Monday, 3 July 2017

Around The Blogs With Chuckles


We all enjoy snooping and lurking on other people's blogs right? Why not share those entertaining things you found with other readers and bloggers too! Welcome to Around the Blogs with Chuckles, where I take time out to show you some of my favourite blog posts from the previous seven days and link you up so you can check them out.

This Week! 

1) The ARC Entitlement Is Out Of Hand
Austine at Novel Knight talks about how some bloggers are spoiling things for the whole community with their behaviour.

http://novelknight.com/2017/06/arc-entitlement-hand/ 

2) Book Review-Warlock Holmes by GS Denning 
Mogsy takes a look at Sherlock Holmes in a paranormal setting

https://bibliosanctum.com/2017/06/26/book-review-a-study-in-brimstone-by-g-s-denning/ 

3) Book Review-UNSUB by Meg Gardiner 
Barb at Booker T's farm talks about serial killers that can give you nightmares!

http://bookertsfarm.blogspot.co.uk/2017/06/unsub-review-this-book-actually-gave-me.html 

4) Online Retailers and Book Covers
Do retailers have a duty to send you the exact book cover that you ordered? Join in this discussion about poor customer service!

https://booksvertigoandtea.com/2017/06/29/lets-talk-about-online-retailers-and-book-covers/ 

5) Book Review-A Manual for Cleaning Women by Lucia Berlin
AJ at Read All The Things reviews a semi-autobiographical short story collection.

http://ajsterkel.blogspot.co.uk/2017/06/review-manual-for-cleaning-women.html 

6) Book Review-The Female of the Species by MindyMcGinnis 
Dragonfly reviews this relevant book with a message to all young women.

http://www.ourfamiliarium.com/2017/06/the-female-of-the-species-so-many-important-stars/

12 comments:

  1. I’ll have to check out the ARC entitlement post. I don’t read ARCs, so I’m mystified by people’s craziness over them. I know that free stuff is great, but why do people have to be jerks about it?

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here AJ! I'll have a Chuckles Chat post on that coming in the next few weeks I hope. Free stuff is good but going overboard with it isn't!

      Delete
  2. Yep, and technically I'm still having them although at this point I think they're stress related and not UNSUB related.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blame it on the book anyway, it sounds good! I need to find some good gory horror to curl up with!

      Delete
  3. Ooh I didn't see the post about book covers. I'll have to go read that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a lot of good comments under the post about customer experiences too...

      Delete
  4. Feel free to snoop and lurk away, I'm always happy to discover new posts and blogs. Thanks again for your shout out to my Warlock Holmes review!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Warlock Holmes sounds like a really fun read and I added it to my wishlist. I think a few people I know would be interested in it!

      Delete
  5. I love this concept! I'm looking forward to learning about new blogs every week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just need a bit more time to visit some more!

      Delete
  6. Thanks for sharing these, Chuckles! I just checked out the ARC entitlement post which is one I wouldn't have seen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doing this actually gets me looking at a lot more blog posts than normal which is good, and it showcases other blogs. Bit of a win-win!

      Delete