Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish
in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of
2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to
bring bookish friends together. http://www.thatartsyreadergirl.com/top-ten-tuesday/
NB: I don't follow or leave comments on blogs run by Google Plus, or DISQUS as I refuse to join something just to leave comments, and I won't allow them to follow new people, update my profile or post tweets 'on my behalf'. I won't comment on any blog that makes me sign in using another account.
Hello I'm Dave the furry pumpkin and those who have visited my adopted mum's blog over the last few years will know me. As always I spent Halloween out of the country to avoid being carved or mutilated (what is wrong with you twisted people!!!) and I can report that my extended family all survived another year! To celebrate, I'm taking over the blog today to present Autumn Vibes. I'm selecting ten things that mean Autumn in some way and a book I've read or want to read that is connected to each one.
1) Pumpkins
In honour of myself, I had to find a book cover with a pumpkin on it and this certainly fits the bill! Based on the events of the first Halloween film, it was a fun read.
2) Costumes
My mum likes Tudor fiction with the colourful dresses on the cover, like this excellent read. As a male pumpkin dresses aren't my thing but humans seem to enjoy dressing up!
3) Indian Summer
Pumpkins love a good sunset after a warmer October day so a nice sunset cover is a good choice. We really liked this book!
4) Chilling Out
Nothing beats chilling out inside your home, whether it is reading a book or watching TV. Pumpkins like home comforts!
5) Leaves Falling
What I love about Autumn is watching the leaves turn all those lovely shades and then they fall! This was a really good book!
6) Clocks Changing
Our clocks changed at the end of October, giving us an extra hour in bed-yea! This book is out of our comfort zone but it looks so gorgeous we want to read it!
7) Parliament
For some stupid reason the UK celebrate a failed attempt to blow up Parliament every November 5th. My mum has always been interested in politics yet never read this!
8) Bonfires
Effigies of plot member Guy Fawkes burned on bonfires and stupid fireworks that scare pets. Here is a book about leadership and fire we have still to read!
9) Fog
My mum always hated getting up on those cold November mornings to go to work when a fog or mist was hanging around. This is one we want to read and watch.
10) Michael Myers
I can't even think about the period around Halloween without the thought of the film and the guy in the creepy William Shatner mask!!! I'll read it after I see the new film!
NB: I don't follow or leave comments on blogs run by Google Plus, or DISQUS as I refuse to join something just to leave comments, and I won't allow them to follow new people, update my profile or post tweets 'on my behalf'. I won't comment on any blog that makes me sign in using another account.
Hello I'm Dave the furry pumpkin and those who have visited my adopted mum's blog over the last few years will know me. As always I spent Halloween out of the country to avoid being carved or mutilated (what is wrong with you twisted people!!!) and I can report that my extended family all survived another year! To celebrate, I'm taking over the blog today to present Autumn Vibes. I'm selecting ten things that mean Autumn in some way and a book I've read or want to read that is connected to each one.
1) Pumpkins
In honour of myself, I had to find a book cover with a pumpkin on it and this certainly fits the bill! Based on the events of the first Halloween film, it was a fun read.
2) Costumes
My mum likes Tudor fiction with the colourful dresses on the cover, like this excellent read. As a male pumpkin dresses aren't my thing but humans seem to enjoy dressing up!
3) Indian Summer
Pumpkins love a good sunset after a warmer October day so a nice sunset cover is a good choice. We really liked this book!
4) Chilling Out
Nothing beats chilling out inside your home, whether it is reading a book or watching TV. Pumpkins like home comforts!
5) Leaves Falling
What I love about Autumn is watching the leaves turn all those lovely shades and then they fall! This was a really good book!
6) Clocks Changing
Our clocks changed at the end of October, giving us an extra hour in bed-yea! This book is out of our comfort zone but it looks so gorgeous we want to read it!
7) Parliament
For some stupid reason the UK celebrate a failed attempt to blow up Parliament every November 5th. My mum has always been interested in politics yet never read this!
8) Bonfires
Effigies of plot member Guy Fawkes burned on bonfires and stupid fireworks that scare pets. Here is a book about leadership and fire we have still to read!
9) Fog
My mum always hated getting up on those cold November mornings to go to work when a fog or mist was hanging around. This is one we want to read and watch.
10) Michael Myers
I can't even think about the period around Halloween without the thought of the film and the guy in the creepy William Shatner mask!!! I'll read it after I see the new film!











HELLO DAVE (waving)! I should really read The Fog. I loved the movie and it will tie in good with a project for next year. Dave you are so right about so many of these things. And you will be glad to know that our household didn't mutilate any pumpkins this year - we skipped it! Welcome back and enjoy your time at home until next Halloween!
ReplyDeleteRight back at ya! I was stuck in a caravan on the Yorkshire Moors but a kind farmer kept me well fed! So glad that your home was mutilation free!
DeleteThe Fog is one of our favourite films but we never knew there was a book we could read for it! We did read James Herbert's book also named 'The Fog' many years back, which I was going to feature until I decided to use The Mist!
Ha! the William Shatner mask. I won't be able to unsee that now lol
ReplyDeleteKaren @ For What It's worth
I watched a behind the scenes Halloween documentary and was shocked that the creepy mask was an adapted William Shatner mask! Weird!
DeleteLove this! :D
ReplyDeleteDave says thank you!
DeleteI'm so glad Dave made it through the season unscathed! Also, The Mist is good stuff. The audio is great.
ReplyDeleteDave says he was enjoying a holiday in England for a week, campfires and toasted marshmallows, warm caravan and a good book!
DeleteI love this post so much lol!! :D The Halloween book does look great!
ReplyDeleteI really need to watch the new Halloween film so I can read the book!
DeleteFirst of all, I love Dave! So cute! Ewww - clocks changing are the worst! I am still waking up too early every day, but I love the way you found a book for each thing that reminds you of fall.
ReplyDeleteDave is blushing as we speak! He loves being called cute! He says you are very kind!
DeleteYay Dave- glad you survived! :)
ReplyDeleteYes I escaped the soup pot again this year!
DeleteThis was fun. I should try doing some of these.
ReplyDeleteDave always wants to join in around Halloween!
DeleteI also need to read and watch The Mist. It does seem perfect for this time of year.
ReplyDeleteAj @ Read All The Things!
Yes those frosty foggy November days just scream out for a good horror read!
Deletehello dave always a pleasure seeing you
ReplyDeletesherry @ fundinmental
I'm treating you to a Dave wave! *waves*
DeleteThe Clockwork Cathedral cover is awesome!
ReplyDeleteThe whole series is gorgeous so I just have to try it!
DeleteOooh! These covers are all so eye-catching!
ReplyDeleteDefinitely some autumn vibes going on!
Delete