Welcome to my feature Chuckles Weekend
Roundup where I will be looking at what books I've received, anything
interesting I've done or bought or watched and other random stuff. I'll
be taking a look back at what happened in my blogging world too, sort of
like The Sunday Post that some of you do!
Please note that I'll be visiting your
STS/SP as normal, but I don't follow or leave comments on blogs run by
Google Plus, or DISQUS as I refuse to join something just to leave
comments, and I won't allow DISQUS to follow new people, update my
profile or post tweets 'on my behalf'. I am the only one who does that
on my social media! I won't comment on any blog that makes me sign in using another account. Sometimes,
I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by
Wordpress-they try to block me because I deleted my account with them but I will persevere as it only happens the odd time!
Welcome to a New Year edition of my weekend roundup! I am pleased to report that I am now virus free after nine miserable days! My eating is back to normal and today my dad and I will be enjoying the turkey joint with sage and onion stuffing, bread sauce and roast potatoes that we should've had on Christmas Day! I don't want another dose of that norovirus anytime soon. In other exciting news I actually read a book this month! Yes, a whole book!!! It's the only one I read this month but I'm already starting another, which hasn't been up to much. I'm really hoping that I can get back to a normal reading year in 2021.
No purchases for books over the Christmas period but it's January and the book ban is now over. I have a few books coming my way this month as a New Year treat to myself and then it's back into Tackling The TBR. I really want to get a pile off my TBR this year and get back on track at last. As for the year ahead then? Well, I have to clear books off the ereader as well as from the physical bookshelves. I have a ton of films and TV series to watch, start or catch up with. I have re-runs of Coronation Street to watch and take notes on. I have to catch up on my favourite reality TV shows-things like Deadliest Catch, Top Chef, Masterchef and so on. I have my news scrapbooks to do (the last thing I stuck into it was from the start of 2013 so I'm only seven years behind). I have a ton of craft projects too! A busy winter ahead!
On the challenge front I'll be doing the Goodreads Challenge as usual, and my Tackling The TBR so that the books don't get too out of control. I do want to catch up and finish with a few book series but I'm not doing a specific challenge for it. A nice year of stress free reading would be nice and hopefully once the vaccine is unrolled here, charity shops can get a big pile of books from me. With the Oxford vaccine in the UK, I hope to maybe get mine around April but I'll still be using a mask and taking precautions as none of them are 100% protection.
Happy New Year everyone!
Chuckles Blogging World
I've been playing catchup this week after being offline since Christmas with that norovirus crap so I've been quite a bit behind on posts and comments.
The Week Ahead
OK so my plan this week is to get reading. I started a book just before New Year and I'll be DNFing it tonight I think. It claims to be about political scandal but in reality it is full of gossip and rumour and the author's tone is very snide all the time. It's time to select a new book!

Wahoo!! I'm so glad to hear you're feeling better!
ReplyDeleteYeah, stupid bug! Enough to feel sorry for myself but back to *normal* now.
DeleteYay...so glad you're feeling better! :D
ReplyDeleteSo am I...I'm a nightmare to deal with when I don't feel great!
DeleteHappy New Year! I’m glad you’re feeling better.
ReplyDeleteAj @ Read All The Things!
Happy New Year AJ and I wish you lots of books!
Deletei have been a bit out of touch, so i didn't know you were ill. so happy you are feeling better
ReplyDeletesherry @ fundinmental
Typical winter bugs but thankfully not Covid. I can deal with the normal bugs!
DeleteSo glad you're feeling better! Hope you have a wonderful 2021!
ReplyDeleteI'll settle for safe and healthy! It'll be a win if we don't get Covid before the vaccine gets to us...
DeleteSo glad to hear you're feeling better! Getting sick is no fun and especially now when it can be so hard to get through to doctors. I'm keeping my reading pretty stress free this year too. I just want to read what I want to read without feeling like I should be reading something else!
ReplyDeleteYeah with things as they are it's a sort of grit your teeth and get on with it. These bugs are no fun but you know they'll eventually pass. Patience is not a virtue with me though!
DeleteI'm so glad to hear you're feeling better.
ReplyDeleteThanks Mary. Soldiering on!
Delete