Saturday, 1 July 2017

New-To-Me July Challenge



Welcome to July!!! I can't believe it is this far into the year already but it's time for another Chuckles themed reading month! I will be looking mainly at new-to-me authors that I haven't read before or maybe a new-to-me series by an author I've liked if time allows. 

Kermit looks a bit overcome by it all...but 5 of these are short prequels of about 60/70 pages, and another pile of about 15 are under 200 pages so I do hope to get to them all this month! I'm hoping to really get ahead in my Goodreads Challenge this month and tackle the darn tbr. I'd say I'm limiting my book buying but we know THAT isn't going to happen! Here are books that I hope to read this month.

NEW-TO-ME AUTHORS

1) Matthew Reilly-Great Zoo of China
2) Patrick Sheane Duncan-Dracula vs Hitler
3) Ryan Graudin-Wolf By Wolf
4) KT Tomb-Dinosaur Island
5) MV Stott-Underground Magic
6) JA Cipriano-Wardbreaker
7) David Bussell-Deathday
8) Leigh Bardugo-Six of Crows
9) Steve Alten-Meg
10) Melinda Braun-Stranded
11) Elizabeth Briggs-Future Shock
12) Jordanna Max Brodsky-The Immortals
13) John Ringo-Under A Graveyard Sky
14) Ann Charles-Dance of the Winnebagos
15) Ann Charles-Nearly Departed in Deadwood
16) Nicholas Erik-Paradise
17) Mira Gibson-Daddy Soda
18) Renee George-Pit Perfect
19) Ken Greenhall-Hellhound
20) Cynthia Hand-My Lady Jane
21) Saul Tanpepper-Golgotha
22) Erin Hayes-Damned If I Do
23) Amy Hopkins-Dream Stalker
24) RL King-Stone and a Hard Place
25) Orlando A Sanchez-Tombyards & Butterflies
26) HJ Lawson-New Order
27) HD Lynn-The Corner Store Witch
28) William R Forstchen-Day of Wrath
29) SD Perry Resident Evil: The Umbrella Conspiracy
30) Simone Pond-Hidden Sight
31) Matthew Scott Hansen-The Shadowkiller

 NEW SERIES BY AUTHORS I LIKE

32) Nicholas Sansbury Smith-Hell Divers
33) MJ Kraus-Death Magic
34) Sonya Bateman-The Cursing Stones 

Have you ready any of these or are planning to read them?

8 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see what you think of Six of Crows. I just bought that one recently but haven't found time to work it into my schedule. I haven't read any of her books before but I've heard great things about her books. Good luck on your challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't like her other series but I do like the sound of this one.

      Delete
  2. Good luck! I also need to read a Leigh Bardugo book. A lot of people are obsessed with her work. I need to see what the hype is about.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't like her other series but I'm ok with giving a different series a try!

      Delete
  3. Leigh Bardugo for me too- I've got to get to Six of crows. And The Immortals- ooh. Hope you like it. The Great Zoo of China looked good to me too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really keen to see what The Great Zoo of China is like. I've seen mixed reviews on The Immortals and I worry it might end up too slow for me!

      Delete
    2. I liked The Immortals but was less keen on the sequel Winter of the Gods. And Immortals might be a tad slow, it's been a while since I read it- I hope it works for you. I did like the concept...

      Delete
    3. If it's slow I might not get through it. I guess I'll find out when I start it!

      Delete