The TBR total shown is the total number of books I own but have not read yet-wishlist books are NOT in my TBR! Sometimes there will be a difference between the books read and new total-if I read a book not on the TBR it counts for books read for the week but not for this challenge.
BOOKS IN
-Books in refers to bought,
downloaded or gifted books being added to the TBR list.
BOOKS OUT
-Books read refers to books read that were ON the TBR and DNFed is obvious.
-Deleted from
the TBR are books I lost interest in reading, or sequels to DNFed books
I no longer want to read and have been removed without starting to read
them. These three categories added together are my books 'out'.
I'm posting my progress on the 7th, 14th, 21st and final day of the month as before, even if there is no progress to report and anyone else is welcome to join in. No rules, set up your posts how you want and when you want, just reduce the pile! And each week I'll add my new week to the end of the post so I can track how the whole month went.
********************
March 1st-7th
TBR Start Total: 1531
BOOKS IN:
New Books In: 1
BOOKS OUT:
Books Read: 4
Books DNF: 3
Others Deleted From TBR: 0
Target Total: 1500
New Total: 1524
Another
decent reading week, rattling through some short horror and either
finishing or DNFing them. Either way it gets them off the TBR which is
good!
********************
March 8th-14th
TBR Start Total: 1524
BOOKS IN:
New Books In: 4
BOOKS OUT:
Books Read: 6
Books DNF: 0
Others Deleted From TBR: 5
Target Total: 1500
New Total: 1517
Another
good week for getting stuff done, reading 6 books which offsets the
four that I bought and downloaded. I also cleared 5 other books I no
longer wanted to read off my e-readers which was an added bonus.
********************
March 15th-21st
TBR Start Total: 1517
BOOKS IN:
New Books In: 0
BOOKS OUT:
Books Read: 2
Books DNF: 1
Others Deleted From TBR: 0
Target Total: 1500
New Total: 1515
I got a bright start to the week for reading but have taken a few days off it to watch a few dvds after my hard work painting!
********************
March 22nd-31st
TBR Start Total: 1515
BOOKS IN:
New Books In: 4
BOOKS OUT:
Books Read: 1
Books DNF:
Others Deleted From TBR:
Target Total: 1500
New Total: 1518
OK took a little bit of a hit this week due to a few new books I ordered and less reading than I had hoped for this week. I'll get back on it next month! The new plan is to tackle books lying forever on my tbr or those with mixed reviews that might be DNF candidates.
********************

DNF is a time honored tradition :-)
ReplyDeleteIt's been totally vital to my bookworming! I need to be able to stop with the stuff as soon as I'm not enjoying it.
DeleteWow! You are getting so close to your target numbers.
ReplyDeleteOnce I get under the 1500 to read barrier it'll feel like the end of a mental block! I try to look at small targets rather than the big picture as that is way too scary!
DeleteIt's a never ending struggle! :)
ReplyDeleteI blame the authors Greg. If they didn't keep churning out all these shiny new books there wouldn't be a problem!
Deletesounds like you are making progress. i keep trying to tell myself there is no way i am going to read all the books i want unless i become immortal, so don't put so much pressure on myself. :)
ReplyDeletesherry @ fundinmental
I can't face the thought of never reaching the end of my tbr! I simply must become a vampire and live forever!
DeleteYou finished the month with a net reduction! Not too shabby at all. :)
ReplyDeleteYou know, I hadn't even noticed that! That has cheered me up a bit!
Delete