Thursday, 18 July 2019

Books From The Backlog-Adrift


Books from the Backlog is a fun way to feature some of those neglected books sitting on your bookshelf.  You might be surprised by some of the unread books hiding in your stacks. Go to Carole's blog and add your blog post link in to join in the fun! Hosted by Carole at https://carolesrandomlife.blogspot.co.uk/

This seems like a fun feature and I have been planning to take part since Carole launched this so at last, here we go! I have a TON of unread books to choose from in various genres and I'm looking forward to sharing some of them with everybody. 


In the far reaches of space, a group of tourists board a small vessel for what will be the trip of a lifetime - in more ways than one...They are embarking on a tour around Sigma Station - a remote mining facility and luxury hotel with stunning views of the Horsehead Nebula.

During the course of the trip, a mysterious ship with devastating advanced technology attacks the Station. Their pilot's quick evasive action means that the tour group escape with their lives - but as the dust settles, they realize they may be the only survivors . . .

Adrift in outer space, out of contact with civilization, and on a vastly under-equipped ship, these passengers are out of their depth. Their chances of getting home are close to none, and with the threat of another attack looming they must act soon - or risk perishing in the endless void of space.


I don't read a lot of books set in space but this sounds like my kind of read. I got this book in November 2018 and might save it for a SF challenge later this year!

12 comments:

  1. i don't read a ton of space books either, but have been broadening my horizons some this year. it took me a little while to join in too. motivates me to dust some off the shelves
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt like that too...I felt there would be some space books out there I'd like if I took the time to look, and I have found some that sound pretty good.

      Delete
  2. I love this cover - so desolate looking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the way the colour has been used on this one.

      Delete
  3. This sounds like my kind of read, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the idea of passengers on space ships or colonists on planets and in installations, pursued by monsters or killers of some kind or dinosaurs!

      Delete
  4. I don't read a lot of books set in space either but I have really liked the ones that I have read. This does sound like a good read. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have quite a few like this that sound really good and I like browsing for similar plots!

      Delete
  5. This does sound good. I'm going to check it out.

    ReplyDelete