fun! Hosted by Carole at https://carolesrandomlife.blogspot.co.uk/

This seems like a fun feature and I have been planning to take part since Carole launched this so at last, here we go! I have a TON of unread books to choose from in various genres and I'm looking forward to sharing some of them with everybody. 


HAUNTED HOUSE is a sequel to the novels AFRAID, TRAPPED, and ENDURANCE. The survivors from those thrillers are all together, and put through a new kind of hell. Also included is Dr. Frank Belgium, from ORIGIN.

All characters have back stories. In the case of HAUNTED HOUSE, these back stories exist in other books.

While HAUNTED HOUSE can be read as a stand alone, and may be the first Kilborn book read by a lot of people, if a reader enjoys it, he/she can read more about these characters in different novels. And fans of these other novels will enjoy seeing familiar characters show up again in a new novel. 


I loved the first three novels Afraid, Trapped and Endurance so as soon as I read Origin, I'll be getting stuck into this one as I love the sound of it!

16 comments:

  1. I think I have some of his books but I am not sure if I have this one. I hope you enjoy this one, Chuckles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As soon as I read Origin, I'll be on to this one!

      Delete
    2. I'm pretty sure I have the first two or three of these on my ereader too! Things go on there and are never seen again.

      Delete
    3. I have that issue too. My e-readers are like an Amazon jungle!

      Delete
  2. I know you enjoy this author so I'm kind of surprised you haven't read this one yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The characters in this one all appear in other books like Afraid, Trapped, Endurance and Origin so I need to have read them to get the back story on the characters before I read this novel. I still have Origin to read first.

      Delete
  3. Neat how all the books are connected like that. Spooky cover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so keen to read them but I'm trying to give priority to books I think I can maybe DNF or not want to keep!

      Delete
  4. I have such fun reading their books. This was a good one too. Can't wait to see what you think of Origin! Holes In The Ground, the sequel, was pretty good too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to get to Origins soon and then straight to Haunted House!

      Delete
  5. Everything about the book appeals to me so I hope you love it. I am reading one right now that I am tempted to DNF. I struggle to finish all that I start, but sometimes...
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've DNFed a few already this year but I have no regrets! I just don't have the time to waste if I'm not enjoying it!

      Delete
  6. Those poor people! They've already survived one thriller, then get trapped in this one too? That's just mean of the author, though I do actually like the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like you have read the first three. I don't know if I have this one. I loved the first three so I will have to check this one out. I do like JK books.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love his writing, the tension and gore and he writes great characters!

      Delete