Thursday, 14 November 2019

Books From The Backlog-Extracted


Books from the Backlog is a fun way to feature some of those neglected books sitting on your bookshelf.  You might be surprised by some of the unread books hiding in your stacks. Go to Carole's blog and add your blog post link in to join in the fun! Hosted by Carole at https://carolesrandomlife.blogspot.co.uk/

This seems like a fun feature and I have been planning to take part since Carole launched this so at last, here we go! I have a TON of unread books to choose from in various genres and I'm looking forward to sharing some of them with everybody. 


In 2061, a young scientist invents a time machine to fix a tragedy in his past. But his good intentions turn catastrophic when an early test reveals something unexpected: the end of the world. A desperate plan is formed. Recruit three heroes, ordinary humans capable of extraordinary things, and change the future.

Safa Patel is an elite police officer, on duty when Downing Street comes under terrorist attack. As armed men storm through the breach, she dispatches them all. 'Mad' Harry Madden is a legend of the Second World War. Not only did he complete an impossible mission—to plant charges on a heavily defended submarine base—but he also escaped with his life. Ben Ryder is just an insurance investigator. But as a young man he witnessed a gang assaulting a woman and her child. He went to their rescue, and killed all five.

Can these three heroes, extracted from their timelines at the point of death, save the world?


Over the last two years I've been dipping my toes more into SF books and the plot of this one sounded a bit intriguing. The cover is also good-simple but effective use of colour and it caught my eye. I got this book in November 2018 and I'm curious about how the plot progresses.

18 comments:

  1. I really want to read more sci-fi too. Hope this one works out for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I like certain types of SF like the twisted game shows, dinosaur planets, things hunting people on ships and colony buildings, that kind of things but I am dabbling occasionally with other types and I have quite a few on my e-readers!

      Delete
  2. I'm intrigued by this one, too! Hurry up and read it so I know if it's any good. ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm supposed to read it this month for SF month so let's see if I can do it!

      Delete
  3. The author chose to defy time traveling 101. Interesting. Sounds quite action packed form the synopsis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not much of a time travel reader so this is outside my comfort zone but the plot does sound good!

      Delete
  4. The cover does look really interesting and not too complicated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the science isn't too complicated for my brain!

      Delete
  5. This sounds interesting. I like the idea of heroes saving the world. I do like the cover. I hope you enjoy, Chuckles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was intrigued when I first saw it, liking the cover and the plot. It isn't my usual kind of read so I do hope that I like it!

      Delete
  6. I like the cover, and I love a good time travel book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't dabble much in time travel but I did love the Future Shock series and X-Variant so fingers crossed I like this too!

      Delete
  7. Wow this sounds like a good read. I can see this being a movie or a Netflix adaptation. Let me know how the book goes!

    Elle @ Keep on Reading

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will do! Being up to date with my reviews means I can review it as soon as I read it and I'll TRY to read it this month!

      Delete
  8. i've been reading more scifi myself. i have found some great books so i look forward to seeing what you think
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to get moving on the SF challenge but I also have plenty to save for reading next year too! SF interests me so I hope to dabble a little more in it next year!

      Delete
  9. It sounds like a double tough group of characters. I'd like to read it and this is a new author for me too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sound interesting. It's on my list to read this month and I hope to fit it in for the SF challenge.

      Delete