This tag is based on Stephen King's 'IT' and was created by chucklesthescot over at https://chucklesbookcave.blogspot.com/ . Answer the booky questions and don't wait to be tagged to take part! Please credit me and link back to this post if you choose to play. You don't need to read the book to answer the questions!
For each character, there are various options so everyone should be able to take part! The words beside each name can refer to either the plot, setting, author, title or cover of your chosen books.
1) Bill-Stutters, family death, bike, Silver, MC is author, UK, flu
A mysterious flu starts killing people and John, a prepper, decides to take no chances and moves his family to a camping ground. As he waits for the rest of the family to join him, he must prepare his family for a long stay, unaware of the trouble that is about to find him.
2) Georgie-Dead or missing child, boat, rain, flood, balloon, fairground
When Adventureland comes to town, people from the local area start going missing and only those who have lost loved ones can stop the carnage. Excellent British horror!
3) Ben-Fat, young love, library, troll, poem, dead parent, books, dam, exams
Zander and Vanessa suffer from a strange illness that makes them want to hurt and kill people, and this hunger makes relationships dangerous. Van can't be with her friend Ketchup as Zander reacts badly to him, and Zander himself loves and hates new girl Ivy in equal measures. Add in the cult that wants the Roth family dead and those who want to channel their abilities and you have an excellent YA paranormal series. The romance in this series works perfect and I loved the plot and characters!
4) Bev-Female author or MC, domestic violence, abuse, love triangle, fashion
David was brought from another world to live as a normal human and his enemies send monsters after him to stop him returning to claim his throne. Abby has been having strange dreams about David and the monsters but by helping him, she endangers everyone she loves. This fantasy trilogy combines monsters in our world with a whole new land through a portal, and some really good characters which I really enjoyed.
5) Mike-Racism, Farm, Dog, photographs, rocks, crime investigation, fire
Anne's family and their neighbours are ready when the EMP hits, and survive unscathed in their home until raiders start looting the houses in their streets. Now they face a difficult journey to a relative's farm and a new life but not everyone on the road is friendly. I loved this EMP trilogy and the characters were great!
6) Richie-Loudmouth, werewolf, glasses, voices, radio, TV, cinema
A reality TV game offers a challenge-get across The Valley to the exit and win! The only problem is, you have to survive the dinosaurs and backstabbing fellow contestants first. I love this book and would love to see this as a film!
7) Eddie-Illness, protective parent, physical injury, driving, hospital
There was certainly physical injury in this one! 100 people come through the Trials, chosen to go to the dinosaur infested land of Piloria to retrieve eggs to make a DNA based weapons to wipe out the predators and take their land. Really enjoying this series!
8) Stan-Jewish, suicide, birds, bath, religion, park, notebook, boy scout
I decided to go with the bird book title for this one!
9) Henry-Bully, mental illness, tunnel, asylum, junkyard, knife, escape, assassin
This book is all about an assassin and I need to catch up with the series.
10) Pennywise-Shapeshifter, clown, serial killer, monster, fear, carnival
A scary carnival or theme park is one thing I'd love to read more about. This was one of the best! Go into the scary Castle of Horrors! Each room has a theme from vampires to werewolves to witch trials, aliens and campground serial killers. Once you enter the room, the theme plays out for real and you must survive it before you can leave the room. Clear all the rooms and you might escape the Castle! Great horrorfest!
For each character, there are various options so everyone should be able to take part! The words beside each name can refer to either the plot, setting, author, title or cover of your chosen books.
1) Bill-Stutters, family death, bike, Silver, MC is author, UK, flu
A mysterious flu starts killing people and John, a prepper, decides to take no chances and moves his family to a camping ground. As he waits for the rest of the family to join him, he must prepare his family for a long stay, unaware of the trouble that is about to find him.
2) Georgie-Dead or missing child, boat, rain, flood, balloon, fairground
When Adventureland comes to town, people from the local area start going missing and only those who have lost loved ones can stop the carnage. Excellent British horror!
3) Ben-Fat, young love, library, troll, poem, dead parent, books, dam, exams
Zander and Vanessa suffer from a strange illness that makes them want to hurt and kill people, and this hunger makes relationships dangerous. Van can't be with her friend Ketchup as Zander reacts badly to him, and Zander himself loves and hates new girl Ivy in equal measures. Add in the cult that wants the Roth family dead and those who want to channel their abilities and you have an excellent YA paranormal series. The romance in this series works perfect and I loved the plot and characters!
4) Bev-Female author or MC, domestic violence, abuse, love triangle, fashion
David was brought from another world to live as a normal human and his enemies send monsters after him to stop him returning to claim his throne. Abby has been having strange dreams about David and the monsters but by helping him, she endangers everyone she loves. This fantasy trilogy combines monsters in our world with a whole new land through a portal, and some really good characters which I really enjoyed.
5) Mike-Racism, Farm, Dog, photographs, rocks, crime investigation, fire
Anne's family and their neighbours are ready when the EMP hits, and survive unscathed in their home until raiders start looting the houses in their streets. Now they face a difficult journey to a relative's farm and a new life but not everyone on the road is friendly. I loved this EMP trilogy and the characters were great!
6) Richie-Loudmouth, werewolf, glasses, voices, radio, TV, cinema
A reality TV game offers a challenge-get across The Valley to the exit and win! The only problem is, you have to survive the dinosaurs and backstabbing fellow contestants first. I love this book and would love to see this as a film!
7) Eddie-Illness, protective parent, physical injury, driving, hospital
There was certainly physical injury in this one! 100 people come through the Trials, chosen to go to the dinosaur infested land of Piloria to retrieve eggs to make a DNA based weapons to wipe out the predators and take their land. Really enjoying this series!
8) Stan-Jewish, suicide, birds, bath, religion, park, notebook, boy scout
I decided to go with the bird book title for this one!
9) Henry-Bully, mental illness, tunnel, asylum, junkyard, knife, escape, assassin
This book is all about an assassin and I need to catch up with the series.
10) Pennywise-Shapeshifter, clown, serial killer, monster, fear, carnival
A scary carnival or theme park is one thing I'd love to read more about. This was one of the best! Go into the scary Castle of Horrors! Each room has a theme from vampires to werewolves to witch trials, aliens and campground serial killers. Once you enter the room, the theme plays out for real and you must survive it before you can leave the room. Clear all the rooms and you might escape the Castle! Great horrorfest!











What an awesome tag you've created. And I need a copy of Carnival of Fear right now!
ReplyDeleteI loved Carnival of Fear! In fact I want to reread it this Halloween!
DeleteI finally saw the IT movie yesterday. I liked it and will probably watch it again.
ReplyDeleteAj @ Read All The Things!
I'm planning to watch the dvd in October!
DeleteLove this tag! It's so clever and fun. I'll have to see if I'm clever enough to come up with a book to fit each character. Wish me luck. :D
ReplyDeleteI hope you do the tag!
DeleteKiller clowns freak me out so I can't do IT, but fun tag! I saw Extinction Trials and had to comment- you know how much I love those! And the Estep books look fun too- I've been meaning to try her at some juncture.
ReplyDeleteI've always hated clowns! As a kid I refused to go near a circus. After reading IT, I'm surprised anyone would go near a clown!
DeleteI read IT a long time ago. Clowns have never done much for me, but after that, I don't like them so much. LOL A bunch of great looking books...
ReplyDeletesherry @ fundinmental
Pennywise is such a great bad guy!
DeleteThis is the best idea for a tag that I have ever seen! When I get some time I hope to join in.
ReplyDeleteThanks Bark! I had to do something with It, as it's my favourite book!
Delete