I was excited to go into November with three exciting challenges to take part in. The problem is, juggling these three challenges is proving to be a bit too much in one month, which is a bit of a shame. Also, doing a challenge with a genre you're just not in the mood to read is pretty tough so I'm trailing behind in my Read A Series In A Month challenge. I have re-read book one, read book two and will finish the third book in the series before the month ends which is fine, but books four, five and six will need to wait for another time. What I have read proves to me that the series does keep up a good standard so I hope to maybe read them next month or early next year. I still count getting three of the books read as a success even though I didn't read the whole series.
I'm sooooo in a non fiction mood right now so for the rest of this month I'm going to dive into my Game of Thrones behind the scenes books which are gorgeous! There isn't a huge amount of writing to them as a lot of it is visual so they will also be quick reads to kickstart my final push for getting my Goodreads Challenge of 200 books completed and getting below 900 books to read in my TBR challenge. I'm not too sure where this leaves my SF challenge but I do hope to read at least a couple of them before the year ends if I can. But it is more important to me right now to be reading what I actually want to read and feed my inner book beast so the two challenges need to be sacrificed in favour of more success in my NonFiction November. For December I have four or five I need to try and read for completing year long challenges but the rest is going to be pure mood reading which works out well.
How are you guys doing with your reading challenges? Ready for that final push before the year ends?!

I MAY finish my challenge. Books 1 and 2 are done and I'm about 30% into the last one. I need to read a portion of The Stand and finish a review book before next Friday so that would leave the 30th to finish the cozy. I'm on vacation (stay-cation) next week so it's totally doable.
ReplyDeleteHey, you picked a 6 book challenge - which is a lot. I'd say finishing 3 is awesome. You will notice that I picked one that only had 3 to start :)
I knew I should've taken my time choosing and picked a trilogy! I tried to switch to one part of the way through but of course I screwed up by picking something too short for the rules and wasted more time! Hopefully you'll get your challenge done! I'll be happy to have done the three out of six!
Deletei try to be careful not to take too many challenges on for that reason. good luck in finishing up
ReplyDeletesherry @ fundinmental
WHY did all three have to be in the same month!!! It made it just too tough to join in! They do the Read A Series In A Month twice a year so I can maybe join in the early one then split the two others in November. That might work next year!
DeleteYou are still doing better than me! I don't even join challenges anymore because it means instant failure for me. I'm just hoping to meet my GR 100 before next month ends.
ReplyDeleteNext year I'm limiting the amount of challenges and going mostly with mood reading and series catchups! I'm a bit behind on the Goodreads challenge but I'll get my 200!
DeleteI've basically quit on the two reading challenges I signed up for in January...although I didn't totally fail on either one. I just didn't quite make it to the end. But that's usually what happens with me and reading challenges. :)
ReplyDeleteThis year I signed up for a lot and will finish or nearly finish all of them but next year I'm going more to mood reading!
DeleteYay on your reading challenges! This year has been a bit of an epic fail which I'm coming to terms with. I don't think I'm going to make a single goal but I have read some good books so I'll call that a win.
ReplyDeleteGood books are certainly the most important thing! I must say the quality of my reads this year wasn't as good as last year. Too many were disappointing but that's how it goes sometimes!
DeleteI'm doing good with most of my challenges. Looks like I probably will fail again this year with my Alphabet challenge. I have a couple letters that I might not get to.
ReplyDeleteThe Alphabet ones are always tricky-the same letters trip me up every time! I won't get X done for the authors and might not do Q.
DeleteI don't sign up for any challenges but I make it a goal each year to read at least 100 books and I've already passed that so far this year so I'm happy. I kept track of all the books I read so I can post them at the end of the year.
ReplyDeleteI'm a bit behind on my book target for 200 books but I still hope to make it!
DeleteI've abandoned the Read a Series in a Month challenge too. I just wasn't in the mood when the time came. :(
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the Goodreads push! I only need 4 more to complete that one. :)
Same here-I've went right off urban fantasy! I'm about 20 books behind on my Goodreads total! I really need to dig in!!!
Delete