Welcome to my feature Chuckles Weekend
Roundup where I will be looking at what books I've received, anything
interesting I've done or bought or watched and other random stuff. I'll
be taking a look back at what happened in my blogging world too, sort of
like The Sunday Post that some of you do!
Please note that I'll be visiting your
STS/SP as normal, but I don't follow or leave comments on blogs run by
Google Plus, or DISQUS as I refuse to join something just to leave
comments, and I won't allow DISQUS to follow new people, update my
profile or post tweets 'on my behalf'. I am the only one who does that
on my social media! I won't comment on any blog that makes me sign in using another account. Sometimes,
I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by
Wordpress-they try to block me because I deleted my account with them but I will persevere as it only happens the odd time!
Another week goes by and I was out this morning clearing snow again. I wasn't surprised to see it as it was bitterly cold last night. I really didn't want to get up this morning. The snow doesn't seem to bother the squirrels as long as I keep the feeder itself clear of snow and ice. Mind you, at least they have fur for this weather! A busy week around the house as usual but no reading this weekend as I was bit tired. I had hoped to dive into a bit of Westeros history with GRRM but it wasn't to be. I did discover that some books marked as TBR have actually been read so I'll be able to give Tackling The TBR a bit of a numbers boost in the right direction this week. That makes up for it! We've fitted the bin locks which seem to work nicely but it's a bit of a pain that we have to be dealing with crap like that on cold winter days.
Chuckles Blogging World
I've been playing catchup with visits and comments all week as I'm doing a different order to my posts and it's still in the chaos phase at the moment.
Book Reviews
I finally found the journal that has all my reading notes in it so maybe I can get started on the reviews fot the books I read last year! I'm a bit behind...
Regular Posts
Top Ten Tuesday
Chuckles Friday Reading Roundup
Around The Blogs With Chuckles
Discussion Posts
My 2020 (Lack of) Reading Statistics
Winter Blues #6
Reading Challenges
Tackling The TBR
Films & TV & Music
In a blast from the past I watched St Elmo's Fire. I fondly remember when I first watched this and drooled over Rob Lowe and Andrew McCarthy! I used to watch the so called Brat Pack films when I was at school! Continued with 1993 episodes of Coronation Street. I really loved Jim McDonald, so I did!
Book Tags/Blog Awards
none this week
The Week Ahead
I'll be resetting my total on Tackling The TBR after finding some books I've actually read that I hadn't marked as read. Hurrah! I'm hoping to read a couple of short books this week and maybe a bit more of the huge Fire and Blood!


Living in Las Vegas we get really mild weather. So no snow here most years. It doesn't even get all that cold here for the most part.
ReplyDeleteI like having seasons but I hate clearing snow! I've done more of it this winter than the last three years combined!
DeleteI loved the Brat Pack films! I nearly watched The Lost Boys yesterday but decided to leave it for another day.
ReplyDeleteGlad you sorted your bins out, it’s been freezing here and every visit to the bin is filled with swearing as I struggle to prise it open.
I LOVED The Lost Boys! Ooh Kiefer and Jason! I've had the hots for Kiefer Sutherland since I was at school and it was the same watching him in 24! I like having the bin locks but taking metal locks and padlocks off on cold winter mornings is hell on my fingers!
DeleteIt's been snowy here too. Glad the squirrels are doing okay! Sometimes I watch em out our back window and it's amazing to me how they stay warm- and how agile they are!
ReplyDeleteHope you can squeeze some Westeros in here sometime soon hahahaha!
The Roo looks scary! And oh my gosh I St. Elmo's Fire. It's been quite a while!
They are such cute wee guys! I love the way they stare at the window when the box is getting empty! It's like they have learned to guilt trip me!
DeleteI would kill to be in the mood to read right now. Even Westeros can't tempt me though I figure I would read TWOW if it was handed to me right now!
We get tons of snow here, and it doesn’t seem to bother the squirrels at all. They’re out in all weather. Have a great week!
ReplyDeleteAj @ Read All The Things!
The squirrels have kept me sane during lockdown as I just love their daft antics.
DeleteOur weather seems rather manic this month. We've had snow, freezing rain, sun and mid-50s often all in the same few days span. The boys have already determined what trees on their walking route house the most squirrels so they're always on guard. Hope you have a great week and don't have to shovel too much more.
ReplyDeleteYour boys would have a field day with our tribe! Some days we get five chasing each other to get first shot at the food! It's so cold here at the moment that I'm only warm when I'm hiding under the duvet! It has given me the excuse to watch a few new to me films!
DeleteI'm so envious of the snow! We get nothing where I am... Barely a flake since everyone else started getting it just after Christmas. Last weekend (or maybe it was the weekend before? They're all the same) there was a thin layer of white when I woke up but it melted before lunchtime. :(
ReplyDeleteSnow is ok to look at outside but hell to shovel on cold winter mornings! I always clear it for the postman and delivery guys if something is due to be delivered.
DeleteI'm so over the snow... I'm so sore from our last shovel session LOL! Ooh I can't wait to see what you think of The Roo! I had a blast with that one!
ReplyDeleteSnow is such a pain! We had slush one morning and it was nearly two inches thick and it kept clinging to the brush! It was even worse than the snow! I keep hoping to get to The Roo...maybe this week!
Delete