MONDAY
After the weekend I was still thinking about the new plan to give me more time to do things away from my blog by sorting out my time better. I've now decided to batter in to getting a pile of reviews done this week, get ahead in a few blog posts and ensure that I keep up daily with my comments and blog visits. Then at the weekend I hope to switch to my new routine of spending the weekend doing blog posts then 30 minutes each morning Mon-Thu to stay up to date. That gives me four whole days for whatever else I want or need to do, plus each night after 6pm. I should be able to start getting a bit of everything into my routine-films, TV, Wii, news scrapbooks, puzzles and crafts, slothing around as well as house clearance duties and the usual housework to do.
What a joy also that the live Darts is back on TV! I'm recording the sessions each night and then watching it the following morning. My dad and I stopped watching the live football because of all the political chat and events being brought into it but thankfully the darts isn't doing that so I can just enjoy the sport and forget about the real world for a few happy hours!
TUESDAY
The last of my bakery items arrived-cases for baking my cupcakes, rolling pin, pastry brush, piping bag, cookie cutters-all at a pretty low price which is always good. My dad wanted me to get the animal shapes cookie cutters but I sniffily informed him that I don't eat Kermit, Miss Piggy, Larry the Lamb, Ducky Lucky, Paddington or any other animal shaped biscuit. It's virtually cannibalism!!! My dad suggested I make myself a birthday cake and I gave him a Paddington hard stare! I shall be getting a few sponge cakes from Asda thank you very much! Unless anyone has an easy recipe for a one layer sponge cake with buttercream and I can use sheets of marzipan on it?
I ordered a Paddington bookmark from an Amazon marketplace seller. I paid nearly £3 for it including postage and then Royal Mail refused to deliver it as the company who sent it to me underpaid the postage. I was told I needed to pay £1.50 extra in charges to get it! Why the bleeding heck should I pay it? Why can't Royal Mail contact the company and tell THEM to pay the fine? Bloody cheek of it! They can keep the bloody bookmark or send it back but I'm not paying any more for it!
WEDNESDAY
I got a wooden desktop organizer thing for my computer desk today. Easy to put together! No fuss! What bullcrap! The screws don't fit the holes which is making it a bugger to screw together. I've worked on it for two hours, gained blisters on several fingers and the palm of my hand, and I'll still need my dad to help me finish it! Thankfully my dad is stronger than me and has now finished the project so I've now got all my stuff on the new rack and it's much neater to look at. My dad has ordered a bigger desktop unit for his stuff which should come next week. My new kitchen storage unit on wheels is out of stock which is a bummer but I hope it comes soon.
THURSDAY
Today I ordered replacement packs of my favourite gel pens ready for winter. I use them a lot for review notes and writing my Coronation Street episode guide, so I don't want to be running out this winter! I need to ensure I have plenty glue, scrapbooks, tippex and everything I need for my crafts and puzzles too. I like feeling ready for winter!
FRIDAY
Hurrah, my birthday presents have arrived and I LOVE them! OK so they are a few weeks early but who cares really! I've done a post about it for this weekend so you can see what I got! Hopefully it will be a weekend of getting book reviews written (*groans*) and then switching to my new blogging system for next week! Oh and my Paddington bookmark arrived without me having to pay that extra charge and with no contact from the seller or Royal Mail, which was weird. I suspect that the local postman may have paid the charge himself as he delivered it yesterday in the post van. I guess I'll never know but he always gets a big Christmas bonus from us every year anyway!

Early or late, birthday presents are always a good thing. Is your birthday in August? 'Cause I have an August birthday, so I was just wondering. :)
ReplyDeleteYep August 11th. I'm not one for bothering really but my dad likes to make a fuss!
DeleteGlad you got your bookmark! I'd have complained to the seller about the postage. Good luck with the new blogging approach.
ReplyDeleteIt was all very weird! Still, the important thing is that I got it in the end and just a week late! Catching up on weekend comments today and then I have lots of book reviews to write!
Deletere: gel pens
ReplyDeleteMrs B LOVES gel pens. We used to get her the ones from Barnes & Nobles, but they discontinued the brand and she just opened up her last pack (we had bought like 3 or 4 packs back when we found out that was it). What brand do you like? She's always on the lookout for a good brand...
Blogger forced me over to the new editor, but I immediately switched back, the jackasses. I'm hoping they won't force me again, sigh...
For colouring books I use Fiskars 0.8 mm Glitter/ Neon/ Metallic and Swirl Medium Point Gel Pens, Pack of 48, Multi-Colour. I usually do my writing with Paper Mate 1985481 Medium Point Inkjoy Gel Pen - Assorted Colours (Pack of 14) But they bumped up the price really high for lockdown so I had to just grab some cheaper pens which are ballpoint. Bummer!
DeleteAwesome! thanks for that level of detail. That is exactly what we need to find stuff on amazon.
DeleteI hope you find what you are looking for!
Delete