Tuesday, 1 January 2019

Book Review Backlog Challenge 2019



These are the books I read in 2018 but never got a review done for before the end of the year and I really do need to write them as I read some of these books back in August! I want to be no more than a few weeks behind, not half the year! I've written the date that I read them and when I finally review them I'll mark that too!

1) Vivian Shaw-Strange Practice (read Aug)
2) Cynthia Hand-My Lady Jane (read Aug)
3) Rajan Khanna-Falling Sky (read Aug)
4) Orlando A Sanchez-Tombyards & Butterflies (read Aug)
5) Carrie Vaughn-Kitty's Big Trouble (read Sept)
6) Carrie Vaughn-Kitty Steals The Show (read Sep)
7) Carrie Vaughn-Kitty Rocks The House (read Sep)
8) Carrie Vaughn-Kitty In The Underworld (read Sep)
9) Carrie Vaughn-Low Midnight (read Sep)
10) Carrie Vaughn-Kitty Saves The World (read Sep)
11) Carrie Vaughn-Kitty's Greatest Hits (read Sep)
12) Martha Wells-Rogue Protocol (read Sep)
13) Martha Wells-Exit Strategy (read Nov)
14) Michael Bray-Feed (read Sep)
15) Rick Chesler-The Tank (read Sep)
16) Chris Jameson-Devil Sharks (read Sep)
17) Greig Beck-Fathomless (read Sep)
18) Jamie Hutchison-Black Spawn (read Sep)
19) Carolyn McCray-Shark Station Nyet (read Sep)
20) Carolyn McCray-The Shayu Situation (read Sep)
21) Curtis Richards-Halloween (read Oct)
22) Russell James-Cavern of the Damned (read Oct)
23) Gerry Griffiths-Cryptid Zoo (read Oct)
24) Jeff Menapace-Wildlife 2 (read Oct)
25) Anne McCaffrey-Dinosaur Planet (read Nov)
26) Anne McCaffrey-The Survivors (read Nov)
27) Christopher Brookmyre-Bedlam (DNF Nov)
28) Elizabeth Briggs-Future Threat (read Nov)
29) Elizabeth Briggs-Future Lost (read Nov)
30) William H Weber-Surviving America's Collapse (read Dec)
31) G Michael Hopf-The End (read Dec)
32) James Wesley Rawles-Patriots (DNF Dec)
33) Valerie Anand-The House of Lanyon (DNF Dec)
34) ML Brennan-Generation V (DNF Dec)
35) Dean Koontz-Icebound (read Dec)
36) Sue Fortin-Sister Sister (read Dec)
37) Benjamin Percy-The Dark Web (DNF read)
38) LD Goffigan-The Beast of London (read Dec)
39) Amie Kaufman-Illuminae (DNF Dec)
49) Tom Harper-Zodiac Station (read Dec)

26 comments:

  1. The no-review thing is a huge problem for me too! I have so many on my 'Upcoming Review' page - and it doesn't help that I grabbed those extra 13 from my mom's library over break! I had wanted to get all my leftover reviews done before the end of 2018, but of course failed miserably. Let's get these done!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This list makes me want to cry, it really does! I forgot I read so much in September! The DNFs I can maybe get into a couple of mini review posts which will help I guess. But I've already read three this year and I'm on my fourth so the list just gets bigger! *stamps foot* Yes, let's get them done!!!

      Delete
  2. Phew!! Good luck writing your reviews! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really think I'm going to need it Erica! I need to start today!

      Delete
  3. I am really bad at this too. I had a few books that I read in the fall that I just took off of my upcoming review list since I didn't remember enough about them to even write a decent review. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't even use that excuse! I write notes as I read to help me write reviews so I have no excuse to let it go on so long! I'm wondering if I need to get the new books reviewed as I read them and fit in the backlog where I can but that could mean falling further behind on last years books. *sigh*

      Delete
  4. Ooh I'll be watching for all your Kitty reviews haha, not to mention Martha Wells and Zodiac Station too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you won't be waiting to the summer for them! *groans* What a mess I got myself into!

      Delete
  5. Oh my! That's a boatload of pending reviews! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't feel bad. Mine is even more! The last quarter of the year I read a bunch but never got those reviews written. Time to get busy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK now I feel a little better! I didn't think there were so many. It's kind of depressing! Time to get busy indeed! Now I've got the book challenge posts up I can focus on the reviews.

      Delete
  7. I'd never catch up. Good luck!! And Happy New Year. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt like I was wading in treacle last year with this lot haunting me! Happy New Year Lark!

      Delete
  8. Omg... so many books. How do you even do it all xD? I wish you the best of luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been doing it all, hence the backlog!

      Delete
  9. That's huge list to tackle, good look. I recently cleaned out my backlog of reviews, if I couldn't remember much about the book I removed it from the list. Hopefully this coming year, I can write a review when I finish the book. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to need to get 5 a week done to put a dent in this lot plus I'll have the January books to review as well! *groans* Happy New Year!

      Delete
  10. It's 'funny' how they creep up on you. I was doing great until the end of the year too, but I need to plan better. From November on becomes hard to keep up, especially the last couple weeks of the year. It will probably take me a week or so to get my ducks in a row for this year.
    sherry @ fundinmental
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm determined to get the backlog dealt with this month! I've tackled a whole pile of them into three mini review posts which has certainly put a dent in it! This is my year of getting stuff done!

      Delete
  11. I've got a bit of a review backlog, too! Good luck with the catchup!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! That's quite the list! I try to get my reviews done within a week or so or it's just not going to happen. I'm impressed that you're going to tackle all these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once I get this lot done I'll tackle what I've read this year. I only want to be a week or two behind with reviews by spring!

      Delete
  13. oh wow you DNF Illuminae! Never seen before! It has been on my TBR forever so I hope you share your thoughts why you didn't like it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can't all love the same things. Review will be posted this week on one of my mini review posts.

      Delete