Welcome to my feature Chuckles Weekend Roundup where I will be looking at what books I've received, anything interesting I've done or bought or watched and other random stuff. I'll be taking a look back at what happened in my blogging world too, sort of like The Sunday Post that some of you do!
Please note that I'll be visiting your STS/SP as normal, but I don't follow or leave comments on blogs run by Google Plus, or DISQUS as I refuse to join something just to leave comments, and I won't allow DISQUS to follow new people, update my profile or post tweets 'on my behalf'. I am the only one who does that on my social media! I won't comment on any blog that makes me sign in using another account. Sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress-they try to block me because I deleted my account with them but I will persevere as it only happens the odd time!
****************
Another week has gone by and the SOLD sign is up on the house next door. Every time I hear a noise outside I'm up at the window, anxious about who is going to be moving in. I really am hoping for people who are nice and quiet so I can relax. Obviously there will be a few weeks of possible DIY and upheaval but once they settle in, I hope they are nice! That's about the only new excitement going on here. I'be been reorganising the food cupboard and noting all the use by dates for future reference. I'm also getting interested in cutting the leftover food in the house wherever possible so I'm getting a book about cooking with leftovers to help me on my new adventure! It might give me new menu ideas as I need to start cooking a bit more.
On the reading side of things I'm doing pretty well this summer, still moving my way through my Summer Reading List. I'm already starting to plan out my categories and books for an Autumn Reading List which will start on September 1st. Hopefully I'll be as motivated to stick with that through to the end of November! I'm also just sharing a few more backlog books that I'm adding to my TBR even though they were bought weeks ago. I haven't bought as many books this year yet I don't feel deprived of new books at all!
PAPERBACKS/HARDBACKS
Chuckles Blogging World
I kept up pretty well on the blog this week. I have a few more comments to answer and I'll be caught up going into the weekend which is nice.
Book Reviews
Justin Somper-Allies & Assassins
Jaye Wells-Green Eyed Demon (Sabina Kane #3)
James Comey-A Higher Loyalty
Chuckles Mini Reviews Catchup
Regular Posts
Chuckles Cover Love
Chuckles Sunday Reading Roundup
Around The Blogs With Chuckles
Top Ten Tuesday
Books From The Backlog
Discussion Posts
Chuckles Chuntering
Book Challenges
Tackling The TBR
Chuckles Summer Reading List
Films & TV
This week I watched the exciting semi finals of the Cricket World Cup and caught up a bit with Masterchef Australia. I also got two films watched but didn't love either of them.
Book Tags/Blog Awards
none this week
Currently Reading/Up Next
I did read Silver Tongued Devil, book 4 in the Sabina Kane series but instead of going to my other selections I instead read an apocalypse book called Toward The Brink and am motoring through the final Sabina Kane book which I'll finish tonight. Yea, another series completed! I still want to read Starfall Muta and The Island, my other selections from last week, AND I want to finish Rhiannon Frater's As The World Dies trilogy and read Shark Beach, so that is priority! A busy reading week...







I like that cover for "Starfall Muta". I'll have to wait to see what you think of it. The only review I could find of it online was less than overwhelming :-/
ReplyDeleteBookstooge.wordpress.com
I've got two books by the author. This one sounds more serious than Space Sharks though! Fingers crossed that they both entertain me!
DeleteShark Beach looks fun!!
ReplyDeleteI love that colour and it has been calling me since I bought it!
DeleteI hope the new people that move in are nice and quiet.
ReplyDeleteI'm really hoping they aren't total idiots! Quiet would be perfect!
DeleteFingers crossed your new neighbors are friendly and nice. And quiet. :)
ReplyDeleteI can hear somebody in the house right now so I'm ready to 'go out with the trash' to get a look at them!
DeleteI've tried to get better with leftovers too. Mostly not having any lol My husband used to need leftovers to take to work (he worked shift work) but now he's home for dinner and most goes to waste. Other than the basic reheat the next day type of leftovers.
ReplyDeleteI also filled my fridge up too much when we first got here. I got excited with all the fresh fruit/veggie variety & a lot went o waste.
I hope you find a good cookbook to help!! & get good neighbors
Karen @ For What It's Worth
I'm hoping to cut down on what I waste. I'm not the greatest cook or veggie eater but I do need to get into better habits! There's so much talk about some things not being safe to eat after use by dates or reheat the next day that people throw stuff away out of fear! Time to find out what can be frozen or reused!
DeleteNew neighbours are always a worry but fingers crossed they're nice.
ReplyDeleteI'm on a reduce waste food mission. I've been horrified at how much we can throw out because we miss the use by or only use some of something... Aside from the guilt of wasting the food, I hate how much money we're literally throwing in the bin! Good luck with your efforts!
I'm hoping they aren't horrible! I don't need that kind of stress in my life! Yeah I looked at the waste from our house and just felt like it was time to reduce it and use the freezer for more than ready meals! Hopefully we'll both do well with it!
DeleteMy neighbors are moving, too. I’m happy about it because they like to smoke cigarettes and marijuana on their deck at night, and the smoke blows through my bedroom window while I’m trying to sleep. I will not miss that!
ReplyDeleteAj @ Read All The Things!
I can understand you not being sad to see them go! They would've driven me mad with that. I hope you'll get somebody good in their place!
DeleteI am keeping my fingers crossed for you. I hope you won the new neighbor lottery. There is nothing worse than being stuck with terrible neighbors.
ReplyDeleteWe still haven't even seen them yet! Maybe it's vampires and I'm about to live out my own Fright Night!
DeleteI added Starfall Muta to my wish list and I'm waiting to see what you think of it before buying. Shark Beach sounds like a fun one. I hope your new neighbors are what you hope for. Nice, quiet and friendly:)
ReplyDeleteStarfall Muta was ok. There is certainly plenty happening through it but a little outside my usual kind of read. SF fans will probably like it.
DeleteI'm praying your new neighbors turn out to be okay. I know how stressful that can be. We almost survive on leftovers at least the first two days of the week because Mr. Barb ends up cooking so much over the weekend.
ReplyDeleteI don't know anything about them and haven't even seen them up to measure for carpets and things. Maybe the contract exchange hasn't happened yet!
Delete