Thursday, 3 January 2019

Books From The Backlog-Dirty Magic


Books from the Backlog is a fun way to feature some of those neglected books sitting on your bookshelf.  You might be surprised by some of the unread books hiding in your stacks. Go to Carole's blog and add your blog post link in to join in the fun! Hosted by Carole at https://carolesrandomlife.blogspot.co.uk/

This seems like a fun feature and I have been planning to take part since Carole launched this so at last, here we go! I have a TON of unread books to choose from in various genres and I'm looking forward to sharing some of them with everybody. 


The last thing patrol cop Kate Prospero expected to find on her nightly rounds was a werewolf covered in the blood of his latest victim. But then, she also didn't expect that shooting him would land her in the crosshairs of a Magic Enforcement Agency task force, who wants to know why she killed their lead snitch.

The more Prospero learns about the dangerous new potion the MEA is investigating, the more she's convinced that earning a spot on their task force is the career break she's been wanting. But getting the assignment proves much easier than solving the case. Especially once the investigation reveals their lead suspect is the man she walked away from ten years earlier—on the same day she swore she'd never use dirty magic again.

Kate Prospero's about to learn the hard way that crossing a wizard will always get you burned, and that when it comes to magic, you should be never say never.


This has been on my tbr since January 2014. I love the covers for the series and it sounds really good. I want to finish reading her Sabina Kane series first and then I'll get stuck into this series!

18 comments:

  1. oh I like this tagline! "play or get play!! I had to start the trivia games to see if I can giveaway some of the books neglected on my bookshelves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the covers on this series and want to get to them this year!

      Delete
  2. I have this one as an ebook and an audiobook but still haven't read it. It does sound really good! Someday it will happen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had never heard of this author before. Thanks for sharing. Happy New Year. 🎉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked Red Headed Stepchild and need to finish that series before I start this one!

      Delete
  4. This sounds interesting! I hope you'll enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, werewolves! I love werewolves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a while since I read anything with a werewolf in it! I miss the Kelley Armstrong wolf pack...

      Delete
  6. This series does look fantastic. It's one I want to read, too. I hope you enjoy it when you get the chance.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another series that looks really good! But I have to finish the two urban fantasy series I'm already in the middle of before I start a new one. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a ton of older urban fantasy to get to this year!

      Delete
  8. Oh, I remember this series! I was sad when the publisher stopped putting out more books, but I believe she found someone else to publish or she put them out herself.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have two or three of them I think...need to investigate if she is self publishing now or what is happening.

      Delete