Friday, 8 November 2019

Chuckles Weekend Roundup


Welcome to my feature Chuckles Weekend Roundup where I will be looking at what books I've received, anything interesting I've done or bought or watched and other random stuff. I'll be taking a look back at what happened in my blogging world too, sort of like The Sunday Post that some of you do! 

Please note that I'll be visiting your STS/SP as normal, but I don't follow or leave comments on blogs run by Google Plus, or DISQUS as I refuse to join something just to leave comments, and I won't allow DISQUS to follow new people, update my profile or post tweets 'on my behalf'. I am the only one who does that on my social media! I won't comment on any blog that makes me sign in using another account. Sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress-they try to block me because I deleted my account with them but I will persevere as it only happens the odd time!
****************
What a week. I've had one of those insomnia attack weeks and then there was the drama of the washing machine breaking down and losing the water for those few hours. I decided 'sod it' and treated myself to a few things-pre-ordering three behind the scenes Game of Thrones books, an Ant Middleton DVD recreating the survival journey of Captain Bligh and his crew after the mutiny on the Bounty and chocolate! I'm also very excited that the new Murderbot book is available to pre-order!!! 
 
It hasn't been a brilliant few days for reading as I've been pretty tired and concentrating on a LOT of handwashing for the clothes! Been mostly lazing around at night and relaxing in front of the TV. I've lost count how many times I've watched the Jurassic Park films this week because I was too lazy to get up and change the disk! This week I'm sharing a few books that I bought a while back but I'm only just adding them to my TBR list.

PAPERBACKS/HARDBACKS



Chuckles Blogging World
This week I'll have a couple of book reviews to post and I have a few tedious things to do on the computer too! I'm STILL struggling to motivate myself to finish my list of everything lurking on my ereaders-it's just so DULL! I'm also having to get some stats together for the upcoming General Election here in the UK!
 
Book Reviews
 
Chuckles Mini Reviews Catchup

Regular Posts
 
Chuckles Friday Reading Roundup
 
Around The Blogs With Chuckles
 
Top Ten Tuesday

Can't Wait Wednesday

Books From The Backlog

Discussion Posts
 
Chuckles Chuntering-A Prepper Vindicated
 
Book Challenges
 
Tackling The TBR
 
Nonfiction November
 
Film & TV 
During the day, my dad and I have been watching American Ninja Warrior Season 7, US v ROW and All Stars. We've just started watching Season 8.
 
Book Tags/Blog Awards
none this week
 
Currently Reading/Up Next 
It hasn't been a great reading week so I only got one of the three planned reads done. I'm trying to do a re-read of Dying Bites for the Read a series in a Month challenge but I'm just not in an urban fantasy mood right now and that is tough when I have a series of six books to read for that challenge! I also need to get a start on my SF Challenge. Trouble is I'm in such a NF mood right now! It's good for my Nonfiction November Challenge!


18 comments:

  1. It does sound like you had a week of poo. I hope next week is better and I'm glad you treated yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mega poo! This morning I woke up with muffled hearing in one ear. It's getting hard not to take it personally!

      Delete
  2. Sorry you had such a bad week. Hope things are getting better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to go and hibernate! It has to be less stressful! I mean, bears look nicely chilled out, right?!

      Delete
  3. I'm so sorry about the washer issues. Things like that stink. At least you were able to participate in some good retail therapy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I needed that retail therapy and I was looking for an excuse to buy those GoT books!

      Delete
  4. Sorry to hear about your troubles with your washer, but at least you treated yourself to something nice as a reward for all the aggravation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The washing machine is certainly terminal but I don't know when we can get a new one. Any excuse for some retail therapy!

      Delete
  5. Hand washing is a pain in the rear. Buying yourself something is a good treat though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly is! I have another pile to do plus a pile of ironing this week...yuk! I hate housework!

      Delete
  6. I'm really curious about the Mark Lawrence book; it keeps popping up, and yet I know so little about it! Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping to finally make a start on it tonight. It's about 200 pages so I'll either finish it tonight or tomorrow morning.

      Delete
  7. Ugh, I'm sorry you had a tough week. But I'm also glad to hear you treated yourself!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are days when you just have to treat yourself. That's my excuse anyway!

      Delete
  8. I don't think that I could even wrap my mind around hand washing our laundry. That is one of the few appliances that I would do everything in my power to replace asap. We were busy snaking drains that were backed up and other fixes around the house. It never ends! I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We just don't have £400 in savings ready to use for the blasted thing, that's the problem! The closer it gets to Christmas, the busier the shops which will make it harder to get. We might need to suck it up and wait to January!

      Delete
  9. I do a lot of handwashing of laundry when we're travelling around and it's not my most favourite of chores! I've gradually changed our clothes with handwashing in mind so the fabrics are easier on my hands and I'll do a little every few days rather than letting it stack up. I object to paying £5 a time to use campsite washing machines!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I grabbed a few tubes of travel wash today so that should speed things up a bit rather than steeping in a tub of fabric softener! I would object to those prices at every campsite too and I'd be washing by hand as I travelled!

      Delete