I saw this tag over at Nicci's blog https://www.sunnybuzzybooks.co.uk/ and decided it would be fun to give it a go. I tried to trace who started it but after being to five blogs I came to a literal dead end so I'm afraid I had to give that up! I've added two extra questions for fun. If you want to join in, I tag you!
1) Favourite Shows?
Game of Thrones, Buffy, Angel, The West Wing, Coronation Street (aka Corrie), American Ninja Warrior, Sasuke, Pimp My Ride, Masterchef (UK/NZ/US/OZ/CAN), Stargate Atlantis, Miami Vice, Prisoner Cell Block H, Deadliest Catch, Gold Rush, SAS Who Dares Wins, Blake's Seven, V (original version), Alias, The Tudors, Beverly Hills 90210, Father Ted, Bottom, Only Fools & Horses, Torchwood, My Kitchen Rules, Top Chef, Great British Menu, Dallas, House of Cards (UK), Tenko, Melrose Place, Millenium, Ax Men, Wicked Tuna, Yukon Gold, Steve Austin Broken Skull Challenge, Takeshi's Castle.
2) Favourite Genre?
I like paranormal/horror things but action and adventure, historical, political and SF are good too. I'll also watch the odd fantasy series, the odd crime one if it sounds different. I like crazy athletic gameshows, cookery competitions, tough job reality TV.
3) Least Favourite Shows?
I will not watch reality TV about 'celebrities' like The Kardashians, dating and chat shows, reality TV like Big Brother and Love Island, celebrity versions of my favourite shows ie Celebrity Masterchef, medical dramas, most crime series. I'm not into things like Shameless, Skins, The Office, Girls etc.I don't watch comedy or romance shows.
4) Most re-watched show/favourite to binge?
I re-watched Buffy constantly and I'm in a long term project of rewatching and updating episode notes on Coronation Street. I've watched 1976 to 1992 so far...just need to get up to 2020 and beyond! Mostly I'm trying to get caught up with stuff before I let myself binge on Game of Thrones again.
5) Do you prefer watching things week by week or binge watching?
Nothing beats a binge watch of your own dvd box set. I get tired of an episode being changed or cancelled to accomodate sport or politics or something so I never follow anything week to week except Coronation Street. Binge watching means I can watch what I want, when I want and as many as I want!
6) Favourite television characters?
Tyrion Lannister, Samwell Tarly, Jon Snow, Hodor (GoT), Peter Barlow & Carla Connor (Corrie), Spike & Giles (Buffy), CJ & Leo (West Wing), Wesley (Angel), Daniel (SG1), Joan (PCBH), Trigger (OF&H), Zito (MV), Jenna (Dallas), Avon (B7), Jack (Alias).
7) Favourite television ships?
I don't do this ship thing. I do however wish that Buffy and Angel could have that HEA! Surely helping save the world could undo the bloody curse!
8) Shows you could never get into?
Heroes, American Gothic, Pretty Little Liars, Breaking Bad, American Horror Story, Bates Motel, Penny Dreadful, Fringe, Babylon 5, The Wire, Firefly, Dollhouse, True Detective, LEXX, Andromeda, Band of Brothers.
9) Shows you fell out of love with?
Eastenders, Stargate SGI (season 9 onwards), Holby City, Casualty, Bering Sea Gold (hate those Kellys), The Walking Dead (by end of season 3), Doctor Who (as soon as Donna came in for Martha I was done with it) NCIS (loved it but too many episodes and spin offs to keep up with!) The Shield (first four seasons were great then it went downhill).
10) Cancelled too soon?
Terra Nova, Alcatraz, Steve Austin Broken Skull Challenge, Spartan Ultimate Team Challenge, Threshold, Flashforward.
11) Guilty Pleasure Show?
No such thing. I watch or I don't watch. I like it or I don't like it. I never feel guilty about being entertained by anything I watch.
12) What are you currently watching?
Not a lot! Too busy trying to get my reading back on track but I'm rewatching Corrie and Pimp My Ride.
13) What do you need to catch up with?
Supernatural, Scandal, Elementary, Hannibal, Lost, 24, X-Files, Nikita, Spooks, Prison Break, Robin Hood, Continuum.
14) Shows you haven't started watching yet?
The Crown, Victoria, Downton Abbey, Sanctuary, Homeland, Primevil, Rome, The 100, The Strain, Grimm, Lost Girl, Wolf Hall, White Princess, Arrow, How to get away with murder, Jericho, Stranger Things, The Following, The Blacklist, Slasher, Scream, Van Helsing, The Purge, Fortitude, Teen Wolf, Sleepy Hollow, Wentworth, Chernobyl, Westworld, Britannia, Knightfall, Haven, Madam Secretary, The Last Ship, Warehouse 13, House of Cards, Strike Back, Wolf Creek, The Terror, Vikings, Merlin and a ton of other things!
I've probably forgot a few things for these questions but I'll go ahead and publish it anyway! I tag you, so get on with it!!!

I love Firefly, I even named my car after the spaceship!! It’s not everyone’s cup of tea though.
ReplyDeleteI stopped watching Doctor Who when Peter Capaldi came in, I like him as an actor but not as the Doctor.
You’ve got at look of good things on your to watch list - Stranger Things and Chernobyl especially.
As much as I loved Buffy and Angel, I never took to any of Whedon's other stuff for the most part. I'm not sure why because I liked the actors in Firefly. I loved The Doctor with Rose and Martha but Dreadful Donna ruined it for me and I haven't watched since. Maybe I'll start with Matt Smith's years and see how it goes. I don't fancy the new series as the plots aren't to my taste.
DeleteI found the questions on this tag hard to answer!
ReplyDeleteBuffy is an awesome show. I adored Buffy and Spike. I liked Spike better than Angel because he became "good" when he didn't have a soul. Angel was a nightmare without his... However, the 13/14yo in me will never get over the heartbreak of the last episode of Buffy S2 and thus I'm probably still Buffy + Angel forever, lol.
I loved when Angel went bad-he took the part so well! I never really saw Buffy and Spike as a couple. Gah, I must do a Buffy rewatch this winter! My dad really wants to watch it!
Delete