Monday, 26 June 2017

Around The Blogs With Chuckles


We all enjoy snooping and lurking on other people's blogs right? Why not share those entertaining things you found with other readers and bloggers too! Welcome to Around the Blogs with Chuckles, where I take time out to show you some of my favourite blog posts from the previous seven days and link you up so you can check them out.

This Week! 

1) Game of Thrones: Jon Snow (spoilers) 
Greg at Book Haven takes a look at Jon Snow from A Song of Ice and Fire book perspective and his relationship with Noye and Stannis. I always love a GoT post me!

http://gregsbookhaven.blogspot.co.uk/2017/06/game-of-thrones-jon-snow.html 

2) Book Review: The Strange Case of The Alchemist's Daughter by Theodora Goss 
Mogsy at BiblioSanctum shares her thoughts on this fantasy mashup with horror characters. I added this one as I think a few of you guys will want to read this one.

https://bibliosanctum.com/2017/06/20/book-review-the-strange-case-of-the-alchemists-daughter-by-theodora-goss/ 

3) Dealing With Samples 
Sarah at Dragons & Zombies talks about making use of the free samples when deciding whether or not to buy a book. Something Chuckles really needs to do! 

https://dragonsandzombies.com/2017/06/23/dealing-with-samples-1/

4) Book Review: The Evaporation of Sofi Snow by Mary Weber 
Lillian at Mom With A Reading Problem looks at this sci-fi gamer dystopian book.

http://www.momwithareadingproblem.com/2017/06/review-evaporation-sofi-snow-mary-weber/ 

5) Latest Game of Thrones trailer released!
It does what is says on the tin. Oh this season looks so awesome!!!

http://www.westeros.org/GoT/News/Entry/Winter_is_Here_Trailer_Released 

6) Book Review: Now I Rise by Kiersten White
Lada Dracul is back and being reviewed by Lynn at Lynn's Film and Book Review. This review contains spoilers for book one, And I Darken

http://lynnsfilmandbookreview.blogspot.co.uk/2017/06/review-now-i-rise.html 

7) Disorganised Blogger's Guide to Book Conferences
Nicole at Feed Your Fiction Addiction looks at how not to do a book convention

https://feedyourfictionaddiction.com/2017/06/disorganized-bloggers-guide-book-conferences-aka-example-not-follow.html 

14 comments:

  1. Some wonderful posts to check out. I am one of those that definitely want to check out The Strange Case of the Alchemist's Daughter. I really need to pick up my copy of And I Darken.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm probably going to grab a copy of And I Darken even though it's way outside my comfort zone. I'm really not sure I'll like it though!

      Delete
  2. You know my favorite would have to be Greg's on GoT :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There can never be too many GoT posts! My next one is tomorrow!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the shout out! I missed most of these posts somehow so I'll be catching up today. THanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been playing catchup all day with my comments thanks to hiring a van to move stuff to the rubbish tip!

      Delete
  4. Thanks so much for the shout out! I also found some great books in your other links. Can't wait to read Evaporation of Sofi Snow and I also just finished Now I Rise which I agree was a great one!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been fun trawling round the blogs each day to see what I can add to the post. It's a work in progress which I add to each day!

      Delete
  5. Always neat to see what you have for us from around the blogsphere. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had more time to just spin around the web looking at more blogs!

      Delete
  6. Yay, I am looking forward to those posts :) Also, I didn't know there was a new trailer!! Need to check right now, awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found it on a different site from usual and got over excited! I still have to watch it myself!

      Delete
    2. I can't believe the next season already starts in a couple of weeks! Will you watch and do weekly reviews of each episode? I was considering doing it :)

      Delete
    3. I'll be doing my usual GoT post and I'll also be doing an episode review the day after each episode is on tv so we can all go mad about what's happened! Should be great! If you do a similar post, I'll be there!

      Delete