Books from the Backlog is a fun way to feature some of those neglected books sitting on your bookshelf. You might be surprised by some of the unread books hiding in your stacks. Go to Carole's blog and add your blog post link in to join in the fun! Hosted by Carole at https://carolesrandomlife.blogspot.co.uk/
This seems like a fun feature and I have been planning to take part since Carole launched this so at last, here we go! I have a TON of unread books to choose from in various genres and I'm looking forward to sharing some of them with everybody.
A world made by the Eight Creators on which to play out their games of passion and power, Paradise is a sprawling, diverse, often brutal place. Men and women live on Paradise as do dogs, cats, ferrets, goats, and horses. But dinosaurs predominate: wildlife, monsters, beasts of burden-and of war. Colossal plant-eaters like Brachiosaurus; terrifying meat-eaters like Allosaurus, and the most feared of all, Tyrannosaurus rex. Giant lizards swim warm seas. Birds (some with teeth) share the sky with flying reptiles that range in size from bat-sized insectivores to majestic and deadly Dragons.
Thus we are plunged into Victor Milán's splendidly weird world of The Dinosaur Lords, a place that for all purposes mirrors 14th century Europe with its dynastic rivalries, religious wars, and byzantine politics…except the weapons of choice are dinosaurs. Where vast armies of dinosaur-mounted knights engage in battle. During the course of one of these epic battles, the enigmatic mercenary Dinosaur Lord Karyl Bogomirsky is defeated through betrayal and left for dead. He wakes, naked, wounded, partially amnesiac-and hunted. And embarks upon a journey that will shake his world.
This book has been described by George RR Martin as Game of Thrones meets Jurassic Park and I'm pretty excited about reading this one!


This looks like insanity but in a good way! This isn't my usual kind of book but just reading the description has me wanting to add it to my TBR!
ReplyDeleteYeah I'm not a huge fantasy fan but I am intrigued by dinosaurs in a Game of Thrones type setting!
DeleteWow what a combination! And that cover. What a find you have here and read it soon so you can tell me all about it!
ReplyDeleteI can't remember where I saw this first but I just had to grab it! It is a biggish book though so I'm not sure when I'll manage it! Hopefully soon!
DeleteWant. To. Read. :D
ReplyDeleteLooks good eh!
DeleteI think I remember when this came out and I was thinking this sounded like bonkers fun!
ReplyDeleteI'm so intrigued by the plot and the use of dinosaurs!
DeleteI would like to read this too. And that cover. I'd like to frame it and hang it on my wall!
ReplyDeleteThe cover is very appealing!
DeleteNow this one sounds really different! I hope you enjoy it when you do get the chance to read it.
ReplyDeleteI hope it lives up to expectations!
DeleteThat cover is so ridiculous, I can't even handle it!
ReplyDeleteCool isn't it!
DeleteYes, there is just so much going on, and the armor and like, how do you even ride a dinosaur? I can not wait for your review of this one!!
DeleteNot sure when I'll get to it-these longer books scare me now!
DeleteI had no idea that such a book existed. It sounds fab. I think this will be a good one when you get the chance. :)
ReplyDeleteI really hope I like it as it sounds really unique!
DeleteOh yeah. Love me some dragons, dinosaurs and monsters. Hope you enjoy it. I keep thinking of sharing some for the Backlog Meme too.
ReplyDeletesherry @ fundinmental
It does sound interesting doesn't it!
DeleteThat sounds AWESOME!
ReplyDeleteI hope it lives up to the hype!
DeleteI've been meaning to read this one for ages!
ReplyDeleteIt sounds so promising! I just hope it delivers!
DeleteI have not read a George RR Martin book/movie but I have seen a few JP movies. It doesn't sound like a bad book tho. I will have to check this one out myself.
ReplyDeleteMary
I'm certainly interested in how the dinosaurs are used-hope it's scary!
Delete