It has been another insane busy week here at The Book Cave. I spent all week going through huge piles of newspapers and cutting out all the articles of interest then trimming each one into a smaller version ready for the scrapbooks. Some articles can be long winded so I tend to just keep the interesting bits and discard the rest. I must have cut about 200 papers. It doesn't sound like a hard task but leaning over my footstool to read the articles and cut them, then stretching to the side to drop the discarded pages and papers into the rubbish pile does take a toll on my back! After that we had to get the papers down to the rubbish dump which is always an ordeal! The good thing is that they are done and that is one task for this year completed!
It has been a week of housework as well which I never enjoy. Can I say how much I hate ironing? It is one of those tasks that seem to suck the life out of you! The other thing I finally made myself do was get the mending basket out and finally patch up the various clothes and two housecoats in it. That did nothing for my already sore back I can tell you and it made my fingers cramp! I hate sewing and I'm useless at it but I'm finally caught up with that too. Today it will be dusting mostly which isn't too stressful!
As you guys will have noticed, my book review backlog has been steadily shrinking and I'll be caught up with them AT LAST at some point during this month which will be a relief. I fully intend NOT to get behind like that again as it has been so much work these last six months to get so many written like that. Again though, I'm nearly done with that. Reading has been patchy as I'm persisting with rewatching Game of Thrones on DVD! I've completed season three which is one of my favourites and started season four. After I get the whole thing out of my system I really need to start watching films and other boxsets!
The weather hasn't really cooperated so no more painting has been done. The forecast for next week doesn't look great so I'll be taking the chance to have a nice rest and chill out! I'll be going offline today after I do my weekend roundup and I'll be back answering your comments and visiting your blogs next weekend I reckon, Monday at the latest. I will be posting my regular posts as normal though.
Have a good week and I'll see you soon!

You are getting so much done! Everything needs work for me right now. LOL I still haevn't watched the last season of GOT and have managed to avoid all spoilers. Got to binge that Monday!
ReplyDeleteI don't know how you've avoided all the spoilers! I hope you get to watch it soon!
DeleteWhat a busy week! But cool that you got so much done. I hope however that you have a much more relaxing weekend. :)
ReplyDeleteIt has certainly been hectic recently!
DeleteIt's such a good feeling to get caught up on reviews. I hate getting backed up, because I am not good at churning them out one after the other. Good for you catching up!
ReplyDeleteI need to get back into getting this last part of the review backlog done! I'm not sure I'll have time this week as I have a lot to catch up with on the blog!
DeleteAt least it's done now!
ReplyDeleteI'm with you on the hatred of ironing. I put it off and put it off until the pile is terrifying and no one has clothes left and then I spend HOURS (like 5 last time!) working through it and then I feel happy and satisfied and promise myself not to let it get in that state again and then I just repeat the cycle... One day, I'll break it. 😖
Ugh ironing! I hate that and hate cleaning the bathroom! In fact I pretty much hate housework in general!
DeleteI am still so hopelessly behind on reviews. The list is well over 100 and I plan to group some of the older books into mini reviews, but I want all of the newer ones to have their own posts with the attention they deserve. But the older ones deserve attention too...ugh, I don't know. But good on you for all the progress, book-related and otherwise!
ReplyDeleteMini reviews are a godsend if you don't have a lot to say about a book.I've taken advantage of that where possible. I think the rest of my backlog are going to be normal sized reviews but the end is in sight.
DeleteWOW, I used to cut coupons and I can tell you I know exactly how much work that is to cut all of that up. Good for you that you got all of that done! One more thing to get off the list.
ReplyDeleteMary
The worst bit is still to come, sticking the buggers into the scrapbook...
Delete